Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

Are you in any way related to the bar owner,say by marriage for example?

Is that important - or even relevant ?

It wasn`t an accusation,just a question.

`Is it relevent?`,only slightly as you would probably get a biased version of events.

I would say that he is very tightly connected with the bar, however he is the only one who tell us what actual connection he has with all the parties. From the information he is providing I would say smedly is the private owner of the bar. Not saying much just keeping people dangling, would make a very good politician.

He is probably one of the farangs the female bar owner took to the hospital.

Edited by z12

I would say that he is very tightly connected with the bar, however he is the only one who tell us what actual connection he has with all the parties. From the information he is providing I would say smedly is the private owner of the bar. Not saying much just keeping people dangling, would make a very good politician.

He is probably one of the farangs the female bar owner took to the hospital.

I thought he was one of the moto-taxis.

yeh and you and your family - wife and kids are going to be there (from your photo) and what this has got to do with the stabbing of of two thai nationals I do not know, I must admit I was keenly watching a news story yesterday of a body found floating in the sea 8 miles off the coast of pattaya, prob some fishing dispute but anything is possible here in LOS

much as I and everyone else hates to see this daily criminal activity going on on the beach and as do all thai friends I know unfortunately money speaks even louder than buddah .... shame really

yeh and you and your family - wife and kids are going to be there (from your photo) and what this has got to do with the stabbing of of two thai nationals I do not know, I must admit I was keenly watching a news story yesterday of a body found floating in the sea 8 miles off the coast of pattaya, prob some fishing dispute but anything is possible here in LOS

much as I and everyone else hates to see this daily criminal activity going on on the beach and as do all thai friends I know unfortunately money speaks even louder than buddah .... shame really

You really are wasting your time here Smedly, so many idiots shouting their mouths off, dont have a clue what they are talking about, been here for five minutes, think they know everything there is to know about the way things work here in Pattaya after a few weeks sitting on a bar stool. I too know exactly what happened regarding this incident, your account of what happened is pretty much 100 accurate. Dont waste your time arguing with these idiots mate, thats my advice for what its worth. Sadly it appears the two morons have managed to pay their way out of it and live to fight another day. Which undoubtably they will, unfortunately. Hopefully one day they will bite off more than they can chew, cant come soon enough.

Stunning birds, cheapish booze, great eating and people wanna fight.

I've been hammered in Pattaya loads of times and never been in any scraps.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Mee too.

Considered the amount of people passing though Pattaya each year is actually very quiet here,

mostly just want a good time which doesn't including fighting, but there will always be a few

morons among them.

Dont normally have much sympathy where MC taxi drivers are concerned but in this instance the 2 'paddies' were rightly collared. I know one guy who was drinking with the heavily muscled 'paddy' ( on the evening of the rampage ) and he said the guy is a danger to anybody in his vicinity. Steroids would appear to be his nectar.

That the girls were afraid of him and his revolting partner in crime shouldnt surprise anyone

He's scouse by the way with a dodgy passport due to his presence being keenly sought in the UK. Ditto for his partner

He is a drunken bullying boor familiar to many who drink in the New Plaza area.

Sadly but not surprisingly both of these animals were allowed back on the streets and seen strutting around less than 48 hours after their rampage. By all accounts they were totally contemptuous of the chances of them doing any time for their barbaric acts .... I wonder why.

• 2 weeks later...

While I dont really care what happens to those 2 men because they are big boys who look like they can take care of themselves, I do have an issue with some of the posts who refer to them as ''drunk paddies'' or ''micks''. This type of language is what I would expect of racist english who are so narrow minded that they should stay in their little world with their little minds back in good old blighty, and not in Thailand.

I refer to those posters as english, because if I had said Brits or British then i would be including the Scotish and Welsh, but they would not have that anti-Irish attitude that is very evident in these posts.

If the people involved were Black or Arab, would the same posters have refered to them as Niggers or Ragheads?? I think not!

I have seen many drunk people from all over the world in Pattaya, and I have seen many people get into trouble there, but to the Thai people we are all Farang! We all come from some where else and they dont really care if its Europe or Australia or the States, we are all the same in Pattaya as long as we have money!

Those 2 guys were in trouble in Thailand and they are Farang, thats it! I am sure the people who were stabbed will be compensated and the whole thing will be forgetten about or the 2 Farang will serve time for their crime.

It is this attitide from some English people about other nationals that give the British a bad name all over the world. In their eyes the French are Frogs, the Italians are Ities, the americans are Yanks etc.....then you wonder why the rest of the world can't stand you, or you are only tolerated and laughed at behind your back!

I hate the anti-English attitude we had in Ireland years ago, but i can understand it now after reading some of the posts on this site....grow up gentlemen and join the 21st century!

Its a small world....but i would'nt like to paint it! ;)

• Like 1

They where from Liverpool travelling on Irish passports which they are entitled too if parents originated in the Irish Republic Plunket had both passports in his posession but I would say this - why travel on the Irish passport or even have it, good way to hide a possible sordid past in Blighty, maybe not the case but who knows, they paid compensation in the regeon of one million baht to all concerned - is it over now ? who knows, plunket has already moved house into hiding I suspect a very good idea, for now this saga is over

Edited by smedly

Posts centering on the ethnic background of the perpetrators have been removed also quoted replies. Further racial name calling and racial slurs will earn that poster a suspension.

Dont normally have much sympathy where MC taxi drivers are concerned but in this instance the 2 'paddies' were rightly collared. I know one guy who was drinking with the heavily muscled 'paddy' ( on the evening of the rampage ) and he said the guy is a danger to anybody in his vicinity. Steroids would appear to be his nectar.

That the girls were afraid of him and his revolting partner in crime shouldnt surprise anyone

He's scouse by the way with a dodgy passport due to his presence being keenly sought in the UK. Ditto for his partner

He is a drunken bullying boor familiar to many who drink in the New Plaza area.

Sadly but not surprisingly both of these animals were allowed back on the streets and seen strutting around less than 48 hours after their rampage. By all accounts they were totally contemptuous of the chances of them doing any time for their barbaric acts .... I wonder why.

Having money must be a distinct advantage in these circumstances.

While I dont really care what happens to those 2 men because they are big boys who look like they can take care of themselves, I do have an issue with some of the posts who refer to them as ''drunk paddies'' or ''micks''. This type of language is what I would expect of racist english who are so narrow minded that they should stay in their little world with their little minds back in good old blighty, and not in Thailand.

I refer to those posters as english, because if I had said Brits or British then i would be including the Scotish and Welsh, but they would not have that anti-Irish attitude that is very evident in these posts.

If the people involved were Black or Arab, would the same posters have refered to them as Niggers or Ragheads?? I think not!

I have seen many drunk people from all over the world in Pattaya, and I have seen many people get into trouble there, but to the Thai people we are all Farang! We all come from some where else and they dont really care if its Europe or Australia or the States, we are all the same in Pattaya as long as we have money!

Those 2 guys were in trouble in Thailand and they are Farang, thats it! I am sure the people who were stabbed will be compensated and the whole thing will be forgetten about or the 2 Farang will serve time for their crime.

It is this attitide from some English people about other nationals that give the British a bad name all over the world. In their eyes the French are Frogs, the Italians are Ities, the americans are Yanks etc.....then you wonder why the rest of the world can't stand you, or you are only tolerated and laughed at behind your back!

I hate the anti-English attitude we had in Ireland years ago, but i can understand it now after reading some of the posts on this site....grow up gentlemen and join the 21st century!

Its a small world....but i would'nt like to paint it! wink.png

Agree with the sentiment, but not necessarily the accusation that it is/has been specifically English people using these terms - let's face it 'mick' seems to be used a lot more in America and 'Paddy' in England. I wouldn't say that Scottish or Welsh are never going to stoop to such derisions either. Your one post highlights your experience on this forum - look at other posts and see that it's not just the English making such comments - Australians are prone to it (though most often not in a accusatory intent, more of a playful one - same is often true of all such "names" used here too). IMHO it is not the term, but the intent behind the term and the context it is used in. here it is incorrect as it can only be used as a slur (an insult); other places we see 'Soap Dodgers'/''limeys'/'poms' and so on aimed at English and most usually taken in jest as intended - we also see 'Yanks'/'Septics' and various other things too. It is best not to get carried away with political correctness, because it is boarish and the world isn't by and large PC. Who really wants some Orwellian ideal of humourless greyness in society?

//Edit: Typos

Edited by wolf5370

Sorry reminded me of this

Everyone seems to be in such a hurry to scream 'racism' these days.

A customer asked, "In what aisle could I find the Irish sausage?"

The clerk asks, "Are you Irish?"

The guy, clearly offended, says, "Yes I am.. But let me ask you something.

"If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian?

Or if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?

Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish?

Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican?

Or if I asked for Polish sausage, would you ask if I was Polish?"

The clerk says, "No, I probably wouldn't."

The guy says, "Well then, because I asked for Irish sausage, why did you ask me if I'm Irish?"

The clerk replied, "Because you're in Halfords."