Italian Cruise Ships

The current plight of the Costa Concordia brings to the fore a comment made by Churchill.

After his retirement he was cruising the Mediterranean on an Italian cruise liner.

Some Italian journalists asked why an ex British Prime Minister should chose an Italian ship.

“There are three things I like about being on an Italian cruise ship” said Churchill.

“First their cuisine is unsurpassed."

"Second their service is superb."

"And then, in time of emergency, there is none of this nonsense about women and children first”.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And then again

How do they serve alcoholic drinks on Italian cruise ships? - On the rocks.

*What vegetables do you get with dinner on Italian cruise ships? - Leeks.

*What's the fastest way to get off an Italian cruise ship? - Follow the captain.

*When the captain of the ill-fated Costa Concordia was asked if he knew where he was going he replied "off course."

*So the captain of the Costa Concordia will soon be in the dock. That's more than can be said for his ship.

*The Costa Concordia is probably the most expensive thing to go down in Italy since Berlusconi's last hooker.

*What's the difference between the Italian economy and the stricken Costa Concordia? Nothing - The bottoms dropped out of both.

Man on phone to model shop

"Do you have any models of Italian cruise ships?"

"yes sir, we have one"

Great - can you put it on one side for me"

# How do they serve alcoholic drinks on Italian cruise ships? - On the rocks

# What vegetables do you get with dinner on Italian cruise ships? - Leeks

# What's the fastest way to get off an Italian cruise ship? - Follow the captain

# When the captain of the ill fated Costa Concordia was asked if heknew where he was going he replied "off c ourse."

# So the captain of the Costa Concordia will soon be in the dock. That's more than can be said for his ship.

# The captain says he is not guilty of manslaughter. He has witnesses to prove he was nowhere near the passengers who died.

# I like my women how I like my Italian Cruises. Wet, wrecked and ready to go down.

# The Costa Concordia is probably the most expensive thing to go down in Italy since Berlusconi's last hooker.

# What's the difference between the Italian economy and the stricken cruise liner Costa Concordia?

Nothing - The bottoms dropped out of both.

biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...