Golf In Laos

sticklee

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going again, first of October for a week. Looking forward to playing Long Vien this time and I'll make sure and go on the Thursday. Thanks for the info sticklee. Anybody else going to be there beginning of October?

I'm going again, first of October for a week. Looking forward to playing Long Vien this time and I'll make sure and go on the Thursday. Thanks for the info sticklee. Anybody else going to be there beginning of October?

I went on a Tuesday, not Thursday but still a very good value any day of the week.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I finally got round to playing Long Vieng last week. Very nice facilities and driving range. 330,000 kip (1300 Baht?) on a weekend.

I found the front 9 greens to be too difficult. How many hills and slopes can you possibly have on 1 green? The back 9 are a bit easier and more enjoyable.

Vietnamese managed and it shows, very good service from bag drop to finish, everything went smoothly (quite a novelty in Laos)

Long course, it took an incredible 6 hours to finish and we weren't really held up!!!

The caddies have had some training and in our group (9) there were no complaints.

1 birdie all day from 9 players, some of them with very low handicaps!!

• 1 month later...

I finally got a chance to play Long Vieng golf course in VTE, its almost to the friendship bridge with its own private entrance, very nice place, nice practice facility, we just showed up around 1030 and were told all the caddys were out and would have to wait an hour to play, gave us free range balls , nice putting green, and they have something us americans love GOLFCARTS, very nice course nice true rolling greens its about $52 with a golfcart, but much more fun with a cart

• 9 months later...

Long Vien have put their prices up to nearly 500,000 LAK (2000 THB) for 18 holes with caddy (no cart) at weekends.

They do a special golf day on Mondays for 308,000 LAK for 18 with caddy (cant find on website) or 380,000 with cart.

They also have special discounts for Lao expat residents thumbsup.gif

http://longviengolfresort.com/choi-golf.html#golf-fees

SEA Games course is 100,000 kip cheaper on the weekend. I will play there this weekend.

http://www.seagamesgc.com/guide/money.htm

KM6 have raised prices slightly to 120,000 LAK for 9 holes with caddy (still the best deal in Laos but full of Puyai at weekends)

I refuse to go to LCC since the price rise and rude staff bah.gif

Edited by lovelaos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lao inter golf course is now called Mekhong Golf and Country Club and is now my regular course. The price is still good 220,000 kip weekday, the caddies are the best in VTE and the course is empty. You will need a car to get there but the road is now finished and very good. The course has problems with water but for me that means losing less balls in the dry water hazards!!