Fabio Capello Resigns

SimonD

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Harry Rednapp, especially now that he has been cleared of tax fraud. The fair thing to do would be to allow him to get to the end of the season with Tottenham while taking on the England job in a part time role. He could then resign and take on the job full time at the end of the season as the squad gathers for the European Championship. He is the only contender, he deserves it, and no one else should be considered.

Give it to Harry!!

Usually the way managers work - they are totally crap until they get a huge pay off.

I happen to think that Capello is totally useless but I respect his exit. When the FA told him his choice of captain was unacceptable (correct) they should have paid him off and sacked him as they clearly no longer respect his judgment. (Or the whole FA can resign on the basis that if you pay 6m a year and dont even respect his choice of captain you are massively over paying for a persons judgment that you dont have no respect for. (As an aside I will take the job for 3.5m and let you choose the entire team (subject to incredibly small bonuses - based on the fact this is a pretty heroic strategy with virtually zero chance of success)

Usually the way managers work - they are totally crap until they get a huge pay off.

I happen to think that Capello is totally useless but I respect his exit. When the FA told him his choice of captain was unacceptable (correct) they should have paid him off and sacked him as they clearly no longer respect his judgment. (Or the whole FA can resign on the basis that if you pay 6m a year and dont even respect his choice of captain you are massively over paying for a persons judgment that you dont have no respect for. (As an aside I will take the job for 3.5m and let you choose the entire team (subject to incredibly small bonuses - based on the fact this is a pretty heroic strategy with virtually zero chance of success)

Agreed. I wasn't convinced about him as the manager of England either. Italian with no passion always seemed not right.

However his defence of justice needs to be applauded I reckon.

The Daily Mail will be happy!

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

So is Alex Ferguson wanke_r.

I am a Liverpool fan, and I cannot stand that filthy club just up the road, however AF is easily the greatest manager in British football history.

Fair does. If AF supports Capello's decision I'm not arguing. Working class heroes are always the best ones.

Comedy timing at its best. biggrin.png

Capello..yes he is a wanke_r.

Not entirely. But you probably are.

Sorry guys. Can I just make it clear I wasn't calling AF a w******.

Would you like to clarify that post then?.....it looks suspiciously like you were!!

Anyway......Rednapp for England.......he can then start doing the right thing by sacking the cancer at the heart of the team......Terry out ( forever ) Ferdinand out, Ashley Cole out, Lampard out, and that is just a start........

• Like 1

During his trial "arry" comented in respose ..:

“My accountant runs my life, I don’t have wage slips, I have not seen a wage slip in 10 years.

I don’t see bank statements.

"I have a big problem, I can’t write, so I don’t keep anything.

I’m the most disorganised person and I’m ashamed to say in the world.

I can’t work a computer, I don’t know what an email is,

I have never sent a fax and I’ve never sent a text message.

“M W [Redknapp’s accountant] runs my life, he writes the cheques for me and my wife.

I have never wrote a letter in my life. I write like a two year-old and I can’t spell.

You talk to anyone at the football club, I don’t write, I couldn't even fill a teamsheet in.”

He should make a great England Team Manager but will he be able to count his wages..??

....err about 6 Million quid a year......Luv-ley Jubly...

Would you like to clarify that post then?.....it looks suspiciously like you were!!

Anyway......Rednapp for England.......he can then start doing the right thing by sacking the cancer at the heart of the team......Terry out ( forever ) Ferdinand out, Ashley Cole out, Lampard out, and that is just a start........

Clarification:

Poster said the Daily Mail will be happy Capello resigned.

AF said he supported Capello's support for justice.

I called the poster a wanke_r not AF. I supported AF's view.

Seems like subtlety doesn't work on this posting thingy so try this...Poster who talks about dogs and pillows in a conversation about ...

Are you clear now?

During his trial "arry" comented in respose ..:

“My accountant runs my life, I don’t have wage slips, I have not seen a wage slip in 10 years.

I don’t see bank statements.

"I have a big problem, I can’t write, so I don’t keep anything.

I’m the most disorganised person and I’m ashamed to say in the world.

I can’t work a computer, I don’t know what an email is,

I have never sent a fax and I’ve never sent a text message.

“M W [Redknapp’s accountant] runs my life, he writes the cheques for me and my wife.

I have never wrote a letter in my life. I write like a two year-old and I can’t spell.

You talk to anyone at the football club, I don’t write, I couldn't even fill a teamsheet in.”

He should make a great England Team Manager but will he be able to count his wages..??

....err about 6 Million quid a year......Luv-ley Jubly...

You judge Harry?

English Court judge Harry?

Who judge YOU?

Its Sir to you.

Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.

Previous posts from you suggest it's more likely to be an insult.

First instinct is usually the right one.

About time to,four years in the job and paid nearly £ 24,000,000, how preposterous,I could have done a better job.

It's time for an English man to run the England team and Harry does seem the man for the job.

Tax evasion acquittal or not.

Sent from stoney's iPad using ThaiVisa app

About time to,four years in the job and paid nearly £ 24,000,000, how preposterous,I could have done a better job.

It's time for an English man to run the England team and Harry does seem the man for the job.

I agree. Alex Ferguson probably does too.

BUT ITS VERY IMPORTANT WE APPLAUD CAPELLO'S SUPPORT FOR INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY.

That's why AF was right and that is why his players want to play for him.

how many managers has john terry caused to lose jobs now then?

i have more respect for capello today than i've had during the rest of his tenure. a dignified and professional manager trying to do the impossible, successfully manage england's squad of dickheads and primadonnas as well as its self-destructive masonic lodge of an FA.

give it to redknapp, they about deserve each other. england will still be shit at the euros whoever is managing them.

I agree. Alex Ferguson probably does too.

BUT ITS VERY IMPORTANT WE APPLAUD CAPELLO'S SUPPORT FOR INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY.

That's why AF was right and that is why his players want to play for him.

AF keeps the faith. "OK son you have had a couple of bad games. Doesn't mean you can't do it in the future."

But if they don't deliver, AF cuts them loose.

They respect his integrity.

Capello, for all his failings, understands integrity.

I remember AF's early days at Man U. Very dodgy start.

The same principles apply in life outside a football stadium.

i have more respect for capello today than i've had during the rest of his tenure. a dignified and professional manager trying to do the impossible, successfully manage england's squad of dickheads and primadonnas as well as its self-destructive masonic lodge of an FA.

give it to redknapp, they about deserve each other. england will still be shit at the euros whoever is managing them.

Good comments.

Players like Harry. They like him and they wan't to do it for him.

England needs to play football from the heart.

Messi don't think about it he just does it.

Masonic lodges in Lancaster Gate sums it up beautifully.

Good comments.

i think they need to play football which probably has less heart in it if anything. inability to keep possession tends to cost england in tournaments. blood and thunder cry god for england harry and saint george nonsense usually results in being taken apart a la germany in bloemfontaine in 2010.

i think redknapp's going to be parachuted in to manage england just in the summer's euros, not permanently yet. and he won't have the balls to drop terry from the squad altogether, which is entirely what needs to be done.

Good comments.

i think they need to play football which probably has less heart in it if anything. inability to keep possession tends to cost england in tournaments. blood and thunder cry god for england harry and saint george nonsense usually results in being taken apart a la germany in bloemfontaine in 2010.

i think redknapp's going to be parachuted in to manage england just in the summer's euros, not permanently yet. and he won't have the balls to drop terry from the squad altogether, which is entirely what needs to be done.

Who has won the World Cup more times than anybody else?

"They score 9, we score 10" mentality.

Brazil went the cautious European route and they lost their way.

There are more goals being scored in the Premier League now than there ever were.

Harry's doing real good with Spurs.

Drop JT if you want. Personally, I would.

Politics and sport don't mix. Capello was right to defend justice. Lancaster Gate is in London where the sun don't shine and the heart don't sing.

Germans make the best cars but a helluva lot of em go to Thailand for some reality.

Harry seems like the logical choice which means the FA are probably talking to Glenn Hoddle clap2.gif

Glen Hoddle was a bloody good football player though. Totally agree about the fat girl in MacDonalds. Fergie wouldn't give her a job.

It's not complicated.

Many great players make <deleted> managers conversely many no better than average players (Fergie, Shanks, Stein) go on to be legends as managers

Edited by Gers1873

Harry seems like the logical choice which means the FA are probably talking to Glenn Hoddle clap2.gif

Glen Hoddle was a bloody good football player though. Totally agree about the fat girl in MacDonalds. Fergie wouldn't give her a job.

It's not complicated.

Many great players make <deleted> managers conversely many no better than average players (Fergie, Shanks, Stein) go on to be legends as managers

Working class heroes have a head start. Fierce drive to succeed.

Guardiola ain't bad though either.

Jose the Special One? Very special.

Personally not convinced about AVB yet, but if I was Abramovich I'd give him a bit of time.

They make the money, we just talk about it...so.

But why didn't Lancaster Gate listen to 82% of the punters who said we don't want Mclaren as manager?

Maybe Jose will go for the England job. Harry's still got a big job at Spurs.