Pros And Cons Of Different Building Blocks

rufanuf

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a resonance phenomena and they occur with all types of vibrations or waves; there is mechanical resonance, acoustic resonance, electromagnetic resonance, nuclear magnetic resonance, electron spin resonance and resonance of quantum wave functions.

you don't say! ohmy.png

No, Wikipedia say.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For me it was a price issue, the aerated blocks are now about 27 baht upwards and thats for the thinnest ones at 7.5cm, you could of course do with no cavity and lay them on their side to get a nice thick wall with good insulation properties.

I opted on a recent small build for double cinder block walls with air gap sealed. A metre overhang keeps the sun off until about 3pm, so we get about 3 hours sun on the lower part of the walls. It does not get hotter than ambient inside and once painted white outside this will also help considerably, in fact if you have a single block wall white will help with heat transfer considerably so dont paint your new aac block walls any dark colours

Supablock is much more effective at stopping heat no question but the price comparison makes it a non issue, labour costs here are so small a double wall does not costs very little.

House construction is 80% materials 20% labour.

My double cinder block wall with wall ties 4.3 baht per block ties 1 baht each built in the last 1 month...............before you ask this is a door opening and concrete will be poured down where the vertical block are acting as the rear form for this door frame.

So for my situation price performance the cinder blocks win. The house is for a maid.

post-113733-0-94463000-1341225657_thumb.

post-113733-0-58996500-1341225774_thumb.

hello everybody.

i'm from croatia and i'd like to join in the conversation, because i have a concrete block production here and now are in talks for expanding to thailand.

Is there anyone who could give me some information what kind of concrete block is commonly used in thailand, what is the price etc.

here, in croatia, we make this dimension: 12X20X40 cm, 15X20X40, 20X20X40, 25X20X40.

if anybody knows something, please, write. hope i will soon came to thailand

hello everybody.

i'm from croatia and i'd like to join in the conversation, because i have a concrete block production here and now are in talks for expanding to thailand.

Is there anyone who could give me some information what kind of concrete block is commonly used in thailand, what is the price etc.

here, in croatia, we make this dimension: 12X20X40 cm, 15X20X40, 20X20X40, 25X20X40.

if anybody knows something, please, write. hope i will soon came to thailand

I think you would be better off asking this on the " Business Services & information " forum.

Last time I bought a concrete block 10x20x40 was 4 baht. :)

Recenty saw a house built using the 2 block method the owner is from the uk and insisted he wanted to have cavity very bad idea why because now his house is invested with termite in the cavity he reckons within 6 years he will have no house left already his kitchen cupboards are non existant. In the UK q block is only used in the interier of the house to replace the breeze block london brick is still the prefered option for outside also q block was nor designed to take cement you are meant to use a special glue advantage breeze block should not be built higher than 5 courses per day to allow the cement to dry q block can be built as high as yoiu want as the glue is very fast drying and believ me if done correctly you need a sledge hammer to knock it down also q block absorbs water !!!

Recenty saw a house built using the 2 block method the owner is from the uk and insisted he wanted to have cavity very bad idea why because now his house is invested with termite in the cavity he reckons within 6 years he will have no house left already his kitchen cupboards are non existant. In the UK q block is only used in the interier of the house to replace the breeze block london brick is still the prefered option for outside also q block was nor designed to take cement you are meant to use a special glue advantage breeze block should not be built higher than 5 courses per day to allow the cement to dry q block can be built as high as yoiu want as the glue is very fast drying and believ me if done correctly you need a sledge hammer to knock it down also q block absorbs water !!!

In that case he should also have a flat concrete roof not steel and tiles as the roof space is ALSO one big cavity.

Well that's a strange story, all I can say is he did not do it properly then. :)

• 3 months later...

i saw a few building sites where they use the solide brick and not

the brezze brick. even this brick seems to have (imo) more cons!

does someone have first-hand experience with this bricks?

do you know some more pros and cons? can you please add, thanks.

breeze brick, picture 01

- 6.5 x 19 x 40 cm / 5 baht per piece / 12 piece per m2 (60 baht per m2)

- lighter

- lower radiation

- faster = less labour cost

- someone told me needs more plaster (??)

- eg, problem to fix kitchen cabinet (??)

solid brick, picture 02

- 6.5 x 13 x 40 cm / 5 baht per piece / 19 piece per m2 (95 baht per m2)

- heavier

- needs more mortar

- higher radiation

- eg, to fix kitchen cabinet no problem

thanks for your answers

motdaeng

01.pdf

02.pdf