Bad Dry Cough , Tried Everything, 19 Baht Fixed It

balo

Sold in Thailand to suppress a cough and break up phlegm I use 'Takabb' anti-cough pills. Cost 19 Baht per package. They really work. 19 Baht per pack and sold just about everywhere. Organic and no side effects.

image.jpeg.5f686a9fa70f8b74eb879cba4044152f.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Sold in Thailand to suppress a cough and break up phlegm I use 'Takabb' anti-cough pills. Cost 19 Baht per package. They really work. 19 Baht per pack and sold just about everywhere. Organic and no side effects.

image.jpeg.5f686a9fa70f8b74eb879cba4044152f.jpeg

Tried it once, did nothing, never bothered again, Leopard Brand works well

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Tried it once, did nothing, never bothered again, Leopard Brand works well

It's not instantaneous and needs to be taken over a few days. I was skeptic but am now a believer. Best selling cough medicine in Malaysia. 

On 2/2/2012 at 7:52 PM, Jayman said:

maybe you could post a picture of the box or the label on the bottle.

Brown Mixture by LEOPARD Medical. No picture needed.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 4:28 PM, Puccini said:

I'm in Thailand for a few weeks, got a cough with thick phlegm, went to the neighbourhood 7-eleven but they were out of stock of Leopard Brand Brown Mixture.

Went to a nearby Pharmacy and they had Brown Mixture Leopard Brand, contains no codeine or other opioid. Bought a small bottle ad will see if it helps me.

image.png.727b89ef6978fd8cce01fa667fbc2750.png

That's the same as the bottle I bought at a local pharmacy last week. No opioid in the ingredients any more.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

35 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I was talking about the bottle I bought - it was Leopard brand brown mixture and it had exactly the same ingredients as in the photo posted by @Puccini - which does not include any type of opioid.

IMG_20240223_144135.jpg

Like i say, still included in the smaller bottle, bought a few days ago

IMG_20240223_151828~3.jpg

IMG_20240223_151828.jpg

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thanks, bought some today .....

IMG_20240224_182241.jpg

I bought some a couple days ago. Haven't had a cold in years but I caught a mild one last week. Coughing, yes.

So I found this is indeed good stuff.

On 2/23/2024 at 12:14 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's the same as the bottle I bought at a local pharmacy last week. No opioid in the ingredients any more.

What a bummer, it was the only reason why the potheads here consider it effective

• Confused 1

On 2/14/2024 at 7:27 PM, KannikaP said:

Brown Mixture by LEOPARD Medical. No picture needed.

But it helps if you are in a pharmacy where no English is spoken.

Amend that to a pharmacy where they are not 100% fluent.

Edited by saintdomingo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I live in Jomtien and have been unable to find this cough mixture (the one with the opium in it). I've looked in 4 or 5 7-elevens on Jomtien second road, near Rompho, but to no avail --- any ideas?

TIA. 

22 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

I live in Jomtien and have been unable to find this cough mixture (the one with the opium in it). I've looked in 4 or 5 7-elevens on Jomtien second road, near Rompho, but to no avail --- any ideas?

TIA. 

It's in every 7 Eleven I've been to, have you shown staff a photo? it's usually at the front by the tills

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's in every 7 Eleven I've been to, have you shown staff a photo? it's usually at the front by the tills

No it isn,t some have some have not...I,ve been more successful in the Tops Daily stores :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

Just as a slight aside to this topic, I would like to make readers aware of the following:

I have just paid THB1,200 at Pattaya International Hospital pharmacy for a prescribed 2 bottles of Rhinocort nasal spray (8.43ml per bottle). Afterwards, I had to visit Boots, the chemist and, out of curiosity I asked if they sold Rhinocort. The supervisor said that they were currently out of stock but yes, they do sell the product.

How much? THB450, meaning that I could have saved THB300 on the 2 bottles!

Back in the UK., If this anomaly occurred (paid prescription cost higher than over-the-counter pharmacy cost), either the GP, or sometimes the pharmacist would mention it, offering the alternative to buy it over-the-counter.

I'll be asking pertinent questions before accepting a hospital supplied drug in the future.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

Just as a slight aside to this topic, I would like to make readers aware of the following:

I have just paid THB1,200 at Pattaya International Hospital pharmacy for a prescribed 2 bottles of Rhinocort nasal spray (8.43ml per bottle). Afterwards, I had to visit Boots, the chemist and, out of curiosity I asked if they sold Rhinocort. The supervisor said that they were currently out of stock but yes, they do sell the product.

How much? THB450, meaning that I could have saved THB300 on the 2 bottles!

Back in the UK., If this anomaly occurred (paid prescription cost higher than over-the-counter pharmacy cost), either the GP, or sometimes the pharmacist would mention it, offering the alternative to buy it over-the-counter.

I'll be asking pertinent questions before accepting a hospital supplied drug in the future.

It's kinda well known that private hospitals over charge for meds, most will buy elsewhere

On 3/2/2024 at 8:50 AM, 5davidhen1 said:

Drugs from a private hospital pharmacy always cost much more than at pharmacies, this is very well known and can be assumed.

The only thing you need to ask is of the doctor: name, dose of medication . Then decline meds at the cashier.

Exception only for controlled drugs (narcotics, tranquillizers, steroids etc).

On 3/1/2024 at 12:42 PM, Felton Jarvis said:

You have made one of the great discoveries of Thai pharmacies. I'm sure the "brown mixture" is probably poison but it sure does work.  There must be codeine involved.

tincture of opium (trace amounts but that is all one needs to suppress cough)

Important to note that it is a cough suppressant which is fine for dry coughs but not so advisable for productive coughs as it is important to bring up the phlegm.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

tincture of opium (trace amounts but that is all one needs to suppress cough)

Important to note that it is a cough suppressant which is fine for dry coughs but not so advisable for productive coughs as it is important to bring up the phlegm.

True.  My dry cough is due to taking Losartan for blood pressure. The cough is not as bad as with Lisinopril, but it does make you cough.