Go Bar Khon Kaen

randysavage

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help me out here for a second, It seems to me that if i were to be in the market to purchase a bar, I wouldn't be asking strangers on the internet what it was like.

I would like to think i'd pull my finger out and go take a look for myself.

is it a project for the little lady perchance?

i thought people living in the area could help me as im in the uk it would be a bit of a job to just go and take a peek at the bar and pretty expensive i stated that the bar was in khon kaen and as there seems to be a few members who live there i was asking for there opinion ive talked to the bar owner allready but im not going to rely totally on what he tells me, ive got a mate in saraburi who can put down a deposit for me if i decide to take things further im just doing some research

i thought people living in the area could help me as im in the uk it would be a bit of a job to just go and take a peek at the bar and pretty expensive i stated that the bar was in khon kaen and as there seems to be a few members who live there i was asking for there opinion ive talked to the bar owner allready but im not going to rely totally on what he tells me, ive got a mate in saraburi who can put down a deposit for me if i decide to take things further im just doing some research

How much is the bar owner asking for this once in a lifetime opportunity?

After people telling him here if they think its good or not if its positive then im sure he would go there himself and look. I mean buying something unseen, that is utterly stupid i think nobody would do that. Also the price of a ticket compared to the price of a bar should not be too much.

dear nocturn i havent parted with one satang yet but i have learned a lesson this forum is for mickey taking and general naysaying. i was hoping i would get comments like i pass this bar everyday and its allways empty or its allways full, or people might know the owner and say hes having a hard time and needs the cash or say its nothing but trouble the police are allways there. now what would say on here if i did just up sticks and go and look at the bar youd say you shouldve researched it first because if i just upped sticks and went id be 3 to 4 grand £ down

• Like 1

dear nocturn i havent parted with one satang yet but i have learned a lesson this forum is for mickey taking and general naysaying. i was hoping i would get comments like i pass this bar everyday and its allways empty or its allways full, or people might know the owner and say hes having a hard time and needs the cash or say its nothing but trouble the police are allways there. now what would say on here if i did just up sticks and go and look at the bar youd say you shouldve researched it first because if i just upped sticks and went id be 3 to 4 grand £ down

The Police might always be there, but that probably has nothing to do with any bar troubles

Could I interest you in a luxury condo in the East End of Glasgow?

SC

please calm down dears im only asking for help from people who live in khon kean im not asking anyone to invest in anything i was only asking for help frick me you are a suspicious lot on here must be all that good living rotting your brains, the price of the bar is or was 600,000 hardly a kings ransom but its been reduced to 550,000 i checked it to day in the classifieds on another site which led me to ask on this site if anybody had been in the bar or know of the bar,what i really wanted to know is if the guy is struggling for money or if hes got health problems and needs to sell or is it a loss making venture. as i said before its not cost me a satang so far and to be honest the replies ive had have made me laugh

please calm down dears im only asking for help from people who live in khon kean im not asking anyone to invest in anything i was only asking for help frick me you are a suspicious lot on here must be all that good living rotting your brains, the price of the bar is or was 600,000 hardly a kings ransom but its been reduced to 550,000 i checked it to day in the classifieds on another site which led me to ask on this site if anybody had been in the bar or know of the bar,what i really wanted to know is if the guy is struggling for money or if hes got health problems and needs to sell or is it a loss making venture. as i said before its not cost me a satang so far and to be honest the replies ive had have made me laugh

He will give you 550,000 baht to take the bar off his hands? or you have to pay him?

call me a naysayer and i certainly am taking the mickey, to a point, but i really don't understand your rationale.

You seem concerned about 3-4 grand, but are looking to remotely buy a bar that could easily lose you that amount of sight unseen based on the reports of strangers and the seller.

honestly why would any rationale human being want to purchase a bar they have never seen in a country and city they dont live?

one need not be a rocket scientist to that running a bar is difficult enough if you are on site. If you are not there it is a recipe for disaster.

anyways good luck with your venture. you will need it.

Edited by nocturn

nocturn i have been coming to thailand for over 15 years i have a thai wife and 2 children we have a house in korat i have a buisness in england that im looking to sell to my buisness partner as ive had enough the bar would be a hobby for me and would keep the wife busy we live just off the 2 motorway we are about an hour and a half if the traffic is good from khon kaen, i could send my pal from saraburi to have a look but i didnt want to put him out i thought id ask the old wise heads on here

He will give you 550,000 baht to take the bar off his hands? or you have to pay him?

How very witty...........

Give him a break.

He's asking a reasonable question in a reasonable way.

The unnecessary pisstaking, sarcasm and snide remarks are stupid and ugly.

This place should be an exchange of information, not put downs.

Hey thanks, it was very witty , wasn't it?

And as you can see, I am giving him an exchange of information, in my own way.

Perhaps you can do it in your own way too, without putting down other peoples viewpoints and methods?

The OP himself said he had been getting a laugh from the comments, perhaps you could also try.

Id be asking why he wants to sell the bar only 6 months after he opened it. You can see his posting on the forum link here. I asked a friend who lives in KK and she has never heard of the bar. She and her friends do like to drink far too much as well. So that probably tells you something also.

Edited by Lite Beer
Link removed as per forum rules.
  • Like 1

nocturn i have been coming to thailand for over 15 years i have a thai wife and 2 children we have a house in korat i have a buisness in england that im looking to sell to my buisness partner as ive had enough the bar would be a hobby for me and would keep the wife busy we live just off the 2 motorway we are about an hour and a half if the traffic is good from khon kaen, i could send my pal from saraburi to have a look but i didnt want to put him out i thought id ask the old wise heads on here

Khon kaen is 200 Km from Korat,if you can do that in an hour and a half I assume you own a Ferrari in Thailand as well.

If everything else what you say in your post is trye then it surprises me that you can't wait till you are here yourself to take a look at the bar,the price might be reduced also by that time.

In case you missed out on it for that reason,I can tell you with my hand on my heart that there are another 87.435 bars for sale currently and all profitable business where the owner has health problem or just want to get rid of it as has too much money to handle already.

Edited by janverbeem
  • Like 1

SC

Oh,so it's a luxury condo now? What happened, did the council demolish the gasworks that were blighting the view?

Lighten up guys.If your not living in khon kaen then why put this man down.We need some farang entertainment here.I mean a farang owned bar at khon Kaen i think would be great.And maybe some western food also.I mean if it goes belly up,he's out 500000 ,not 5 or 10 million baht.lighten up.

Randysavage.Don't pay any attention to these negative posts.Just study the place,and go from there.

If ya do buy it I will come visit ya,good luck.

Probably the reason why you are receiving so many negative responses to your inquiry is because it is illegal for a farang to own a bar in Thailand and I guess you will be using your Thai wife to front the business or some other Thai the same as most other farang owner shadow partners do.

Many of us would rather not get into that and are not interested.

Lighten up guys.If your not living in khon kaen then why put this man down.We need some farang entertainment here.I mean a farang owned bar at khon Kaen i think would be great.And maybe some western food also.I mean if it goes belly up,he's out 500000 ,not 5 or 10 million baht.lighten up.

Randysavage.Don't pay any attention to these negative posts.Just study the place,and go from there.

If ya do buy it I will come visit ya,good luck.

For your information,the particular farang owned bar is there already in exact that location for the past 6 months

If you're so desperate for that farang entertainment and western food,then why haven't you visited it already.

• Like 1

Many here have seen this movie countless times. I managed two bars in Balibago / Angeles. My advice is to run like hell. Not trying to be a downer here but the details and aspects of owning a bar are many. Have you considered starting your own bar with your own ideas instead of trying to salvage someone elses failed dream? Buying a bar to give the wife something to do CAN open up another large can of worms. Good luck, but I'm with the som tum guy....

• Like 1

SC

Oh,so it's a luxury condo now? What happened, did the council demolish the gasworks that were blighting the view?

Its a luxury condo for anyone that doesn't live in Glasgow and can't go and check...

SC

• Like 1

street cowboy you have to be from the indian sub continent or from eastern europe to get any type of accomadation in glasgow plus i hear chernobyl property rices have outstripped glasgows

That's a cruel jibe. In fact, the other residents are all natives, so you won't have any farang quota problems

SC