BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
pumpum

Urgent - Need Vet That Will Agree To Provide Euthanasia

Hello,

I am searching for a way to euthanize my landlady's 15 yo medium size mixed breed dog (with her permission - she is not in Bangkok due to work abroad).

He is very old and feeble and has trouble moving. Doing it in the house is strongly preferred to reduce suffering and anxiety caused by moving him.

It is mandatory that this be done as soon as possible. Any vets in Bangkok that will agree to it? Or am I practicing wishful thinking? Her regular vet has repeatedly said no, and says he is "fine" (haha).

Sugestions are urgently needed.

Sukhumvit area. Last resort he can be taken somwhere - is there anywhere nearby that will do this?

Try:

Ari Pet Hospital

Address:

42 Soi Aree 5 Pahonyothin Road Bangkok, Thailand

Phone:

66 2 271-3182

We had to have one of our cats euthanized there.

Good luck finding a vet that will do it..Had to watch my cat suffer and die because the vet said he was buddist and cannot do it..Brain washed or what..

i couldnt watch my dog suffer i dont now what i would do,i think money is god in los so be it.with all my experiance with greyhounds in the uk.having one put to sleep by a vet was always the best thing to do.maybe there's a clue there? what would an overdose of sleeping tabs do,surely the suffering would be over.dont let the dog suffer anymore there's got to be someone out there who would do it.keep us posted, a dog lover.

According to various media reports there are some vets in Bangkok happy to sell Nembutal (pentobarbital sodium) to Australia tourists coming to Thailand seeking "vet supplies". Nembutal is not regulated in Thailand according to these reports. People who can't get Nembutal often use helium gas delivered through a hood. Previously I've used chloroform to euthanize birds.

I'm currently searching for Nembutal for a friend in need. If I find a supplier I'll PM you.

Good luck

Not to suggest anything, but a canister of nitrogen, or second choice, helium would be a crude but effective and peaceful way to go for the old chap. Google it.

• Like 1

What kind of Buddhist promotes the torture of animals? Sick.

The non vegetarians one who eat factory framed meat.

• Like 2

buddhists dont believe in euthenasia because it is killing (and not killing for food, which, btw, many thais wont do either. they will eat aniamls butnot slaughter animals). several topics here about same subject over the years, and same argument with hubby , when it came time to help our boxers (rip).

however, i advise not to try to do it along because improper dosages just prolong the suffering. however, valiam or similar can be given to relax the dog. if the dog has a heart problem, then this might also do the anesthesia trick. often old dogs that are blind and deaf (not dumb, i.e. mute) often cry constantly as that is their way of expressig distress and confusion (dogs whine when stressed or upset, not just when hurt). also,neurological problems also show as constant whining or barking in to the empty air.

an old primitive way is giving the dog valium, and then when he is relaxed inject a syringe of saline in to the heart (the way vets used to do that here, in the '80s). however, from personal experience with injecting meds in to heart, u have to be very familiar with the animals anatomy, and strong hearted and steady hand . im still traumitized from euthenizing a kid goat that way, a few years a go, and i missed the heart and got the lung. the affect was the same, the time it took was a bit longer and less pleasant. (it was already almost dead from hypothermia, for all the would be repliers).

in mean time, keep the dog comfortable, help him drink , keep him clean... nature may takes its course faster then u think.

bina

He is crying because he has, what we believe to be, cancerous lesions all over his body.

As far as I have read, Buddhism does NOT permit for eating meat, if the animal is killed expressly for that purpose. I am about 110% sure that the majority of animals that are eaten as food in Thailand are killed expressly for food. My question then, would be, why make an exception to the religious rules for killing and eating animals, but have it be expressly forbidden to do so in order to relieve extreme suffering for one?