Thongsook College

Well, I did all that I could (completed the Thai Culture and Ethics course) got enrolled with your program affiliated with Thongsook...but Krusapha still turned my school down for a 2nd Waiver. About 3 weeks ago, I decided to go to Krusapha myself and plead my case to stay. They acted like there was nothing they could do. I plead all I could, and several people were in the "Foreign Teacher" office listening. Well, I don't know how...but before I could get back to my school, Krusapha called my school and told them to change my contract and make me a "Volunteer" teacher or a "Special Lecturer" and they would extend my waiver. We did that, sent the documents back to them and they granted the waiver.

Interesting news. However, I believe that the change of the occupation's name triggered the granting of the provisional teaching permit, rather than studying for the Thongsook BA TESOL.

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would agree if the story ended there. But if nothing else I believe it shows Immigration will not have an issue wth the Thongsook degree in 2 1/2 years when people begin acutally graduating.

Well, I did all that I could (completed the Thai Culture and Ethics course) got enrolled with your program affiliated with Thongsook...but Krusapha still turned my school down for a 2nd Waiver. About 3 weeks ago, I decided to go to Krusapha myself and plead my case to stay. They acted like there was nothing they could do. I plead all I could, and several people were in the "Foreign Teacher" office listening. Well, I don't know how...but before I could get back to my school, Krusapha called my school and told them to change my contract and make me a "Volunteer" teacher or a "Special Lecturer" and they would extend my waiver. We did that, sent the documents back to them and they granted the waiver.

Interesting news. However, I believe that the change of the occupation's name triggered the granting of the provisional teaching permit, rather than studying for the Thongsook BA TESOL.

http://www.thaivisa....aching-license/

I would agree if the story ended there. But if nothing else I believe it shows Immigration will not have an issue wth the Thongsook degree in 2 1/2 years when people begin acutally graduating.

http://www.thaivisa....aching-license/

Interesting news, although changing to volunteer teacher is probably not doable if people are getting paid(previous contracts, tax payments etc).

I am going to be about 9 months late on completing my BSc as my waiver runs out in May, extension and work permit in April, but I cannot finish my degree until about Feb 2014. Could someone please show how the contract would have to be worded in Thai with regard to "special lecturer".

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

All of the Thongsook BA students were recently sent a list of students. There are now nearly 60 students in our program. So much for the nay sayers!

This is Bangkok, I can get 60 idiots to invest in recovering gold for an exiled Nigerian prince...jut saying.

And I can suspend people for flaming and taking a topic off-topic. This is the teaching forum and is for teachers and about teaching and education. It is moderated more tightly than some of the other forums.

If you have nothing to say, then please say nothing.

Your cooperation is not only appreciated, it is expected.

Oh, and by the way, this is not Bangkok. We have teachers from all over Thailand and inquiries from other countries as well.

Edited by Scott

just as an update, having more students is significant. With about 60 students and a great deal of additional interest we are financially viable, so people concerned that the course would fail due to lack of numbers can put those fears to rest.

For anyone interested, please Email me if you would like to attend one week of classes in March, April or May. There will be no obligation to join more of the BA but for those skeptics who wish to visit Thongsook and see the training, this might be a good opportunity.

Edited by Scott
email not allowed

so people concerned that the course would fail due to lack of numbers can put those fears to rest.

Good to know that the course will complete (due to enough customers students taking the course) but we still don't know how accepted the qualification will be by employers. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when people start applying for jobs in a few years time.

so people concerned that the course would fail due to lack of numbers can put those fears to rest.

Good to know that the course will complete (due to enough customers students taking the course) but we still don't know how accepted the qualification will be by employers. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when people start applying for jobs in a few years time.

Why would employers care about the qualification,if it is approved by the m.o.e isn't that enough.

Here you have 60 students who want to teach and are doing a 3 year long degree,which is probably more appropriate to teaching than some young backpacker with a degree in political science or arts and wants to teach to bankroll is drinking,partying in thailand.

I think good on them for doing what they can to legitimize their teaching.

• Like 1

So you wonder how accepted a legitimate degree in TESOL will be compared to a degree in the various majors teachers currently have?

I fail to see how this is very complicated.

Both will allow the teacher to fulfill the requirements of having a degree, so they can get their work permit and visa.

Yet a degree in TESOL will be in teaching English. It seems illogical that a school would consider this less viable than a degree in Economics or Botany.

Why would employers care about the qualification,if it is approved by the m.o.e isn't that enough.

Here you have 60 students who want to teach and are doing a 3 year long degree,which is probably more appropriate to teaching than some young backpacker with a degree in political science or arts and wants to teach to bankroll is drinking,partying in thailand.

I think good on them for doing what they can to legitimize their teaching.

• Like 2

Many people go through life by putting down others. Those are the types of people who are unable to accomplish anything on their own, so they try to make themselves feel better by trying to make sure no one else is successful.

They take offense to everything. They berate other peoples work. They take pleasure in making others give up before they've even had a chance. The most they can hope for is to stop others from succeeding.

The people who have a good heart, the ones who want to see others succeed, are the only people who’s opinion should matter. Those are people who have confidence in their own abilities. Those types of people don’t mind helping others succeed. They don’t look for the negatives, but rather for any positive which can be used to build on.

People who matter don’t see a badly written story, or a poorly sung song, or a poorly drawn painting. They see potential. They see what could be. The people who matter are the ones who see the bright spots, the little glimmers of talent. While those who don’t matter will see a little bud on a plant, the ones who matter see what could be: a rose in full bloom.

Edited by phosphorescent