Ubon Alarm Systems

jay-uk

Another question for anyone in the Ubon area. Do you know any electric shops offering alarm systems and installation? I wanted to get an alarm setup on my next visit and to save time if anyone has any good and/or bad experiences to speak of it would be great to know. Thanks.

Jay

Another question for anyone in the Ubon area.  Do you know any electric shops offering alarm systems and installation?  I wanted to get an alarm setup on my next visit and to save time if anyone has any good and/or bad experiences to speak of it would be great to know.  Thanks.

Jay

Jay, take a wireless one with you from the UK, its far easier, and u will have the book in EN. I took mine over from the UK, just make sure you carry it hand luggage, I put mine in the suitecase, and got called back after it hand been thru the xray. Made to open case, show them what it was and they still made me carry it as hand luggage, ( no prob they are not heavy anyway )

The one I bought had 4 door / widow contact breakers. 4 infra red scanners, control panel, 2 remotes ( for setting the system after you have left the house ) + 1 number panel to fix on the wall in the house. All these are remote and wireless free and took only 1/2 to set up.

have fun, if u get a thai to do it for u

CF

You can buy them in Tesco/lotus jay-uk, along with IR lights for installing around the house. It would be an install it yourself job but we have a general electrical repair guy that rents our frontage that could install it for you.

If the Tesco ones are not up to what you want he could source the ones you would like and fit them for you, he is very busy though so I would not bother him unless you were serious - he fixes everything of ours that goes wrong, from house electrics thru TV's to the microwave last month.

The things are available and he can fit them, would be up to your wife to negotiate the costs though!

Edited by thaibites0

I like the idea of the wireless system for inside the house. Sounds easy enough for even me to fit. The addition of a few IR lights outside aswell that come on at night if anyone walks by wouldn't go a miss. Thanks.

CF

Where did you buy your wireless alarm system from in UK so that I can go and take a look. Thanks.

Jay

The system is made by Micromark, I bought one of there bigger systems, then all you do is add items as you want them. I got my system via a electrician friend, but I know you can get them most places Argos, B&q etc. I think the system was 150£ ish plus about 60£ for the add ons. Hope that helps.

Edited by Cheeky Farang

CF

Just found the micromark website they have a few systems which you described. The one which looks to be what we are after is as follows:

www.micromark.co.uk/epages/micromark.filereader?4391656f00b7497c273f0a020f650659+EN/products/MM23174

This looks just the job. I might start looking to buy one asap. Thanks.

Jay

Pay me and i'll install it for you

Have a look on gardiner security

The menvier ts690 is quite good for a wireless panel i've installed a view of these. the only thing is your supposed to change the batteries every six months on all wireless systems or your just asking for false alarms

RAB

Edited by robkerr60