BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
jim1563

Shimano 6500B

Try 7seas or Parknum fishing they often have them, but as you might expect, they are getting harder to find these days

I still got 3 of them i use them when my dad goes fishing with me. I myself am now a multiplier man. If you get one of those accurate bx500 (yes much more expensive) it will outpreform the 6500b. But only needed in Bungsamran, no where else do you need that kind of power.

Cheers guys got one from 7seas 4200 baht don't think they will be on their for to long its the ones from Malaysia with the gold spool..Just need a rod to match the reel now..

For a rod try pro-kik. He has a web site in Thai and the bass pro shop about 50 m up soi 42 from bung San ran. His custom rods are very good but he also sells some lower quality too. I got my snakehead rods built by him. Worth phoning before you go as shop is not always open.

...no where else do you need that kind of power.

What about Gnao nam? huh.png

Gnao nam has no pier the fish can dive under. It has a lot less sangs then BSR. I personally think a 6500 could handle it great htere. I fish there now with my accurate's and jigging master reels but im not sure you need the same power there as in BSR.

Just think you can give the fish a lot more line in shadow and you dont have to worry too much about bothering others.

...no where else do you need that kind of power.

What about Gnao nam? huh.png

Gnao nam has no pier the fish can dive under. It has a lot less sangs then BSR. I personally think a 6500 could handle it great htere. I fish there now with my accurate's and jigging master reels but im not sure you need the same power there as in BSR.

Just think you can give the fish a lot more line in shadow and you dont have to worry too much about bothering others.

Yes can't go under your feet like Bung samran so I see your point. They can dash in under the pier in the middle but often you will be fishing away from that.

Gnao nam is definately much more open and you are usually fine letting the fish run. The big fish will actually dive between roots and branches of trees on the far bank if they are strong enough.

Its been said i,m guilty of taking rob to the dark side, So many have tried casting multipliers and gave up after a short while, But after very little instruction and robs full concentration he too was addicted to the smell of burning thumb, Could see he was,nt going to give up...his bait runners seem to have gone into semi retirement,

At the moment i,m getting frustrated trying to master the art of skip casting lures with baitcasters...anyone got that down 100% yet?

Its been said i,m guilty of taking rob to the dark side, So many have tried casting multipliers and gave up after a short while, But after very little instruction and robs full concentration he too was addicted to the smell of burning thumb, Could see he was,nt going to give up...his bait runners seem to have gone into semi retirement,

At the moment i,m getting frustrated trying to master the art of skip casting lures with baitcasters...anyone got that down 100% yet?

Excellent. Good riddance to those egg beaters I always say, haha. clap2.gif

ok ok if it's a stella, saragosa or saltiga I can understand. smile.png

I like them both now but power wise and drag wise nothing beats a multiplier. Other then that ease of casting goes to the spinning stuff.

I like them both now but power wise and drag wise nothing beats a multiplier. Other then that ease of casting goes to the spinning stuff.

I like only the multipliers. Wont use spinners. The stella has 55lbs of drag, saragosa 44lbs and the biggest saltiga 66lbs.

I like the way multipliers fish and I like to take apart, modify and tune my reels. Thats much easier to do than with spinners.

I have a patchy history with multipliers and casting. Bird's nests like you wouldn't believe. Totally ruins a day out. I know they are good, all my friends use them, just dont want to sacrifice precious, rare fishing time unpicking line on the bank!

I have a patchy history with multipliers and casting. Bird's nests like you wouldn't believe. Totally ruins a day out. I know they are good, all my friends use them, just dont want to sacrifice precious, rare fishing time unpicking line on the bank!

We all start off like that dude. Get lots of practice, mag your reels if you need to or use the strongest brakes to start with (if they are included). You know it is impossible to bird nest if you thumb the spool the whole cast but very very lightly of course. At the start I nearly chucked them in many many times. The knowledge on how to use them properly just wasnt easily at hand. In Phuket nobody practiced in using these reels was an English speaker. So glad I stuck with them now though but I've been through the hundreds of yards of line in the learning experience. biggrin.png

We all start off like that dude. Get lots of practice, mag your reels if you need to or use the strongest brakes to start with (if they are included). You know it is impossible to bird nest if you thumb the spool the whole cast but very very lightly of course. At the start I nearly chucked them in many many times. The knowledge on how to use them properly just wasnt easily at hand. In Phuket nobody practiced in using these reels was an English speaker. So glad I stuck with them now though but I've been through the hundreds of yards of line in the learning experience. biggrin.png

Same here it took me 3 whole days in BSR to get the hang of it. It did ruin my days but i was not about to give up. I still get them now and again. But they are easy to solve.

However if i try to cast my jigging master its a lot harder or if i try it with my AVET and mono its harder too. My 2 accurate's are the best i have ever had. I am still real happy i started with them.

Casting with spinning is easier but playing and controlling fish with mutipliers is much better. The drags are stronger and smoother.