"Kies Via Wifi" Stopped Working.

Digitalbanana

When I connect my S2 to sync my laptop using "Kies via Wifi" it stopped working. It still works ok with USB, but wireless is more convenient.

On wifi on my phone it tells me it is connected, and on the laptop I can see the device "GT-I9100" under connected devices, but I see no files or anything else.

When I move the mouse icon over the "GT-I9100", it writes "Loading..." and cannot seem to get past this anymore.

Anyone with similar. I use Kies to sync with Outlook.

Using latest Samsung Android stock rom, latest Kies with Win 64 Home premium.

Edited by Digitalbanana

Are you using Kies Air? If not maybe try that as it is pretty simple. I tried it once, and it worked.

Or are you using desktop Kies.

Did it work for you before?

Maybe reboot the router, PC and phone. Make sure the phone is connected (has an IP address) to the WiFi AP. Maybe clear the cache in the browser.

I use MyPhoneExplorer to synch Outlook and, much, much, much more. It works over WiFi. Definitely the best Android/PC software app. ever for me.

Hey thanks for the MyPhoneExplorer idea, didn't know that. I will remove Kies off the PC and phone.

Kies Air worked ok, but seemed useless to me.

I was using desktop Kies client (or trying to) with wifi link, it just stopped working, used to work. The USB still works. Rebooted wifi router, no help.

Your MyPhoneExplorer worked straight out the box with wifi, so I will stick with that now as so much more to do with it as well in a package 20 times smaller!