Bad Dry Cough , Tried Everything, 19 Baht Fixed It

balo

I tried to get some as pictured above but am told that the company is having supply issues (maybe floods?).

In any case the red tiger brand seems to have the same exact ingredients and is also 19thb at 7/11

attachicon.gif brown mixture.jpg

I just bought a bottle of this today, I think - slightly different - says

ยาธาตุน้ำขาวตราเสือดาว on the front." for curing 'tong eud and tong feu'" Doesn't say anything about a cough.

I tried to get some as pictured above but am told that the company is having supply issues (maybe floods?).

In any case the red tiger brand seems to have the same exact ingredients and is also 19thb at 7/11

attachicon.gif brown mixture.jpg

I just bought a bottle of this today, I think - slightly different - says

ยาธาตุน้ำขาวตราเสือดาว on the front." for curing 'tong eud and tong feu'" Doesn't say anything about a cough.

• 6 years later...

Pharmacist tells me that codeine is strictly prescription, but sells "brown mixture". This med obviously contains  codeine, unless I am reading the ingredients incorrectly (IE: "camphorated opium") .  What's the scoop on this?

• 1 year later...

Be careful with this, Antimony potassium tartrate is very toxic in large amounts,
and will make you throw up even in moderate amounts (in fact it is also called "emetic tartar" and is used for inducing vomiting), While it's claimed to be an expectorant, I suspect it may also be in there to make it unpleasant for addicts to get too much of the tincture of opium.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, najomtiensun said:

Is this still available looks very much like Collis Brown's mixture that was used by my parents when i was a nipper.edit   Indeed it is at last a cough mixture that actually works ! Leopard-Brand-Brown-Mixture-500x554.jpg

image.jpeg.d799d41dbd8e03c9807b07533c2a473e.jpeg

Did you get that in 7/11 ? My Mrs has a dry cough for a couple of days so I just showed her one of the earlier posts from 2012 & told her to have a look in 7/11.

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Did you get that in 7/11 ? My Mrs has a dry cough for a couple of days so I just showed her one of the earlier posts from 2012 & told her to have a look in 7/11.

Sorry no I haven't bought it yet ! Will surely do as these cough mixtures actually work - it appears to be currently available though from a brief googling. 

On 2/5/2012 at 2:10 PM, anterian said:

Codeine, a morphine (opium) analogue will suppress a cough without addiction risk. Personally, with a dry cough I prefer to use an expectorant like ammonium chloride. A very good Thai herbal preparation is MA-VAENG cough syrup based on the berries of solanum trilobatum.

Codeine is addictive and is illegal in Thailand anyway.

2 hours ago, najomtiensun said:

Is this still available looks very much like Collis Brown's mixture that was used by my parents when i was a nipper.edit   Indeed it is at last a cough mixture that actually works ! Leopard-Brand-Brown-Mixture-500x554.jpg

image.jpeg.d799d41dbd8e03c9807b07533c2a473e.jpeg

I have some on standby in case I have something coming on, funny enough the last year or so since covid I haven't needed it, less things about, about 20 baht in 7 Eleven. The small bottle has different ingredients to the double size bottle, the opium thing appears to be missing 

• Like 1

I find Brown Mixture to be very effective, a small sip occasionally at night is enough to keep my throat lubricated and cough-free. Very inexpensive as well.

Anyone know its alcohol content? Seems to me there is some.

11 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It's a long while ago now Balo, but did you find the cause of the cough?

To be honest with you I can't remember,  I think I had a bad flu back in 2012 and was coughing for several  weeks after.  Feeling great now. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Still available at 7-11 in Feb 2024.   60ml bottle, 21 baht.  My wet cough turned dry a few days back and super annoying.  So many thanks for this post.  I picked up a bottle and will give it a try.   2 teaspoons, 3 times a day....and guessing it will knock it out pretty quick based on the comments above.   I know opium is addictive stuff, but whew......tough for me to get past that taste.  I'll be taking as little as possible.

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Already posted, scroll back a few posts, full photo bottle and box. 

You're replying to an 11 year old post from a BM who was last seen in 2014 🤦

• Haha 1

I'm in Thailand for a few weeks, got a cough with thick phlegm, went to the neighbourhood 7-eleven but they were out of stock of Leopard Brand Brown Mixture.

Went to a nearby Pharmacy and they had Brown Mixture Leopard Brand, contains no codeine or other opioid. Bought a small bottle ad will see if it helps me.

image.png.727b89ef6978fd8cce01fa667fbc2750.png

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 1:25 AM, madisongy said:

Still available at 7-11 in Feb 2024.   60ml bottle, 21 baht.  My wet cough turned dry a few days back and super annoying.  So many thanks for this post.  I picked up a bottle and will give it a try.   2 teaspoons, 3 times a day....and guessing it will knock it out pretty quick based on the comments above.   I know opium is addictive stuff, but whew......tough for me to get past that taste.  I'll be taking as little as possible.

The Brown Mixture Leopard Brand is best at the onset of phlegmy chesty coughs as it helps to break it up, not sure it's effective for dry tickly coughs, but let is know if it helped

On 2/5/2012 at 2:10 PM, anterian said:

Codeine, a morphine (opium) analogue will suppress a cough without addiction risk. Personally, with a dry cough I prefer to use an expectorant like ammonium chloride. A very good Thai herbal preparation is MA-VAENG cough syrup based on the berries of solanum trilobatum.

your on the drugs,  what next ..?