Songkran Is It Timeto Legislate?

MAJIC

Songkran Is It Time To Legislate ?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'

Why bother? Anyone can plainly see that the poll is designed to make those who disagree with you look bad. Why deny something so obvious?

What don't you understand about ...YES and NO Answers ?

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

Re the deaths and accidents figures......does that relate to extra deaths and accidents? Or is it inclusive of the normal carnage expected on Thai roads?

Re the legislating......your joking......maybe it's time to look out your passport and go home.

Of all the things this country needs, legislating about having excess fun at Songkran is not one of them.

edited for spelling

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2

That's great Majic.Sounds like you forgot why you came to live here in the first place.FREEDOM.Maybe you need to go back to your western country for a while and observe how many government departments there are telling average taxpayers how and where to sit stand walk talk ECT ECT.Got it now.Example.In Asstralia oops australia there are more government jobs (taxpayer funded jobs) than productive jobs.They have a rule for everything.It's killed all outdoor festivals ect.

Try staying indoors for a week,look at T.V or something.Stop worrying,relax.

Cheers Cobbler.

P.S. What government department did you say you were from?

Well I did'nt come to Thailand to have someone who has got no concept of danger to risk my life, and my familys life.

If you like playing Russian Roulette,then good for you! and my department (non governmental) is self preservation!

Have a good Songkran.Got it?

Sorry but I agree that your point of view is exaggerated. Your choice of the word Russian Roulette is characterizing your attitude. After 21 Songkrans and another 20 to come, with me and my kids enjoying each, I for one agree with Cobbler. We don't need western zealots to impose rules rules rules rules and legislate everything to death. If you don't like it go on a short holiday or simply go home! You obviously can't take criticism that your argument is NOT supported by all people, those who don't want to see Thailand loose it's Wild West-ness! That's the camp I'm in, and in to stay. Ever heard of the term "fatalism"!

• Like 2

That's great Majic.Sounds like you forgot why you came to live here in the first place.FREEDOM.Maybe you need to go back to your western country for a while and observe how many government departments there are telling average taxpayers how and where to sit stand walk talk ECT ECT.Got it now.Example.In Asstralia oops australia there are more government jobs (taxpayer funded jobs) than productive jobs.They have a rule for everything.It's killed all outdoor festivals ect.

Try staying indoors for a week,look at T.V or something.Stop worrying,relax.

Cheers Cobbler.

P.S. What government department did you say you were from?

Well I did'nt come to Thailand to have someone who has got no concept of danger to risk my life, and my familys life.

If you like playing Russian Roulette,then good for you! and my department (non governmental) is self preservation!

Have a good Songkran.Got it?

Sorry but I agree that your point of view is exaggerated. Your choice of the word Russian Roulette is characterizing your attitude. After 21 Songkrans and another 20 to come, with me and my kids enjoying each, I for one agree with Cobbler. We don't need western zealots to impose rules rules rules rules and legislate everything to death. If you don't like it go on a short holiday or simply go home! You obviously can't take criticism that your argument is NOT supported by all people, those who don't want to see Thailand loose it's Wild West-ness! That's the camp I'm in, and in to stay. Ever heard of the term "fatalism"!

You are most certainly entitled to your views,and so am I,and the members who took the trouble to vote,whichever way they decided.

Those that imagined the questions were loaded in some way,were free to abstain!

Edited by MAJIC

Why bother? Anyone can plainly see that the poll is designed to make those who disagree with you look bad. Why deny something so obvious?

Yes you are right .That is how FABIANS work.They are clever .It's like communist but without using guns to control you.Just change things 1 law at a time.Until all your rights and freedoms are gone.

How about we vote to kick people out of Thailand who don't love Thailand as much as we do???

Kick the fabians out.

No one is in favour of death and dangerous behaviour at Songkran, it's a loaded question

A loaded question indeed. wai.gif

A redundant question as well. The laws are already in place. It is illegal to ride a motorbike drunk without a helmet. It is illegal to throw things at passing motorcycles. I don't think anyone has died from being sprayed with a hose, though it may be irritating. If the question had been phrased "Should the law be enforced?" "Should laws be suspended during Songkran - All? Selected? Only those that are inconvenient to me?" then the debate may have been more constructive.

SC

I hate Songhran but i think it's great that people can do it here. That is one of the things i love about Thailand we DON'T have overpaid/overstaffed governments telling us what we can or can't do. What we need is LESS leglislation not more. If you don't like it stay in doors or go away for the week.

I did last year. Went and spent the week in Sikhanoukville. Can recommend it for an easy and cheap escape [bus Trat - overnight in Ko Kong - lovely walking/ jogging beach several Kms long] . As luck would have it, the newest ritzy hotel there was having a $30 a night promotion. Huge room, beachfront, cable, great pool...I came back a new man.

• Like 1

I hate Songhran but i think it's great that people can do it here. That is one of the things i love about Thailand we DON'T have overpaid/overstaffed governments telling us what we can or can't do. What we need is LESS leglislation not more. If you don't like it stay in doors or go away for the week.

I did last year. Went and spent the week in Sikhanoukville. Can recommend it for an easy and cheap escape [bus Trat - overnight in Ko Kong - lovely walking/ jogging beach several Kms long] . As luck would have it, the newest ritzy hotel there was having a $30 a night promotion. Huge room, beachfront, cable, great pool...I came back a new man.

It's SO nice to get away for the week and come back to where Songkran never seemed to have happened and is all forgotten--till next year. I'll probably go to 'Nam but was thinking about Angeles.

So Sikhanoukville doesn't have Songkran, really?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's SO nice to get away for the week and come back to where Songkran never seemed to have happened and is all forgotten--till next year. I'll probably go to 'Nam but was thinking about Angeles.

So Sikhanoukville doesn't have Songkran, really?

There's a holiday period certainly -loads of Cambo families head on down to Snookyville for a few days off - but nothing like the Thai madness...I Recommend Sikhanoukville as escape destination #1 Having said that, I'm off to Dalat early April.

two days should be enough ,even for the many young thais who fill their weapons with urine,sewage water and other filthy stuff..

I stock up for a couple of weeks here in Pattaya and do chores around the house.

I did note ,last year a large tanker on Sukhumwit refueling pick-ups with a sign on the side.....

....'WE EMPTY YOUR TOILET'....