Earthquake In Cm?

wpbr

We are in Nongkway and felt the house shake, windows vibrating and it sounded like nothing I have ever heard before. Apparently the lottery ticket purchase tomorrow will depend on 2 factors!! Magnitude & time. See you at Tesco's :o

I live just a klik from the Airport and I was sitting in the garden reading the paper at 4pm ish. NO Beer or alcohol whatsover.

Gotta say I never felt a thing. I was on my balcony at 8.30am on Dec 26th and I felt that, but somehow I missed this one. however my Wifes restaurant Manager felt it in Hang Dong

Well, I felt it but only because my bottom was firmly touching the ground on a lawn inside the CMU grounds. My wife who was walking around in the same area didn't even feel it. (Though she heard the rumble too but didn't identify it as an earthquake)

I'm having trouble recognizing these things as earthquakes as well, as we don't do earthquakes where I'm from. :o

It was so mild though that I can't imagine it would make anyone run outside their house?

I was watching for the resulting Tsunami from the Ang Kaew pond, but it didn't materialize.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Was out in the garden (near Hang Dong) when we felt the shake. The maid was bathing at the time and ran straight outside without grabbing a towel. Not a pretty sight!

That will teach you for letting your wife hire the maid p1p. :o

It must have been above 4 then. :D

To repair that problem, hire a better looking maid :D

I'm afraid to admit that, unlike suggestions in other threads, our maids are hired for their abilities with brooms, irons, pots, pans and, yes, sheets. NOT between the sheets. Could not face the problems of a bit-of-fluff as a maid.

My chief maid seems to be something of a Godmother to the South Chiang Mai Maid Mafia. She has her own phone where she receives frequent calls from those requiring employment, and those needing help. (All her hirers are Thai though, she seems uninterested in Farang employers.)

Was out in the garden (near Hang Dong) when we felt the shake. The maid was bathing at the time and ran straight outside without grabbing a towel. Not a pretty sight!

I saw something even stranger. Was at Wat Umong down by the lake in a buddhist group when the rather scary rumble bang and jolt came. All the fish jumped out of the water! Extraordinary! Never to be seen again surely.