Where To Live In Udon Thani?

ROBINPATTAYA

Hi all,

I have a large house in Pattaya & my GF is from Kamphawapi, about 40 klms south of Udon.

I am thinking of renting my home for 12 months & moving to Udon to see if I can live there.

My GF has an eldery mother & a 6yo daughter in Kumphawapi.

I was thinking of a smaller house in a village instead of an apartment as I like to be outdoors rather than being cooped up indoors.

Can anyone suggest a village or similiar to start looking, we are going up there next week.

I don't want to be too far outside and I would like to have a drink with fellow farangs in the area.

I know it is a vague description but any info is a start for me.

Thanks in anticipation,

Welcome, i also have a house in patts and a house about 20 minutes drive south west of kumphawapi in a villiage called tha kanto, i love isaan now, it will take u a while to adjust but just stick it out and you,ll eventually get to live it out up there, good fishing park in k,wapi too i usually head up there with kids every week, also if building house do not i repeat do not buy or build next to her families place for your own privacy, i made mistake of building my house next door to wifes fathers place and im constantly chasing the kids out as they just cant keep place clean and treat it with respect as us westerners do. If your really bored then head onto route no 2 and 30 mins takes you to udon thani for some nice bars and nightlife or 50 mins south to khon kaen for more of the same, also easy travelling distance to lias border for visa etc and a trip into loas the odd time, i love it up there in isaan now, as i say just stick it out and u will too come to love it.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Welcome, i also have a house in patts and a house about 20 minutes drive south west of kumphawapi in a villiage called tha kanto, i love isaan now, it will take u a while to adjust but just stick it out and you,ll eventually get to live it out up there, good fishing park in k,wapi too i usually head up there with kids every week, also if building house do not i repeat do not buy or build next to her families place for your own privacy, i made mistake of building my house next door to wifes fathers place and im constantly chasing the kids out as they just cant keep place clean and treat it with respect as us westerners do. If your really bored then head onto route no 2 and 30 mins takes you to udon thani for some nice bars and nightlife or 50 mins south to khon kaen for more of the same, also easy travelling distance to lias border for visa etc and a trip into loas the odd time, i love it up there in isaan now, as i say just stick it out and u will too come to love it.

Thanks Scorpio,

I have spent a bit of time in Kumph & Udon with the GF. I was really thinking of being in Udon or surrounds as I get bored with village life after 1 day...555.

I am farmiliar with UT & KK bars & they are a real option for some farang company.

I tell my GF "why would I drink beer in a bar when I have champagne at home". Obviously this is a analogy for sex. She is worried about bargirls but I am well over them.

Cheers

Kumphawapi has it's own charm,if you are looking for peace and quiet,and practically little of the bar scene,and few Farangs,but can't compare with the many amenities in Udonthani.

With many decent resident Farangs,from around the globe to chat to.There are also lots of Villages on the outskirts of the City,which can give the distinct impression of Village life,if you want to opt out,and also City life when it suits you (i.e shopping) Immigration is in the City (Airport) and also at Nongkai, and the International airport is on the outskirts of the City.English Speaking/Teaching Catholic School is also available in Udon,Large shopping Complex (Central Plaza) ,and sometimes International (film) Cinema included.I agree with Scorpio "Just stick it out and u will come to love it" warts and all!

Just a thought!

Edited by MAJIC

• 2 weeks later...

ROBINPATTAYA?

Should you not stay near your GF home? Is the reason to move, not also that she can take care your GF mother and see her daughter?

So, you are limited to have your new residence not to far away from your ladys home.

Otherwise you will be alone or she, your GF or you will spend long time in car and/or Motorbike.

I would try to find something around your GF place, not more than some Kilometers Miles away.

Every three, four days you drive than in a bigger village with Falang or to Udon Thani, roads near-around Charoengsri-Robinson Complex, with Falang

Restaurants and Bars.

If necessary you sleep than there for a night or two in Udon. Hotels 350.- Baht+

Better, so I think than the other way around.

You can PM me, Meeting possible. I am sometime in Udon City,but live 85 km away, direction Sakhon Nakhon.