Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

Two Irish Men Went on Rampage, Stab Two People in Pattaya

post-327-0-67084900-1328259986_thumb.jpe

Picture from PattayaDailyNews.com

PATTAYA: -- Two Irish men went on a drunken rampage early this morning, stabbing and injuring a total of 4 people. The claimed they were forced to defend themselves after they were attacked by local motorcycle taxi drivers in Pattaya.

At 4.30AM this morning, the Pattaya Police received a report of a public disturbance involving 2 foreign nationals in front of Boom Boom Beer Bar on Pattaya New Plaza Road in Banglamung, Chon Buri Province.

When police officers arrived at the scene, they found a security guard lying on the floor in front of the bar. The guard, Yongyuth Yaiying, 23 years old, sustained a serious injury from being stabbed once on his upper left thigh. He was immediately rushed to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital for treatment. Another victim, 41 year old motorcycle taxi driver Phromma Traisawan, was also stabbed in his torso and neck. He had already been transported to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital by the time the police arrived at the crime scene.

Witnesses at the bar told the police that the 2 men responsible for the stabbing had already fled the scene on a motorcycle. The bar owner identified one of the suspects as Darren Philip Delaney. According to the bar owner, Delaney, 40 years old, had paid for sexual services of 2 bar girls. However, the girls returned to the bar a short time later claiming they feared for their safety once they arrived at Delaney's house, seeing how intoxicated he and his friend, 40-year old Irish national, Thomas Plunkett were.

According to the bar owner, Delaney who seemed badly intoxicated, followed the girl back to the bar and angrily demanded his money back. The bar owner quickly complied to Delaney's request but that did not calm him down. He attacked 2 bar patrons and a handful of motorcycle taxi drivers who tried to restrain him.

Delaney then fled the scene on a motorcycle. The bar owner immediately shut down the bar and accompanied the two patrons to the hospital and filed a police report against Delaney.

Later that night, Delaney, accompanied by his friend, Thomas Plunkett, came back and began to attack the motorcycle taxi drivers and security guards in front of the bar. Witnesses told the police that Plunkett was responsible for stabbing the 2 victims.

Plunkett and Delaney later fled the scene once again.

The police rushed to the place of residence of the two suspects at a house in the South Pattaya area. The two suspects were reportedly badly intoxicated and attempted to resist arrest. The police, however, were unable to recover the knife that was used to stab both the security guard and the motorcycle taxi driver.

Both Delaney and Plunkett claimed they acted out of self-defence after they were attacked by the security guard and the motorcycle taxi drivers. The two are now being interrogated and detained by the Pattaya Police.

Translated from http://www.pattayadailynews.com

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-03

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Sooner , or later, the taxi dudes will encounter some street fighting farangs when they do not have 10 freinds to back them up. Looks like it just happened. After what happened to the Estonian lads in 2008--one dead, two others injured--I have little sympathy for the little bullies. https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=626

.....I completely agree.....probably they are not such a "gentle" men....but I also feel little sympathy for them.
  • Like 1

we all know that whatever weapons were at hand would definetely be brandished and used by the somchais...foolish though to be fighting with them...to think that the girls who agreed to go back with the irish fella as intoxicated as he supposedly was and then have a change of heart when they got there is what caused this just makes my sig even more appropriate

Most people will disagree with this but I am made up about it. Good for them. They face a world full os <deleted> owing to this but never the less, I am glad that finaly the boot is on the other foot for a change.

Im tired of hearing about ferangs beaten up by a mob of taxi drivers and i agree with an earlier poster that it was a question of time before a mob of thais turned on the wrong dudes. These guys obviously can have a row and refuse to back down and it sounds like they put it back on the original aggressors so, <deleted> it... fair play to them. I wish them both luck.

• Like 1

A MAZ ING ... Thai Visa wins the "you simply must be kidding award" yet again.

Two drunks got in a fight, even after getting a refund... returned to the scene, armed...stabbed a few people....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

P R I C E L E S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. <deleted> is wrong with you people?!

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

I have a simple explaination for that...the link didn't take me to the article and I couldn't see a link to the article on the main page so I just commented on the original post.

Edit : I don't believe for one minute the bar owner just handed over the money without some major problems.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

By way of a digression, I pass on this second-hand tale that you might enjoy it as I did... I have little reason to believe it is entirely true, but no doubt others can vouch for its credibiity. I doubt I'm the only one amongst us to have heard it.

A fellow had gone to Jakarta for a job interview, and after the interview, he'd stopped in a bar for a few beers. The taxi on the way home diverted to a sidestreet for a bit of a mugging, and in the ensuing fracas, the taxi driver was stabbed, the candidate and several others hospitalised. From interviewing the other casualties, the police were able to trace the gang of villains. Following a fatal gunfight, one or more foreign kidnapped hostages were rescued.

So the candidate got back to HK (I think) and recounted this tale...

"So you'll not be taking the job then?"

"Sure and the way I see it, that sort of thing's only going to happen once, so why not?"

SC

I don't think the candidate was Irish, by the way, it just reads better with that accent.

• Like 1

I don't think these guys were nice people. I went the other day to an Irish pub near my home and I saw some young patrons becoming obnoxious and loud.

What if the situation would be reversed?

Suppose two Thai guys get drunk in a pub in Ireland and start to become nasty with the patrons and the girls....

• Like 2

Two drunks got in a fight, even after getting a refund... returned to the scene, armed...stabbed a few people....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

To be sure. the Thai bar shouldn't have let them get so drunk....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

++++++ 1 !!!! ;)

Sooner , or later, the taxi dudes will encounter some street fighting farangs when they do not have 10 freinds to back them up. Looks like it just happened. After what happened to the Estonian lads in 2008--one dead, two others injured--I have little sympathy for the little bullies. https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=626

.....I completely agree.....probably they are not such a "gentle" men....but I also feel little sympathy for them.

I have absolutely no sympathy for them. I mean the local thugs.

• Like 1

Most people will disagree with this but I am made up about it. Good for them. They face a world full os <deleted> owing to this but never the less, I am glad that finaly the boot is on the other foot for a change.

Im tired of hearing about ferangs beaten up by a mob of taxi drivers and i agree with an earlier poster that it was a question of time before a mob of thais turned on the wrong dudes. These guys obviously can have a row and refuse to back down and it sounds like they put it back on the original aggressors so, <deleted> it... fair play to them. I wish them both luck.

they will need it........

Holy Mother of Christmas... i just looked at the photo. That dude can kick an entire platoon's back side. Now I see why his "date" ran back to the bar.

But he looks like such a gentle giant. Not the type of nice young Irish lad to mix it up.

Surely it is the fault of the Thai patrons, their friends and the (quite reasonable) bar owner.

Bad bad Thai people...Good, good Irish people. Why are the Thais always picking on us? BOO HOO.

• Like 1

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

I have a simple explaination for that...the link didn't take me to the article and I couldn't see a link to the article on the main page so I just commented on the original post.

Edit : I don't believe for one minute the bar owner just handed over the money without some major problems.

What are you babbling about? The article is in the OP.