Airline Information And Flight Deals For Expats

craigt3365

There is a great fare from BKK - Lisbon on a mix of airlines, 41000 Bt business. It books through Alitalia which is going through bankruptcy so be aware of that. Very limited availability.

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#search;f=BKK,DMK;t=LIS;d=2017-07-18;r=2017-08-08;sel=BKKAUH0EY407-AUHFCO0EY83-FCOLIS0TP833,LISMXP0TP804-MXPAUH0AZ856-AUHBKK1EY408;sc=b

Qatar continues to offer decent business fares from a number of European cities TO Bangkok ( not so much from). The cheapest I have seen is Venice ( VCE) , just over 50,000. 

Obviously Cairo, the best deal, is dead for now. Fortunately my one  ticket was for the last flight from Doha to Cairo , last week.

https://www.google.pl/flights/#flt=/m/07_pf./m/0fn2g.2017-07-26.VCEDOH0QR126~DOHBKK1QR836*/m/0fn2g./m/07_pf.2017-12-30.BKKDOH0QR833~DOHVCE1QR125;c:THB;e:1;sc:b;sd:1;t:f;sp:0.THB.50768*0.THB.50768

Edited by Prbkk

There's a good deal between BKK and the west coast in the fall if you're willing to take a side trip to Chendu

BKK-CTU business goes for under $400 USD, this can be on China Southern or Sichuan

CTU-SFO business goes for $1728 - China Southern

CTU-LAX business goes for $1802 - China Southern

• 3 weeks later...

Budget airline Norwegian has return flights Swampy to Oslo and vice versa for about 11,700 Bt, October through to December,, if booked through Momondo. Just be aware that food, drinks and hold luggage are extra on Norwegian.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Budget airline Norwegian has return flights Swampy to Oslo and vice versa for about 11,700 Bt, October through to December,, if booked through Momondo. Just be aware that food, drinks and hold luggage are extra on Norwegian.

A very nice airline.  Food has to be purchased, but it's quite good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Super cheap deals on Qatar now ex HCMC, including business fares to the US for around $1000 return. Also cheap flights to J'Burg business (rarely seen and someone was asking about it). Valid until Dec, wide availability, unheard of cheap...won't last long. Google flights search will show the options.

I'm booked up already and a bit pissed that this has come without warning. But good if you can go and don't mind 24 hours in Doha ( and departing from, returning toHCMC).

Bargain.

2 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Super cheap deals on Qatar now ex HCMC, including business fares to the US for around $1000 return. Also cheap flights to J'Burg business (rarely seen and someone was asking about it). Valid until Dec, wide availability, unheard of cheap...won't last long. Google flights search will show the options.

I'm booked up already and a bit pissed that this has come without warning. But good if you can go and don't mind 24 hours in Doha ( and departing from, returning toHCMC).

Bargain.

We just flew them and it's a nice airline.  24 hours in Doha could be interesting!

16 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Bargain.

Got any sample dates?  I checked and see $2600 as the cheapest business class option to LAX from SGN.  Added, looking at that flyertalk thread I might have just missed it.

10 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

We just flew them and it's a nice airline.  24 hours in Doha could be interesting!

Yes, agree, nice airline. I used them a lot ex Cairo but that has stopped because of the ban. I think I was on the last Qatar flight into Cairo the day relations were cut. 

These flights book in "R" class ( a business restricted) but still earn the full whack on most One World programs .

Ive never seen fares this cheap.

1 minute ago, steelepulse said:

Got any sample dates?  I checked and see $2600 as the cheapest business class option to LAX from SGN.  Added, looking at that flyertalk thread I might have just missed it.

Yes, I got it from Flyertalk. I saw NYC for $1028. Oct/nov but the fares will go really quickly.

8 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Yes, I got it from Flyertalk. I saw NYC for $1028. Oct/nov but the fares will go really quickly.

Qatar is now cancelling these tickets, claiming they are "mistake" fares. Pity.

11 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Qatar really have a strange price/promotion policy. Great airline, beautiful new airport, but I more or less gave up trying to win the lottery and wait for their random promotions. Shame really.

17 hours ago, Prbkk said:

It would appear at this stage that tickets which were booked and paid for immediately are being honoured. Only tickets which were 'held' (reserved) for a while before being paid for are being cancelled. Which kind-of makes sense for a flash sale, which this was.

• 4 weeks later...

Qatar have the world's shortest sale on at the moment: started at 7pm Thursday and ends at 9am Friday. So you have about 8 hours left.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-th/offers/night-sale.html

Couldn't actually see anything worth mentioning on it, but I haven't seen any really good fares on Qatar since last year. Still, maybe someone will see something they like.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Qatar have the world's shortest sale on at the moment: started at 7pm Thursday and ends at 9am Friday. So you have about 8 hours left.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-th/offers/night-sale.html

Couldn't actually see anything worth mentioning on it, but I haven't seen any really good fares on Qatar since last year. Still, maybe someone will see something they like.

Another misguided promotion from Qatar, but thanks for the tip. 

it's a bit annoying how often a 'sale' turns out to be nothing-special, isn't it !

Hopefully they might do a real-Sale once their current overflying-rights trouble is solved, if not then perhaps wait for the usual annual-Sale by the major Gulf-based airlines, early/mid-January ?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 10:46 AM, Ricardo said:

I just got an email,  Bangkok Airways Sale coming 4th-7th September  (28th-30th pre-Sale for FlyerBonus members), for travel 15th September to 31stJanuary.

Here is the link:

http://www.bangkokair.com/eng/promotions/clickbookflyaug17?utm_source=flyerbonus&utm_medium=edm_en&utm_campaign=clickbookfly

only flyer-Bonus members get this link, as they have access to a pre-booking period, expiring today, 30th at 23.59 hrs.

You need to type in your FF number in order to see available fares.

Regular PAX can book those fares (what's left of them) starting 4th of Sept., 8.00 am

Some of the cheapest international fares I have ever seen from BKK AIR:

Samui - HKG 5.875 THB return incl Taxes!

Domestic Phuket  - Chiang Mai at 1.090THB one-way not bad either

Edited by siam2007
krabbbbb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ricardo said:

it's a bit annoying how often a 'sale' turns out to be nothing-special, isn't it !

Hopefully they might do a real-Sale once their current overflying-rights trouble is solved, if not then perhaps wait for the usual annual-Sale by the major Gulf-based airlines, early/mid-January ?

The one last year had some outstanding deals. This year's one was quite poor. The only stand-out fare I saw was Brussels to Tokyo in biz for €610 (a bit more from Amsterdam).

• 2 weeks later...

Was researching some flight options for late October and Oman Air came up trumps with a Bangkok- Manchester (UK) round trip for around 23,000 baht. I understand that the seat pitch in coach on their 787's (BKK sector) is tight. However, there's loads more coach legroom an the A330 that does the longer bit to MAN.

• 4 weeks later...