Some Photos From A Recent Trip To Ayutthaya

buadhai

Nice collection of photos. Been to most of those places many times. It's always a fascinating glimpse of history. If you haven't done so before, I'd also recommend a visit to the Museum at Ayuttaya. Remove your shoes before entering. It's worth a visit. I can't remember if cameras are allowed or not.

• 4 weeks later...
I'd also recommend a visit to the Museum at Ayuttaya. Remove your shoes before entering. It's worth a visit. I can't remember if cameras are allowed or not.

Actually, there are quite a few museums in Ayutthaya. There's the Chao Sam Phraya National Museum on Thanon Rotchana. It's got a nice selection of old statues and some gold artefacts, as well as a small display of items from daily life in the old days.

Then there's the Chantharakasem National Museum in the north east of the island. It's an old, 17th century palace with more old statues and a few historical displays. The exhibits are a little dusty, but the building itself is interesting.

The Ayutthaya Historical Study Center has two buildings (Thanon Rotchana and near Wat Phananchoeng) with high tech exhibits covering the city's history.

There's the Thai Boat Museum, with model boats made by a former boatmaker. It's between Thanon Horattanachai Road and Thanon Bang-Eant, not far from Wat Mahathat.

All are worth a visit if you've got the time.

:D:D:D

buadhai

Nice photos and thank you for sharing them.

Oswulf

Thank you for the info on Ayutthaya. :D

Will visit these next time I am there. :D

Happy Shooting, :D

Yours truly, :o

Kan Win :D

I'd also recommend a visit to the Museum at Ayuttaya. Remove your shoes before entering. It's worth a visit. I can't remember if cameras are allowed or not.

Actually, there are quite a few museums in Ayutthaya. There's the Chao Sam Phraya National Museum on Thanon Rotchana. It's got a nice selection of old statues and some gold artefacts, as well as a small display of items from daily life in the old days.

Then there's the Chantharakasem National Museum in the north east of the island. It's an old, 17th century palace with more old statues and a few historical displays. The exhibits are a little dusty, but the building itself is interesting.

The Ayutthaya Historical Study Center has two buildings (Thanon Rotchana and near Wat Phananchoeng) with high tech exhibits covering the city's history.

There's the Thai Boat Museum, with model boats made by a former boatmaker. It's between Thanon Horattanachai Road and Thanon Bang-Eant, not far from Wat Mahathat.

All are worth a visit if you've got the time.

You're right. There are several. It's been quite a few years since I went to the museum. The kids just called it the National Museum. I seem to remember it as not being too far from Wat Phra Mahathat (which is just down the street from our son-in-law's family's house is located), but the SIL did the driving. It's a 2-story building with several old Buddha statues on the first floor and a nice collection of old Royal artifacts on the 2nd floor. I understood there were some plans to renovate the museum a number of years ago.