Non Immigrant O Visa, Savvanakhet, Laos

Just recently back from Savvanakhet, Laos where I received the Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O Visa.

It took me 5 mins to apply and I picked up at 2pm the next day. Here is exactly what I took:

Download and fill in the visa application form

attach 2 passport photos with your name on the back and signed

photocopy of the front AND back of the original Kor Ror 3 Marriage certificate (there is a number on the back)

photocopy of the Kor Ror 2 Marriage Form (available at your Amphur office for 40B)

photocopy of your passport photo page

photocopy of wifes passport photo page

photocopy of wifes ID card

photocopy of wifes tabien baan (blue book)

cover letter in Thai from my wife kindly requesting visa so I may live with her in Thailand

make sure that you and your wife sign and date all photocopy above

5000 Baht fee

they will ask to inspect the Original Marriage Certificate

they give you a number and you come back next day at 2pm to collect

Sabai sabai. wai.gif

Edited by Online
  • Like 2

I went there too for the same visa.

The day I actually applied;

- i did not bring my wife

- nor a letter from her

- I forgot a copy of her ID: the lady allowed me to have it sent to me by email, printed, then submitted

- No request for her passport

- I did have a copy of my passport, details page, but with old date (that didnt seem to matter)

- I did give the Kor Ror 3 copy, after I copied the back.

- I showed the original marriage certificate

- And I showed the certified copy and english translation of the marriage form, which I got back

- I showed the original marriage form

- I showed the original tabien baan, but she did not care for it

- I only gave one photograph, without my name/signature on the back

I hope it stays that easy there.

• Like 1

I went in mid-January and had to show funds. Fortunately I had a letter from Bangkok Bank that fit the bill. There is a shop right across the street from the consulate that will do photos, copies, and fill out the application for you for a very reasonable fee.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update guys. I will be going myself at the end of the month, did either of you have to show bank funds?.

I took with me my recently updated Bangkok Bank Book but they did not request to see any evidence of bank funds.

@online

I was there just a few weeks ago, don't remembering it looking that nice; the entrance gate was made up of wooden doors, and the walls did not have mesh fence.

I did not need any proof of funds/income, I wasn't asked at all either.

That made my day by the way, then I was told to come back the next day lol

@online

I was there just a few weeks ago, don't remembering it looking that nice; the entrance gate was made up of wooden doors, and the walls did not have mesh fence.

I did not need any proof of funds/income, I wasn't asked at all either.

That made my day by the way, then I was told to come back the next day lol

Hi armin, yes this is the back garden so to speak, next to the Mekong river, the main entrance is around the right hand side with the tall wall and green security gates/guard area.

Can I ask how you are traveling to Savvanakhet from Chiang Mai if anyone??

Thanks

Take a bus to Khon Kaen, from there you change to a bus to Mukdahan.

When you arrive at Mukdahan bus station you have to change to the, so called, International bus which will bring you to the Laotian side.

Does a multiple entry non-immigrant 0 visa that one can get in Sawanakhet mean that one must leave and re-enter Thailand a certain number of times a year? Can one get a one year non-immigrant O visa in Sawanakhet that does not require one to leave Thailand until the visa expires ? I am legally married to a Thai. Thanks very much

To stay in Thailand more than 90 days or without leaving requires an extension of stay from immigration and meeting the conditions for that extension of stay. A multi entry non immigrant visa allows unlimited number of entries and stay of up to 90 days each time for the one year it is valid.

No, 'one' must report/border run (if on a marriage visa - or Extension To Stay Based On Marriage To A Thai National, for the pedants on this forum).

Why you so worried about going through Thai Imm then?

Am not sure what you are saying in the above as there is no marriage visa but a visa entry would require exit return to obtain a new entry; and you do not have to make border runs on an extension of stay but have to renew year year and if not traveling report address every 90 days.

Thanks good post

A few questions to all you experts

photocopy of the Kor Ror 2 Marriage Form (available at your Amphur office for 40B)

Is that the book we signed?

Has anyone obtained Married "O"

If so is an Australian bank statement acceptable as used without question at Kuala Lumpur

Finally looking at the map its a long wayfrom C Rai any air options ?

KR2 is the ledger entry so suspect it is the book you signed; and would sign again if divorced I believe. A copy now seems to be proved upon marriage - it was not a decade or more ago.

There is no such thing as a "married o" but they will issue non immigrant O visa for those with a Thai spouse and thousands have such visas.

Do not believe an Oz statement would be rejected as requirement is stated as below and reports are that many non Thai accounts/evidence of funds has been accepted. But I would use a Thai account if available.

You could fly to Bangkok and from there to KL using budget airlines. Not sure if there is direct connections from Chiang Mai or not.

9. Bank Statement with a minimum deposit of 100,000 Bath

• 1 month later...

Hello,

As i guess it will be interesting for others I am looking for:

- hotel with good WIFI internet at Savanakhet

- morning VIP bus to Mukdahan or schedule of buses leaving from KHON KAEN to MUKDAHAN ? (as it is easy to go to Khonkaen anytime from BKK)

Can you help ? Also do you know if there is a duty free shop at Mukdahan - Savanakhet border ?

Thanks for info.

Hello,

I want to know how to apply for non o visa. I am a Filipino and my husband wants to stay with me long.

what are the other requirements needed in applying visa? I already have my working permit and my marriage contract.

thanks so much..

You are married to a Thai? Your post is not clear on that and if you are already here with a work permit not sure you need a different visa. Have you already extended your stay for work? When you say marriage contract you really mean you are already married and registered at a District Office in Thailand?

Do you have a one year extension of stay? That is the first requirement. If you do he takes a copy of your passport and marriage certificate to obtain the non immigrant O visa and then extends to match your extension per police order 777/2551 section 2.20

He will have to go outside of Thailand - not sure how Laos is as seem to recall Philippine nationals may have visa issue problems there but that is probably only for tourist visa if true. Is marriage Thai? If not suspect will have to be translated/recorded with your Embassy and registered with MFA but a phone call to Consulate may be required to know if that is required for the visa issue itself.

Tel (856 21) 214581 – 2 Fax (856 21) 214580 Telephone (02) 354-6196 - 97 Fax (02) 354-6194