Dredging A Body Across From Johns Place

happysanook

Some time in my past we would push the floaters out into the current so as some other district could handle the paperwork.

But of course the moat is not a river so this procedure wouldn't work in this case.

congrats on your 3000th post 555 clap2.gif

!? crazy.gif

It's the MOAT. It's been there for 716 years and is a deep water body in a town. People fall in occasionally.

Congratulations on what you just managed to post.

Flame removed.

congrats on thinking the guy fell in and died in 4 ft of water. clap2.gif

Honestly. smile.png Did you ever go into the moat? Or have been here long enough to take a peek when it's being dredged? I did, and I have. It is D e e p with a capital D. It's originally a defensive structure, remember? As in: "Moat"?

Anyway, 4 ft deep: If you think you know it all, please wade across and I will happily pay you 100,000 baht if you can wade (not swim) across.

Un be lie vable.

!? crazy.gif

It's the MOAT. It's been there for 716 years and is a deep water body in a town. People fall in occasionally.

Flame removed.

Honestly. smile.png Did you ever go into the moat? Or have been here long enough to take a peek when it's being dredged? I did, and I have. It is D e e p with a capital D. It's originally a defensive structure, remember? As in: "Moat"?

Anyway, 4 ft deep: If you think you know it all, please wade across and I will happily pay you 100,000 baht if you can wade (not swim) across.

Un be lie vable.

Hey Happysanook...... take him up on the offer, but call the time and place..... can be right where the body bobbed..... but wait for the time that the moat is lowered as happens quite frequently..... May not even need boots.... that'll be 10% instructional commission if you please..... lets see 10% percent of 100K baht...... why that is the same discount that TV'ers get by ID themselves at my place...

G

tongue.png

Edited by Gonzo the Face

!? crazy.gif

Flame removed.

Un be lie vable.

been here plenty long enough to have seen the moat empty... been in while it's full too and can easily touch bottom within several meters from the sides.

perhaps it's deeper in the middle...? but i doubt he could jump ...or fall... (? haha...really...?) that far

Hey Happysanook...... take him up on the offer, but call the time and place..... can be right where the body bobbed..... but wait for the time that the moat is lowered as happens quite frequently..... May not even need boots.... that'll be 10% instructional commission if you please..... lets see 10% percent of 100K baht...... why that is the same discount that TV'ers get by ID themselves at my place...

G

tongue.png

:) it's a good plan...

Edited by happysanook

Actually, people drown in 4 feet of water all the time. A LOT depends on the condition of the person (drunk or sober, or a physical impairment) and the slippery bottom of the of the water body. Panic will also cause people to do irrational things.

On the day he drowned there was a man from the NE going around businesses in Chiang Mai asking for money. He said he had recently been released from prison. The Thais who told me this said that they ignored him but he seemed desperate and very intimidating. As he left he threw verbal insults at them. Maybe this is the same guy as it was reported he's from the NE or maybe just a coincidence.

Actually, people drown in 4 feet of water all the time. A LOT depends on the condition of the person (drunk or sober, or a physical impairment) and the slippery bottom of the of the water body. Panic will also cause people to do irrational things.

Right, but I fell in once and couldn't reach the ground. (Aside from this ledge that runs not too deep under water along the bank). You know how tall I am.. It's also likely that some parts are less deep such as the North-Western Hualin corner, but once you get around Thapae it's an abyss. ;)