Muriatic acid is just hydrocholoric acid so any homepro or like should have it.

Just premix with water before you add to pool and remember add acid to water when premixing not water to acid ( dissolution is highly exothermic and if you add water to the acid it can explode back out all over you.

Gloves and eyewaer and you are in control cheers

Just premix with water before you add to pool and remember add acid to water when premixing not water to acid ( dissolution is highly exothermic and if you add water to the acid it can explode back out all over you.

Thanks Monty.

Any idea approxiamtely how much this stuff costs?

I'm a little bit ignorant, but I've read Muriatic Acid is about 35% the strength of hydrocholoric acid - so I should use about 1/3rd of the mix?

Cheers.

Thanks Monty.

Any idea approxiamtely how much this stuff costs?

I'm a little bit ignorant, but I've read Muriatic Acid is about 35% the strength of hydrocholoric acid - so I should use about 1/3rd of the mix?

Cheers.

I do not have info over the price .

Muriatic acid and hydrochloric acid are the same . It is just a different name . 35% is near the highest reachable as it is a gas in water solution . Smoking HCL is 37% if i remember correct , and you will see fumes of white smoke going out of the bottle . 35% is just below that , so it is very concentrated stuff .

• 9 years later...