Dredging A Body Across From Johns Place

happysanook

re ,, dead body floated to the top of the water

im not being funny but it didnt !

the only thing visible of the man was the top of his right forehead , some hair one eye and half a nose

the rest of him couldnt be seen just like the other three people that ive seen reecoverd from the moat which i dont understand coz i always thought the whole body would float on the surface

obviously im wrong .. and you are right the recoverd him at 18 46 as stiff as a board : (

pic 1 .17 02 . the thai man had seen the body called the police and was waiting for them

pic 2 , 17 10 , the first policeman arrived

pic 3 , 17 12 . more police arrived

pic 4 . 17 36 , a crowd had gatherd

pic 5 , 17 56 . the ambulance arrives

pic 6 , 18 56 . the mans recoverd

rip mister ,, dave2

ps ,,, ive edited out the mans head in these pictures

post-42592-0-30852300-1328278010_thumb.j

post-42592-0-84003300-1328278056_thumb.j

post-42592-0-61497300-1328278097_thumb.j

post-42592-0-93071500-1328278206_thumb.j

post-42592-0-42386700-1328278257_thumb.j

post-42592-0-45697000-1328278287_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

yup... the head was really the only thing above water... I think my vocab is a bit off re 'dredging' too..

timing looks typical thai with it being bright out in the first photos, then pitch dark by the time they got someone in the water to pull him out... but guess under two hours isn't TOO bad.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

best picture i could get with my point and shoot.... some people were saying he was farang, but i don't thinks so.

the face LOOKS decomposed somewhat, or damaged at least... wonder how long he was in there before floating up or being noticed if he had never sunk in the first place.

img66092.jpg

RE .. I worked on one of Happysanook's photos so you can see it a little better

i already have better pics of the dead man but i dont think its right (and i wont ) post pics of a dead man anywhere on he internet (

dave2

• Like 1

but guess under two hours isn't TOO bad.

It's disgraceful!!

Guess the man was already dead. No point in rushing things. RIP.

I agree, not like you can preserve a crime seen when you find a floating body... I know it would require a few coin tosses to select the guy that goes in for the recovery

Yes saw this myself tonight. A lot of Thai people saying he was farang because he was "dor yai (big)" but surely the water would bloat him and make him bigger? Just a thought, I am no expert.

He doesn't look farang in the pic above..And yes the body would be quite bloated.

Edited by WarpSpeed

here is the story from Facebook

here is translation from Bling apologises if not correct

Who died in the Canal navigation tapae gate in Chiang Mai, row up from the water and 18.40 hrs. Find a wallet and identification cards to be known as Mr. Chai has 40 years of age, charity. Domicile is Ubon Ratchathani died than 6 hours the dead send forensic investigation to the cause.

--More google searches cm108 name information in the find people by name, but the age is not checking.

จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ CM108.com

ผู้เสียชีวิตในคูเมืิองเชียงใหม่ แถวประตูท่าแพ นำขึ้นจากน้ำแล้ว 18.40น. ค้นพบกระเป๋าเงินและบัตรประจำตัวทราบชื่อว่า นายเชิดชัย มีกุศล อายุ 40ปี ภูมิลำเนาอยู่อุบลราชธานี เสียชีวิตมามากกว่า 6 ชั่วโมง ศพส่งนิติเวช สาเหตุอยู่ระหว่างการสอบสวน

--- เพิ่มเติม cm108 ค้นข้อมูลชื่อใน google ปรากฏว่าพบบุคคลตามชื่อข้างต้น แต่อายุไม่ใช่ กำลังตรวจสอบอยู่

www.cm108.com รายงาน

— with April Snowgirl and Tak Tan.

Who died in the Canal navigation tapae gate in Chiang Mai, row up from the water and 18.40 hrs. Find a wallet and identification cards to be known as Mr. Chai has 40 years of age, charity. Domicile is Ubon Ratchathani died than 6 hours the dead send forensic investigation to the cause.

--More google searches cm108 name information in the find people by name, but the age is not checking.

ผู้เสียชีวิตในคูเมืิองเชียงใหม่ แถวประตูท่าแพ นำขึ้นจากน้ำแล้ว 18.40น. ค้นพบกระเป๋าเงินและบัตรประจำตัวทราบชื่อว่า นายเชิดชัย มีกุศล อายุ 40ปี ภูมิลำเนาอยู่อุบลราชธานี เสียชีวิตมามากกว่า 6 ชั่วโมง ศพส่งนิติเวช สาเหตุอยู่ระหว่างการสอบสวน

--- เพิ่มเติม cm108 ค้นข้อมูลชื่อใน google ปรากฏว่าพบบุคคลตามชื่อข้างต้น แต่อายุไม่ใช่ กำลังตรวจสอบอยู่

www.cm108.com รายงาน

Drove by there around then - hundreds of people were by the side of the moat rubbernecking. Pitiful.

Edited by OriginalPoster

www.cm108.com รายงาน

Drove by there around then - hundreds of people were by the side of the moat rubbernecking. Pitiful.

Hmm....there has been 928 views of this topic. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Semper

nothing suprises me in that part of town.....

adds credence to the loi kroh is a slum thread I guess.

!? :crazy:

It's the MOAT. It's been there for 716 years and is a deep water body in a town. People fall in occasionally.

Congratulations on what you just managed to post.

It's been known to happen, fairly regularly. Hardly worthy of mention on this forum.

Some years ago one of the International Cricket Sixes players just fell in the moat one night and drowned. There was alcohol involved.

A lot of people in Chiang Mai tend to drink alcohol to excess, happysanook.

Edited by Tywais
Removed quote of deleted post

nothing suprises me in that part of town.....

adds credence to the loi kroh is a slum thread I guess.

!? crazy.gif

It's the MOAT. It's been there for 716 years and is a deep water body in a town. People fall in occasionally.

Congratulations on what you just managed to post.

Flame removed.

congrats on thinking the guy fell in and died in 4 ft of water. clap2.gif