Austrian MD of Red Bull Company falls to his death from Pattaya Apartment Complex

Rimmer

I think there are a lot of things about this story that have been left out, or are simply unknown. I can understand, to some degree, a suicide if death from cancer in imminent, but not naked, and not by diving from the 18th floor of a condo. There are other ways that would, in my mind, seem somewhat more "appropriate". Something about this story just doesn't sound right.

I'm wondering what you see as being "appropriate" as a method for suicide.

It is, indeed, a cowardly act.

i never understand that term, why is it a cowardly act?, if ones state of mind is so bad and theres no end in site from a problem its one way to end it. i remember the poor waiter in the 9/11 twin towers jump being branded a coward. unless you have been there mentally its some thing you could never explain, but i certainly would not consider it cowardly.

jshorts holds strong religious views which dictate that suicide is wrong; however those same religious views do not prevent him calling a dead man he never knew - who obviously had problems he cannot know about - a coward.

jerk.gif

Patrick

I don't see the disconnect.

Regardless of any underlying problems (e.g., illness, loss of fortune, loneliness, indebtedness, betrayal) I find suicide abhorrent.

My religious views do not prevent me from expressing my opinion about a dead man's absence of courage to face his problems nor his lack of appreciation for the life given to him.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naked Suicides........

Just off the top of my head, George Reeves, the original television superman was naked when he shot himself in the head. Marilyn Monroe, attributed as suicide, naked in her bed.

From a Google search: Robert Maxwell, British tycoon. Christen Schnor, HSBC head of insurance. Rebecca Zahau in San Diego.

Lots of people who commit suicide do so naked...

And who is to say that he was not sleeping nude and managed to sleep walk...

Is not suicide usually considered to be irrational? What is so irrational about commiting an irrational act in what most commentators here consider to be an irrational state of dress?

What I love about this forum is all of the people who automatically assume that foul play was involved in almost any death that did not have an eyewitness and even then the eyewitness testimony is considered to be false...

Maybe this is why Thais let foreigners buy condos here. Does not sound like suicide to me. Where else do you hear of people falling from a condo to end it all. Something wrong but the police have their excuse not to bother to investigate I guess. All nice and cleanly wrapped up!!!!!!!

Seems the favourite hobby on TV is not balcony jumping but jumping to conclusions. If you dont know - dont guess.

• Like 1

Given the level of the BIB investigations and forensic science, what do you expect.

Anything the BIB says automatically becomes a lie and thus eliminated as the truth of any crime, leaving open all other possibilities.

To believe the OFFICIAL BIB version of any of the deaths in LOS would be the height of naivety.

Edited by wxyz

Seems the favourite hobby on TV is not balcony jumping but jumping to conclusions. If you dont know - dont guess.

Seems that another hobby is knocking Thai Police about who most know nothing really other than what they heard during bar talk.

Naked Suicides........

Just off the top of my head, George Reeves, the original television superman was naked when he shot himself in the head. Marilyn Monroe, attributed as suicide, naked in her bed.

From a Google search: Robert Maxwell, British tycoon. Christen Schnor, HSBC head of insurance. Rebecca Zahau in San Diego.

Is not suicide usually considered to be irrational? What is so irrational about commiting an irrational act in what most commentators here consider to be an irrational state of dress?

What I love about this forum is all of the people who automatically assume that foul play was involved in almost any death that did not have an eyewitness and even then the eyewitness testimony is considered to be false...

George Reeves death at age 45 from a gunshot remains a polarizing issue. The official finding was suicide, but some believe he was murdered or the victim of an accidental shooting.

Marilyn Monroe officially classified as a "probable suicide", the possibility of an accidental overdose, as well as the possibility of homicide, have not been ruled out.

Ian Robert Maxwell official ruling was death by accidental drowning. Some commentators have alleged suicide, others that he was murdered

Naked Suicides........

George Reeves death at age 45 from a gunshot remains a polarizing issue. The official finding was suicide, but some believe he was murdered or the victim of an accidental shooting.

Marilyn Monroe officially classified as a "probable suicide", the possibility of an accidental overdose, as well as the possibility of homicide, have not been ruled out.

Ian Robert Maxwell official ruling was death by accidental drowning. Some commentators have alleged suicide, others that he was murdered

Wasn't Marilyn bumped off because she couldn't keep her mouth shut about her affair with JFK?

<snip>

This, to all purposes, an intelligent man. Took the time to undress, but did not bother to leave a suicide note..............perhaps his "helper" could'nt write English or German ?

As it happens they are claiming there was a note on another link, written in both Thai and English but not German.

"The Languages of Austria include German, the official language and lingua franca, Austro-Bavarian, the main language outside Vorarlberg, Alemannic, the main language in Vorarlberg, and several minority languages."

The link is in Thai

http://breakingnews....356〈=T&cat=

The linked article says the police found a farewell letter (suicide note, literally: writing farewell death) and a last will, both in Thai and English (naming his younger brother as sole heir, if I understand correctly).

Not a surprising choice of languages - a suicide note would most likely be addressed to whom you expect to find it. Only unusual that "Farang khian phasa dai" (Farang can write Thai). Maybe only the will was in both languages, and has been translated in time.

RIP, and condolences to the family.

<snip>

This, to all purposes, an intelligent man. Took the time to undress, but did not bother to leave a suicide note..............perhaps his "helper" could'nt write English or German ?

As it happens they are claiming there was a note on another link, written in both Thai and English but not German.

"The Languages of Austria include German, the official language and lingua franca, Austro-Bavarian, the main language outside Vorarlberg, Alemannic, the main language in Vorarlberg, and several minority languages."

The link is in Thai

http://breakingnews....356〈=T&cat=

The linked article says the police found a farewell letter (suicide note, literally: writing farewell death) and a last will, both in Thai and English (naming his younger brother as sole heir, if I understand correctly).

Not a surprising choice of languages - a suicide note would most likely be addressed to whom you expect to find it. Only unusual that "Farang khian phasa dai" (Farang can write Thai). Maybe only the will was in both languages, and has been translated in time.

RIP, and condolences to the family.

Yes, that was my thought as well, he can write Thai? He hasn't been in kingdom long enough and why learn it if you are going to kill yourself. And why was it not in German as well, since that is his native language?

Edited by wxyz

A will is drawn up by a lawyer and maybe has to be done also in Thai to be legally valid here. Not a surprise to me. And getting a note translated from English to Thai is easier than getting it done from German. Makes sense to have something that a local can read too.

Edited by petercool

Given the level of the BIB investigations and forensic science, what do you expect.

Anything the BIB says automatically becomes a lie and thus eliminated as the truth of any crime, leaving open all other possibilities.

To believe the OFFICIAL BIB version of any of the deaths in LOS would be the height of naivety.

I would think that with a case of such high visibility, a correct investigation will be done, probably in cooperation with the Austrian equivalent of the FBI.

My first post from here in Sydney --------- so be kind. we are in about to put the house on the market, a real bad time and hope to be living in Pattaya later this year.

My reason for sending this message is, We believe we know the Condo apartment block in Wong Amat, and because the press have not mentioned the name of the block, neither will I.

But ----- The balconies in this block are very large and the railing is higher than most. And yes someone mentioned the balcony railing heights are low in Pattaya, and I agree, but not in this block.

We have been to this block a few times and hope to buy one,

I must admit there is quite a number of falls from Condo's ----- Many more than I have ever heard anywhere else, Which is a worry, The Police always say depression or medical issues.

It's never nice to hear someone wanting to finish their life.

Edited by thaiphoon
Font changed to default for better reading

Suicide by jumping off a building, it is pretty rare outside of Thailand isn't it? Whether clothed or naked, I just don't hear of it happening on such a large scale anywhere else?

Suicide by jumping off a building is not "rare outside of Thailand", it's just that in most developed countries they are not reported as news. Every single suicide is reported here in great detail making it seem more common.

• 1 month later...