How Much Red Wine Can Cause Alcoholism ?

THAIPHUKET

After reading all of these posts, problems, recommendations and associated health risks with drinking - it's made me want to stop " reading " !!

Please do stop.

This is for people who question if they drink too much; not for normal drinkers to tell us how messed up we are.

If you are hapoy drinking, get drunk and troll somewhere else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the better definitions of alcoholism:-

"Alcoholism is a primary illness or disorder characterised by some loss of control over drinking, with habituation or addiction to the drug alcohol, causing interference in any major life function, e.g. health, family, job, spiritual, friends,legal."

Notice there that it doesn't say anything about how much you drink. So having a drinking problem isn't defined by quantity - but rather loss of control, which ultimately causes problems in other areas of your life, i.e. health, work, relationships etc.

Utter rubbish, alcoholism is no more an illness than heroin or cocaine addiction, it's an addiction not an illness or disorder. This clap trap ties to take the responsibility away from the abuser of this particular drug. If you are an alcoholic you are an addict, not a victim.

Just stating a dictionary definition..................!!!

And I read this in an article just a few days ago and IMO it is pretty well spot on..........

"No one has the last word on alcohol abuse and the disease of alcoholism. There may even be a sociological angle that argues there is no such thing. But alcoholism is now widely accepted as an inherited condition related to how the brain's pleasure pathways and neurotransmitter system operate. Its close associates are depression, fear, anxiety and feelings of struggling to fit in".