Fabio Capello Resigns

SimonD

Harry seems like the logical choice which means the FA are probably talking to Glenn Hoddle clap2.gif

Glen Hoddle was a bloody good football player though. Totally agree about the fat girl in MacDonalds. Fergie wouldn't give her a job.

It's not complicated.

Many great players make <deleted> managers conversely many no better than average players (Fergie, Shanks, Stein) go on to be legends as managers

Working class heroes have a head start. Fierce drive to succeed.

Guardiola ain't bad though either.

Jose the Special One? Very special.

Personally not convinced about AVB yet, but if I was Abramovich I'd give him a bit of time.

They make the money, we just talk about it...so.

But why didn't Lancaster Gate listen to 82% of the punters who said we don't want Mclaren as manager?

Maybe Jose will go for the England job. Harry's still got a big job at Spurs.

Sorry. Forgot. Jose said he wants to be a National team manager when he's old, not yet.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stuart Pearce has not left the building"

Capello had the best percentage record of all England managers in history but also won nothing.

Be good now that Pearce takes over and does what most of the public want and stick the youngsters in.

He has passion and a lot of respect from jo public,if he can coach and push on at the top level is another thing.............that or bring Harry in who will be as good as Alladyce which is not that good!

Capello had the best percentage record of all England managers in history but also won nothing.

Be good now that Pearce takes over and does what most of the public want and stick the youngsters in.

He has passion and a lot of respect from jo public,if he can coach and push on at the top level is another thing.............that or bring Harry in who will be as good as Alladyce which is not that good!

Stuart Pearce. Like him. Heart on sleeve. But does he have the gravitas?

Sam will do a good job with West Ham but needs to get his credentials back on track maybe?

Lancaster Gate will no doubt make their decision in due course.

What they should actually do is ask successful managers like Fergie who they would choose.

Beauraucrats and administrators have got no <deleted> idea. Same in business.

ah what's the point of logical argument with the self imposed guardians of the internet - wouldn't it be great if people paused in their crusade to right a wrong and actually read what was written in totality and allowed for ambiguity - and yes that is directed at you kamaladreamer

Edited by 2unique

Who do I tip?

I don't believe that they will appoint anybody before the Euro tournament.

Stuart Pierce will take over for now and if England does well in the Euros he will probably have a good chance to be appointed as manager.

Other than that? What about Guus Hiddink? He is without a job now.

sorry, pearce is a clueless moron who has all the tactical knowhow of a primary school team manager. good at shouting though.

Comedy timing at its best.

Capello..yes he is a wanke_r.

Clarification:

Poster said the Daily Mail will be happy Capello resigned.

AF said he supported Capello's support for justice.

I called the poster a wanke_r not AF. I supported AF's view.

Seems like subtlety doesn't work on this posting thingy so try this...Poster who talks about dogs and pillows in a conversation about ...

Are you clear now?

seems like you're not sure who you're calling names - you actually called smokie36 a wanke_r by responding to his post of, Capello..yes he is a wanke_r.

If it were your intention to assign the term to me, when the Daily Mail (amongst others) have held a staunch Capello out stance for a very long time then i'm baffled unless you have the reasoning skills of an idiot, are being overly sensitive and precious about a nonsensical list in a topic that had descended into farce or you are The Daily Mail and are displeased

Uh Oh you again!

Just to be dead clear... I was referring to You and Smokie, not Sir Alex.

And I don't like my football team being diverted by dogs or pillows on the pitch.

Edited by mrbojangles
Flaming

Pearce is a no brainer and will have the country behind him,expectation will be reasonable with him taking over now and if the FA follow there long term plan and not what the media want then we could have a good future with Pearce.

sorry, pearce is a clueless moron who has all the tactical knowhow of a primary school team manager. good at shouting though.

A little bit harsh. He was a magnificent player for England, and good with the young players coming up, but maybe not the man for the big job. Needs a bit of respect I would suggest.

A bit harsh that Stevie his coaching record for the young uns is very good.

What they should actually do is ask successful managers like Fergie who they would choose.

ferguson is a scotsman. he would probably choose jedward.

Fergie's got more chance than anybody of picking the right man, and because he has integrity it would be the right man for England.

That's what he has done for Man U, that's what he would do for Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen or Barcelona.

That is class and players respect.

Old fashioned concept called leadership with style.

Pearce is a no brainer and will have the country behind him,expectation will be reasonable with him taking over now and if the FA follow there long term plan and not what the media want then we could have a good future with Pearce.

he's the archetypal english shouty coach. no tactical acumen, no experience at the top level of club football management, no trophies won, nothing. but he has a george cross tattoo on his arm so hey, he cares at least eh?

you honestly might as well give the job to a managerial double act dream team of john terry and david beckham.

Edited by StevieH

A bit harsh that Stevie his coaching record for the young uns is very good.

sorry mate, i don't buy it. there's a cracking batch of young players available to the u21s but i've never seen a thing from pearce that indicates he knows how to get the best out of them, how to set up tactically to boss matches at the top level, how to change matches during the course of etc. i just see a patriotic shouting bloke.

pearce has no brain? agree with you there. he's the archetypal english shouty coach. no tactical acumen, no experience at the top level of club football management, no trophies won, nothing. but he has a george cross tattoo on his arm so hey, he cares at least eh?

you honestly might as well give the job to a managerial double act dream team of john terry and david beckham.

Everybody has to start somewhere and he has good experience in the England set up and has actually done his coaching badges unlike many....... other than that i would like to see Paul Lambert in charge.

pearce has no brain? agree with you there. he's the archetypal english shouty coach. no tactical acumen, no experience at the top level of club football management, no trophies won, nothing. but he has a george cross tattoo on his arm so hey, he cares at least eh?

Everybody has to start somewhere and he has good experience in the England set up and has actually done his coaching badges unlike many....... other than that i would like to see Paul Lambert in charge.

a scotsman? haha. good luck with that. ;)

there are good, experienced, top level managers around who would probably do a decent job of england, but they're all foreign. and any foreign manager who takes this job after the ride the press just gave capello wants his head testing.

Have you looked at Redknapp's managerial record?

It is poor.In 30 years of management he has won 1 FA Cup and a Ist Div winners.ooohhhhhhh he also won the Inter-totty once that must be why he is so wanted by the FA

Have you looked at Redknapp's managerial record?

It is poor.In 30 years of management he has won 1 FA Cup and a Ist Div winners.ooohhhhhhh he also won the Inter-totty once that must be why he is so wanted by the FA

oh am only too aware of that mate. according to the media england MUST have an english manager, he's the outstanding english candidate despite having won an FA cup once as you say. it's funny.

a scotsman? haha. good luck with that. wink.png

there are good, experienced, top level managers around who would probably do a decent job of england, but they're all foreign. and any foreign manager who takes this job after the ride the press just gave capello wants his head testing.

Exactly mate that's why it makes sense to give it to Pearce,expectation will be low and maybe he could surprise a few people with his no nonsense attitude(passion),the players respect him and he needs time ....he being the only candidate that will be afforded this in my opinion.

do you think lancaster gate will get this one right? the greatest english manager of all time never got the job[brian clough] public opinion wont sway the f.a.they want a yes man with no balls.harry will do for me.taffy

Exactly mate that's why it makes sense to give it to Pearce,expectation will be low and maybe he could surprise a few people with his no nonsense attitude(passion),the players respect him and he needs time ....he being the only candidate that will be afforded this in my opinion.

you may be talking total sense mate, the expectation level certainly needs something doing to it and pearce in for the euros would lower that level more than redknapp being in there would.

ian holloway isn't a bad call as it goes. alan pardew? nigel clough? sven goran eriksson?

the one that would make me laugh most would of course be roy hodgson.

do you think lancaster gate will get this one right? the greatest english manager of all time never got the job[brian clough] public opinion wont sway the f.a.they want a yes man with no balls.harry will do for me.taffy

Pearce had 10 years with Cloughy at Forest,not a bad education in his early days,i would just like to see psycho managing England

i don't really think you could say that fabio capello was a yes man with no balls. similarly previous england manager appointments either really.

think you need a very special manager to do the england job well. got to manage the biggest player egos in international football and a squad of overpaid primadonnas, a truly vile and scum-ridden media and an incompetent, self-serving FA. think it's almost the impossible job really.

Ok.......I have got it..........give it Ian Holloway,happy days.

If being English was the criteria

I'd put Pulis ahead of Ian Holloway - I'd like to see what he could do with better resources.

Mourinhio to Arsenal and Wenger into the England set up developing Pearce's youngsters into Pulis/'Arry's squad - Can't see any of that happening but makes as much sense as Hodgson being joint 2nd favourite for the position.