Bigfoot

Dustoff

~

The dog ate my last pair. I have size 12-13 feet (47-49?) and am seeking a store where I am most likely to find the bigger sizes. Even just thongs/flaps would do.

One dog bbq coming up and Golden Retriever slippers are quite comfortable. :o

> The dog ate my last pair.

Ha!! When mine did that, I too told it that if it would EVER do that again, the next pair of shoes would be made out of Golden Retriever-leather.

Not sure if it understood me fully, but the body language must have been obvious; Golden Retrievers look quite silly when they try to hide behind themselves. I swear it was about to turn itself inside out. :o It must be their ONE forte in evolution: it's almost impossible to stay angry with them long enough to kill them. They really do give TV evangelists a run for their money in looking remorseful.

Anyway: I have a similar shoe size and have just given up. I get my parents to buy some shoes (any style) and bring them or mail them.

Cheers,

Chanchao

> With a size 15EE, outside of a chance encounter of some running shoes in a bin at

> Central some 10 years ago, I have to buy shoes online.

Hmm, but if you get them sent by mail, is there a particular size beyond which you will be hit for yacht tax by the Thai Marine Department? :o

Down stairs at Kad Suan Kaew Dept store..The reebok shop (Close to the converse shop) They have shoes in the big discount bin that you could use to steer a very large vessel....f'king huge!!I found a pair of 13's that fit fantastic.There are MUCH bigger shoes in the discount bin.They are also having a 30-50% sale right now. :o

Down stairs at Kad Suan Kaew Dept store..The reebok shop (Close to the converse shop) They have shoes in the big discount bin that you could use to steer a very large vessel....f'king huge!!I found a pair of 13's that fit fantastic.There are MUCH bigger shoes in the discount bin.They are also having a 30-50% sale right now. :o

That sounds like the same bin as I found... :D

I have size 12-13 feet (47-49?) and am seeking a store where I am most likely to find the bigger sizes. Even just thongs/flaps would do.

My feet are the same size. I sometimes find a pair or two of sandal type open shoes in Central. There was also a shop on Thapae, just up from Art's Cafe, doing sizes up to and over 16 (UK). Bought my son a pair of 16s from there back in July. Not sure if they are still there though.

> With a size 15EE, outside of a chance encounter of some running shoes in a bin at

> Central some 10 years ago, I have to buy shoes online.

Hmm, but if you get them sent by mail, is there a particular size beyond which you will be hit for yacht tax by the Thai Marine Department?  :D

And isn't it great that those knee-length shorts are popular now so that we can wear shorts in public? :D

And thanks Ajarn for the zappos site but YIKES! ..The prices! I have been over here too long for sure but interestingly enough, on that site I found the very pair of thongs that my dog ate and that I bought in Denver last year. Some 30 American dollars on this site and I paid $6. Now I understand how they can do free shipping... :D Let's see, 3 pair (1 for me, 2 for the dog) @ $30/ea, $30+/- for DHL, Thai customs/yacht taxes...

I am mostly a thong (the foot kind) kinda guy but found a pair of shoes in the discount bin much like you guys. Kind of a shiny gold lame' color with pink trim but what the hey, they fit. And I have this herd of ladyboys who follow me everywhere (I haven't found out yet whether it is because of the color or the size..) :o

Great responses as usual !!

And thanks Ajarn for the zappos site but YIKES! ..The prices!

I think you'll find that those likely are the best prices...They offer some kind of money-back guarantee if you can find them any cheaper in ANY store in the States...

Edited by Ajarn

You used to be able to get sandals custom made at a good price. Might try the night bazaar.

I had a pair made there a few years back. they wear well, but I think they only had size thirteen soles as they seem to be a tad short. ( I'm a fourteen) I've innumerable comments over the years as to how good they look and where can I buy them

You used to be able to get sandals custom made at a good price. Might try the night bazaar.

I had a pair made there a few years back. they wear well, but I think they only had size thirteen soles as they seem to be a tad short. ( I'm a fourteen) I've innumerable comments over the years as to how good they look and where can I buy them

When I had a pair made many years ago they had me stand on a piece of paper and drew a pencil outline of my foot. Perfect fit when done and seemed to take forever before they wore out, all leather.