Farang Scam Artist In Ranong (Thailand)

redguy

Beware of this man who has just recently scammed business owners (farang) in Ranong and Koh Phayam.

He befriends people and then says he has trouble with his bank and tries to borrow money (amongst other things).

He was in Ranong last year and tried similar things but disappeared when suspicions were raised.

Edited by Lite Beer
Photo and name removed.

‘redguy’…..As well-meaning as your topic post maybe…….Don’t you think it’s a little vague to be of any use to anyone. You say; “this man,” which man? No one has to stay to long in Thailand to meet ‘this man’ they are all over the place, Thai and Farang.

A scam artist in Thailand……….News flash Thailand, hub of scam artists.

Hoping this topic will shine a light on ….’This man’

Edited by Tonto21

to Tonto there was a picture of the man in the original post it has been removed

Thanks 'beano2274'......That makes sense now. Glad I wasn’t to sarcastic! But it does render this topic a bit limp.

Edited by Tonto21

Guys, I don't see the point of having a forum if we can't use it to help each other. If the photo was the wrong format or something I can change it for you. If you are worried about legal implications then there won't be because the guy is a scam artist. We need all the help we can get to assist each other and put him out of business. Please advise us of an alternative method.

Guys, I don't see the point of having a forum if we can't use it to help each other. If the photo was the wrong format or something I can change it for you. If you are worried about legal implications then there won't be because the guy is a scam artist. We need all the help we can get to assist each other and put him out of business. Please advise us of an alternative method.

You are not allowed to name and shame, or the person who it is can take you to court, and also take Thai Visa to court for allowing the photo to be published. Read Forum rules

Thai law - defamation of character

Edited by beano2274

If you are worried about legal implications then there won't be because the guy is a scam artist. We need all the help we can get to assist each other and put him out of business. Please advise us of an alternative method.

Well there are legal implications, who is to say the photo you posted is the actual person, and not someone you have a hard one for ?

Has the person concerned been arrested/charged and convicted as a scammer ?......if not you are now messing with Thailands deformation of character laws and liable laws.

The person concerned could lay charges against you and/or Thai Visa...this is why the photo was pulled

Thai law - defamation of character

And, as illogical it may seem to we westerners, the Thai libel laws apparently apply even if the accusations are true and accurate! I'd bet the OP was not aware of that.

I know several people just like how the OP describes.

As a matter of fact I could create a whole forum on this topic alone.

The solution is: never part with your hard earned cash, because if we were to fall down into the gutter, no one is going to pull us out.

Sad but true.

‘redguy’…..As well-meaning as your topic post maybe…….Don’t you think it’s a little vague to be of any use to anyone. You say; “this man,” which man? No one has to stay to long in Thailand to meet ‘this man’ they are all over the place, Thai and Farang.

A scam artist in Thailand……….News flash Thailand, hub of scam artists.

Hoping this topic will shine a light on ….’This man’

also watch out for this pickup (no photo) its grey with shiny alloy wheels and a bull bar at the front. i know it has a thai number plate and it runs on diesel. i think its a vigo. watch out, he doesnt indicate when he turns left..... or right for that matter.

BEWARE. drunk.gif

Some random bloke asks you to borrow money and then buggers off...is this really what qualifies as "Scam" these days? And what's more qualifies this guy as a "Scam Artists"?? Man we have come a long way since The Sting

The scam artist is the dodgy money lender who is trying to eliminate amateur opposition.

Sometimes, you have to look at it from the other bloke's point of view...

SC

Quite anxious about trumpeting the word.

A victim, were you?

Avoid unknown Farangs that approach you. Especially if they start to talk about their mishaps in Thailand. wink.png

Avoid Farangs in general...

For some of us, it's a way of life.wai.gif

I suppose most of us are more tolerant of foreigners...

SC

Avoid unknown Farangs that approach you. Especially if they start to talk about their mishaps in Thailand. wink.png

Avoid Farangs in general...

For some of us, it's a way of life.wai.gif

SC

Speculative matter, per usual.

Hence they are doing this. whistling.gif

Apparently it attracts ghosts after dark; you want to be careful, so you do.

Anyway, on that note, I think I'll pop across the road to wet my whistle

SC

We have no way of knowing what is a real warning and what isn't. For every real post warning about some person or business, there are two malicious ones posted by business rivals and anyone else with a grudge. Thailand also has very strict dafamation laws, so the rule protects both the forum, an the individual posting, not to mention innocent individuals targeted for malicious reasons.

We have no way of knowing what is a real warning and what isn't. For every real post warning about some person or business, there are two malicious ones posted by business rivals and anyone else with a grudge. Thailand also has very strict dafamation laws, so the rule protects both the forum, an the individual posting, not to mention innocent individuals targeted for malicious reasons.

Perhaps the OP is trying to discourage us from lending money to each other, so that he can lend us money at usurous rates, and that he was fully aware that the picture and name would be censored. The intention was just to raise the level of distrust amongst farangs.

If that was true, how would his post look any different?

SC

Do you mean Rayong , or Rannong, if he is in Rannong its a small place,

I see you know the place well....by the way, it is called Ranong and the population is in excess of 100,000......I suppose small compared to Bangkok.....ever been there???

• 4 weeks later...