Walen School - Chiang Rai

MacWalen

Dear Chiang Rai residents. We are happy to inform you that Walen is working on opening a Walen School in Chiang Rai. We do not have a location there yet but one of our staff is already there and started working on it. Her name is Ann. If you studied at our Chiang Mai school you might remember her.

It may take us a few months as opening a new school is never easy and there is a mountain of paperwork to go through as well but it will be done. Our decision is a result of an incredible success of our Chiang Mai school.

Walen School - knowledge is power - share it!

post-46756-0-87083700-1327986917_thumb.j

post-46756-0-17758600-1327987198_thumb.j

Edited by MacWalen

Dear stoneyboy, do you know what you are talking about? Also this is Walen not wale. You do not seem to be very friendly.

I am friendly,just a little confused,thought this was a hip hop,come rap school.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Wale_(rapper) Sorry I was only teasing,sure the mods can sort it.

Edited by stoneyboy

I'm afraid not yet but we will teach Chinese in Shenzhen, we are opening our Walen school in China February or March. This is the plan. We have been working on the paperwork for a while now. If there was enough demand we might teach Chinese also but finding competent teachers is not easy.

I ask because I dont know the cost of lessons.

I agree with your arithmetic, but I put in the average of 6 students- then its near 1000Baht per hour.

If you take lessons privately its about 750Bahts per hour.

As I say I dont know the value of language lessons.

I agree with your arithmetic, but I put in the average of 6 students- then its near 1000Baht per hour.

Prataap Jai is less than half that and very good rates for groups too.

Stiff competition here in Chiang Rai but getting a handy visa might be useful for some.

Big bucks though.

Yes, I see the typo, it is Walen not Wale, sorry for that. Did not notice.

I think I get it - Moby Dick?

Anyway, if you teach Chinese are you going to stick to your philosophy? No pinyin? All students must learn 3000 characters before they can say 你好:)

Thats what they say on the homepage.

http://www.thaiwalen...tudent_visa.php.

I am asking SPECIFICALLY about Chiang Rai, I have seen their website and it doesn't yet mention Chiang Rai

Stiff competition here in Chiang Rai but getting a handy visa might be useful for some.

Big bucks though.

Yes, I can defintely see the attraction there.

Hmmmmm does this mean it will be possible to get an educational visa for studying Thai in Chiang Rai?

Yes Paul, all students who need an ED visa will be able to obtain one when learning at the Walen School in Chiang Rai. Also should they like to move to another location where we have a school they will be able to transfer and still use their remaining lessons. This happens quite a lot as many of our students learn with us for a few years and in this time some move from one place to another.

Edited by MacWalen

Why is it so expensive ?

Hi lapoon, 24,960 Baht for 180 lessons is 138.6 baht per lesson and that is not expensive. I agree it is not the cheapest and Walen was never the cheapest school and does not intend to be the cheapest. This price is tested and it works for most students. If someone is on a very tight budget then they can try other cheaper schools but you get what you pay for, please remember that. If you choose our school you will pay a little more but you will make good progress in your Thai and our ED visa support is certainly the best in the country so no problems with your visa as well.

Walen School - not the cheapest but the best value.

Edited by MacWalen

Lapoon!

Do you think so?

Try to figure it out-60 ours=10.000 baht

It is around 167 baht pr. our-lol.

Yes, that is very expensive for Chiang Rai, compared with AUA, ECC and other good schools.

Dindong, I am sure they are good schools but there is certainly room for one more good school in Chiang Rai. If we were afraid that we will not be able to get any students we would not work on opening a school in Chiang Rai but that is not the case. If anything I believe we will be the busiest Thai school in the city, it will take some time but we are really good at what we do and students appreciate it.

Edited by MacWalen

Big bucks though.

Competition is good for customers, right? We are not afraid. If other schools will like to compete they will have to either raise the teaching standards or lower prices, in any case good for those who want to learn Thai. What we do works. We tested it and this is what we will also do it Chiang Rai.

Edited by MacWalen

Yes, I see the typo, it is Walen not Wale, sorry for that. Did not notice.

I think I get it - Moby Dick?

Anyway, if you teach Chinese are you going to stick to your philosophy? No pinyin? All students must learn 3000 characters before they can say 你好smile.png

Yes, we will certainly teach to read in Chinese but we may use little pinyin as there is no alphabet in Chinese. We will run classes in Bangkok and in Shenzhen first to test how it works and what is the best way of doing it. I will test if on myself also, I am learning Chinese now as we are opening a school in China in the next 2-3 months. I speak 4 languages so I can relate to all those who learn a new language.

Not everyone agrees with their method

http://www.thaivisa....i-goodnot-good/

maybe the exception, were the two members who just happened to join thaivisa the very same day. whistling.gif

also trumping your chest and knocking the competition is not a great way to do business.

Prataap Jai is one of many very good places to learn Thai in Chiang Rai and though their rates are considerably lower than yours, you will find that their quality of teaching is superior to the Callan method that Walen uses.

Good luck with your business in Chiang Rai

Edited by dindong

Not everyone agrees with their method

http://www.thaivisa....i-goodnot-good/

maybe the exception, were the two members who just happened to join thaivisa the very same day. whistling.gif

also trumping your chest and knocking the competition is not a great way to do business.

Prataap Jai is one of many very good places to learn Thai in Chiang Rai and though their rates are considerably lower than yours, you will find that their quality of teaching is superior to the Callan method that Walen uses.

Good luck with your business in Chiang Rai

Dindong, we had many conversations of this kind over the years. Judge by results. Regarding the competition, of course I believe that our system works better. Otherwise we would not teach the way we do. Teaching transliterated Thai is fundamentally wrong. As for suggesting that the comments of other posters were not genuine, it is up to you to decide but being the largest Thai language school in the world we must be doing at least something right. So as long as we have enough happy students that is really all that matters. I am a businessman and I know that market verifies the products. If the product/service is not good it cannot be around for a long time and I have been running my school for 10.5 years and growing and growing and growing. So can you argue with that?

Also you refer to a very old post. We are making progress all the time and improving things that need improving. We will as with other Walen schools offer free demonstration lessons so you can come and see for yourself.

Get to know us and you might like us.

Edited by MacWalen

Hmmmmm does this mean it will be possible to get an educational visa for studying Thai in Chiang Rai?

Yes Paul, all students who need an ED visa will be able to obtain one when learning at the Walen School in Chiang Rai. Also should they like to move to another location where we have a school they will be able to transfer and still use their remaining lessons. This happens quite a lot as many of our students learn with us for a few years and in this time some move from one place to another.

Are ED visas not available to those studying in other programs?

I'm afraid not yet but we will teach Chinese in Shenzhen, we are opening our Walen school in China February or March. This is the plan. We have been working on the paperwork for a while now. If there was enough demand we might teach Chinese also but finding competent teachers is not easy.

Doi Mae Salong comes to mind ..

ED visa assistance will also be available for those learning English as well. For the time being we will not be teaching other languages.

ED visa assistance will also be available for those learning English as well. For the time being we will not be teaching other languages.

I was referring to programs in OTHER SCHOOLS.

Dindong.

That is not correct what you say about prices at the other school-I just got this from them on mail:

Private lessons are taught in 6 week-chunks -once weekly- for 300 Baht an hour (1800 Baht for 6 hours)

Group lessons are taught in 6 week chunks - twice weekly - for 150 Baht an hour (1800 Baht for 12 hours)

I teach out of Prataap Jai (in Sankhongnoi, Chiangrai city).

So yes, they are cheaper,but not much.

Edited by brianmarinus

Judge by results.

Ok - based on testing, Walen is a poor school.

Teaching transliterated Thai is fundamentally wrong.

Again, based on test results, this is false. Your students are consistently out-performed.

So as long as we have enough happy students that is really all that matters.

I realize that you are mainly in the business of supplying visas. But if you do have any serious students, you'll need to keep them away from students from other schools to keep them happy.

My guess is that they probably are but that the process would be (a lot) more complicated than letting Walen do all the paperwork for you.

Why would you say that?

Walen School - judge them by their test results.

leosmith, thank you for your opinion. If we are so bad how come we are the largest and most successful Thai school? Don't tell me it is only because we are good at marketing and the teachers are pretty. Right now I am in the Philippines in Angeles City and our school here is also constantly growing here. Again just marketing? I really have to question your understanding of the business as you must be saying that the mister market is wrong and you are right and that is simply not possible, market is always right. So if we sell successfully what we offer for more than 10 year who are you to question that? That means it at least good for most of the potential students.

Anyway leosmith, good try. I am afraid however your discouraging techniques will not work, no offense. We are really good at what we do. When my staff will read your not so nice comments I am sure they will get even more determined to get better at what we do.

For those who are new to this forum, for years we had attempts by competitors and supporters of other schools to discredit Walen with little or not success so even what leosmith is doing now can only result in more students wanting to try our system of teaching, after all we offer demo lesson for free so nothing to lose.

Walen School - try for yourself