Peanut Butter

buadhai

Well I just found a jar of 'real' peanut butter in Friendship supermarket Pattaya, It is branded 'Mission Health Foods' and contains only:Roasted Peanuts 99%, Salt 1%. Based in Bangkok their phone no. is: 023916369 .It costs 84 bht for 400gm about 30% less than the western type brands.

Mission brand available at Rimping supermarkets in Chiang Mai.

For you peanut butter addicts.

A sandwich recipe that was handed down to me by an old Mississippi river-boat captain. Sounds disgusting, but, is actually delicious. Give it a try why don't you?

Peanut butter, raw onion and mayonaise (or Heinz salad cream).

You will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Sir Burr

Well I just found a jar of 'real' peanut butter in Friendship supermarket Pattaya, It is branded 'Mission Health Foods' and contains only:Roasted Peanuts 99%, Salt 1%. Based in Bangkok their phone no. is: 023916369 .

It costs 84 bht for 400gm about 30% less than the western type brands.

Thanks for the tip, SB! Just about6 weeks until I arrive. Nice to know that I can find that there. We need to get this info to 'BarryofThailand' also!

Well I just found a jar of 'real' peanut butter in Friendship supermarket Pattaya, It is branded 'Mission Health Foods' and contains only:Roasted Peanuts 99%, Salt 1%. Based in Bangkok their phone no. is: 023916369 .

It costs 84 bht for 400gm about 30% less than the western type brands.

The health food lady at Baan Suan Pac in Chiang Mai told me that many of these "health" brands on peanut butter actually have "lard" added for taste and texture.

She says that much of the health food in Thailand is adulterated with chemicals and unhealthy ingredients that are not listed on the label because of the lack of Gevernment controls.

Buyer beware! :o

I am listening to a song by the Police called "The King of Pain," but I hereby nominate myself as "The King of Junk Food." My initials are PB, just like peanut butter! A friend from Chiang Mai came to visit me last week, and as soon as he saw my new kitchen, he said, "You must have bought every jar of peanut butter in the store!"

My eldest daughter and I joined the Mennonites as adults, separately, in different cities in Texas. Smuckers was founded by a Mennonite family. When the founding director of the Christian Peacemakers Teams flew from Chicago to San Antonio for a retirement party, my daughter introduced herself to him. "Oh, I know your Dad - did he raise you on junk food, too?" :D

Skippy Extra Crunchy. I even have a doctor's excuse for peanuts, now that I'm low on iron. I eat it with whole wheat toast. And I can even write out the recipe for making it. :o