Suggestions For Travelling In Myanmar?

blossombkk

Hi to everyone,

I will be in Myanmar next week with my 2 daughters for 8 days. Anybody has a suggestion, out of experience, what are good places to go in the south and west of Yangoon? Shouldn't be not over 6 hours bus ride. could be good beaches and towns on the way.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

My gf just read on a Thai board that a womans mother was electrucuted while showering in Bagan. Could happen here surely, but just FYI. Was some luxury hotel as well.

Have you been to Bagan? It's a world must-see, definately within Myanmar itself! Still very nice, not changed much since my first visit -unlike the rest of the country which has changed A LOT!

My gf just read on a Thai board that a womans mother was electrucuted while showering in Bagan. Could happen here surely, but just FYI. Was some luxury hotel as well.

Have you been to Bagan? It's a world must-see, definately within Myanmar itself! Still very nice, not changed much since my first visit -unlike the rest of the country which has changed A LOT!

somewhat off topic, but a shame this...couple of people died in Pattaya relatively recently from the same... electric water heaters not properly grounded. one of them was an 18 year old student...