BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
SimonD

Fabio Capello Resigns

Pearce is a no brainer and will have the country behind him,expectation will be reasonable with him taking over now and if the FA follow there long term plan and not what the media want then we could have a good future with Pearce.

pearce has no brain? agree with you there. he's the archetypal english shouty coach. no tactical acumen, no experience at the top level of club football management, no trophies won, nothing. but he has a george cross tattoo on his arm so hey, he cares at least eh?

you honestly might as well give the job to a managerial double act dream team of john terry and david beckham.

Everybody has to start somewhere and he has good experience in the England set up and has actually done his coaching badges unlike many....... other than that i would like to see Paul Lambert in charge.

a scotsman? haha. good luck with that. ;)

there are good, experienced, top level managers around who would probably do a decent job of england, but they're all foreign. and any foreign manager who takes this job after the ride the press just gave capello wants his head testing.

Have you looked at Redknapp's managerial record?

It is poor.In 30 years of management he has won 1 FA Cup and a Ist Div winners.ooohhhhhhh he also won the Inter-totty once that must be why he is so wanted by the FA

Have you looked at Redknapp's managerial record?

It is poor.In 30 years of management he has won 1 FA Cup and a Ist Div winners.ooohhhhhhh he also won the Inter-totty once that must be why he is so wanted by the FA

oh am only too aware of that mate. according to the media england MUST have an english manager, he's the outstanding english candidate despite having won an FA cup once as you say. it's funny.

Pearce is a no brainer and will have the country behind him,expectation will be reasonable with him taking over now and if the FA follow there long term plan and not what the media want then we could have a good future with Pearce.

pearce has no brain? agree with you there. he's the archetypal english shouty coach. no tactical acumen, no experience at the top level of club football management, no trophies won, nothing. but he has a george cross tattoo on his arm so hey, he cares at least eh?

you honestly might as well give the job to a managerial double act dream team of john terry and david beckham.

Everybody has to start somewhere and he has good experience in the England set up and has actually done his coaching badges unlike many....... other than that i would like to see Paul Lambert in charge.

a scotsman? haha. good luck with that. wink.png

there are good, experienced, top level managers around who would probably do a decent job of england, but they're all foreign. and any foreign manager who takes this job after the ride the press just gave capello wants his head testing.

Exactly mate that's why it makes sense to give it to Pearce,expectation will be low and maybe he could surprise a few people with his no nonsense attitude(passion),the players respect him and he needs time ....he being the only candidate that will be afforded this in my opinion.

Ok.......I have got it..........give it Ian Holloway,happy days.

do you think lancaster gate will get this one right? the greatest english manager of all time never got the job[brian clough] public opinion wont sway the f.a.they want a yes man with no balls.harry will do for me.taffy

Its all a load of cobblers and they should give it to the obvious choice, Ricky Tomlinson.

Exactly mate that's why it makes sense to give it to Pearce,expectation will be low and maybe he could surprise a few people with his no nonsense attitude(passion),the players respect him and he needs time ....he being the only candidate that will be afforded this in my opinion.

you may be talking total sense mate, the expectation level certainly needs something doing to it and pearce in for the euros would lower that level more than redknapp being in there would.

ian holloway isn't a bad call as it goes. alan pardew? nigel clough? sven goran eriksson?

the one that would make me laugh most would of course be roy hodgson.

do you think lancaster gate will get this one right? the greatest english manager of all time never got the job[brian clough] public opinion wont sway the f.a.they want a yes man with no balls.harry will do for me.taffy

Pearce had 10 years with Cloughy at Forest,not a bad education in his early days,i would just like to see psycho managing England

i don't really think you could say that fabio capello was a yes man with no balls. similarly previous england manager appointments either really.

think you need a very special manager to do the england job well. got to manage the biggest player egos in international football and a squad of overpaid primadonnas, a truly vile and scum-ridden media and an incompetent, self-serving FA. think it's almost the impossible job really.

Play nice chaps. No name calling or flaming.

Psycho!! jap.gif

article-0-0211ABCB0000044D-77_468x535.jpg

Listen up guys. You are sounding like a bunch of guys sitting around a table in Lancaster Gate.

Just like me.

The decision should be made by people who have done it, not punters or politicians.

Ok.......I have got it..........give it Ian Holloway,happy days.

If being English was the criteria

I'd put Pulis ahead of Ian Holloway - I'd like to see what he could do with better resources.

Mourinhio to Arsenal and Wenger into the England set up developing Pearce's youngsters into Pulis/'Arry's squad - Can't see any of that happening but makes as much sense as Hodgson being joint 2nd favourite for the position.

Harry seems like the logical choice which means the FA are probably talking to Glenn Hoddle clap2.gif

:cheesy: quality.