Price Of Land In Surin

the gent

Against the run of play I find myself after 3 years in the field about to be hitched.

The purchase of land et al is of course seminal to any Thai spouse and I have no illusions about my role in such matters. Early forays into the the Surin market have revealed a multiplicity of old biddies related to the missus who wish to dispense with land at rates which strike me as optimistic.

Difficult question I know, but what is the cost of a rai within 20 kilos of Surin town? Ball park figures if they can be quantified...... given the obvious impact of communications and drainage, I am asking the cognoscenti to estimate the price of land in (a) stuck in isolation with no services or(:o adjacent to a metalled road with full drainage etc.

Grateful for any response........

The filled land alongside the roads that lead into Surin, ie just 1km from the town center is currently going at around 2,000,000 baht a rai. And it's being snapped up. The whole of Surin town and the surrounding countryside is alive with new projects and new factorys/warehouses/stores. 4 km's from town on the Theep Thani Estate, land is around 1,000,000 a rai (filled land with drainage system already in) a lot of Farangs and rich Thais are buying up there. Further out you can get a nice piece of land for about 100,000 a rai, right down to off the road paddy at as little as 10,000. We will be having land for sale on our web-site http://www.farangconnection.com/property.html in the near future, but for the time being we are limited to property.

Prices vary from reasonable to VERY high. In Loei province we recently bought 10 rai for 18,000 baht per rai. Within a couple of kilometers there is another 10 rai plot that they want 500,000 baht per rai. Our plot has only a mud road and no electricity. The other 10 rai is on a good road with electricity. The land is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

Hi All

On land prices that relate to Ubon. My wife and I purchased 5 rai on the outskirts of the city 5kms approx from the city centre. The price for this averaged THB 400,000 per rai. We purchased two adjoining plots 3 rai next to concrete road with electric and an additional 2 rai at the rear off the road. Needless to say the land with road access was the most expensive. If you are buying just off the chayangkul main road then prices can be 1million per rai.

In contrast to this we were offered farm land in Sisaket @ 10,000 baht per rai for 20 rai but failed to take up the offer a couple of years ago. The further out you get into the sticks the cheaper the land gets.

Jay

Against the run of play I find myself after 3 years in the field about to be hitched.

The purchase of land et al is of course seminal to any Thai spouse and I have no illusions about my role in such matters. Early forays into the the Surin market have revealed a multiplicity of old biddies related to the missus who wish to dispense with land at rates which strike me as optimistic.

Difficult question I know, but what is the cost of a rai within 20 kilos of Surin town? Ball park figures if they can be quantified...... given the obvious impact of communications and drainage, I am asking the cognoscenti to estimate the price of land in (a) stuck in isolation with no services or(:o adjacent to a metalled road with full drainage etc.

Grateful for any response........

Hi

The old adage Location, Location, Location is just as applicable in Isaan as the UK. I have various plots to sell in Satuk, Buriram Province and had no idea of the going rate.

The prices nearby varied considerably depending on mettalled road, or fronting the Mun river etc. So to get as unbiased opinion as possible I asked the local land office for the going rate. They advised the price per tarang waa ( think 4 square meters) 400 tarang waa = 1 Rai

Now using their price I have been able to sell a plot but I have not been killed in the rush so I assume the price is about right.

What they advised worked out at 1,600,000 baht per rai. but this is for center of town on private estate with own mettaled road with all facilities, within 3 mins walk of farang owned floating restaurant on Mun river, so really a prime site.

Hope this helps

TBWG