BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

27-Year-Old English Teacher Reported Missing In Phuket

Another mysterious death in Phuket, this is tragic. Let's see if the police can repair a part their tarnished image by catching the killer/s. RIP Mark.

Another tragic case regardless of the circumstances yet to told...My heartfelt condolences to this handsome young man's family and friends...

Again I would say ( not ask ) why would anyone want to go to un godforsaken place ( Phuket ) honestly it is a shit hole, beaches??? you have got to be joking!!!

Edited by supaprik

Person missing+body found....and the police never think their might be a connection? <deleted>? Do the Thai police actually do any work? Looks like us foriengners need to police ourselves.

RIP

It depends how much $ is involved for them.

This is a very sad death however, RIP Mark.

The police are subordinate to the Head Honcho of every individual station. If such Police Captain decides a particular case too much effort/no money in it for him, such subordinates are told to back off. I have personally witnessed this on several occasions.

Considering that the Captain has paid a not insubstantial sum for his very lucrative position, is he going to put himself and his staff out when there is very little likelihood of his recouping some of his 'investment'?

Yes there are indeed 'monkeys' within the force, but a lot of good cops too. It's simply that their hands are tied. They kow tow to the Big Boss.

The system is rotten to the core.

• Like 2

Another very serious and violent crime against a tourist on Phuket. My feelings go out to the family.

The massive PR marketing machine will work hard to keep this as much out of the headlines as possible.

This is disturbing. A body remains unidentified sitting in the cooler for all this time and no one had made an effort to determine who the deceased was? Incredibly heartbreaking that a young person has had his life taken and the response is this. It is particularly distressing that the poor mother has been made to suffer in this manner. There appears to be violence involved. The party or parties that were responsible are still walking around aren't they?

And in case the explanation offered is suicide, I'll believe it when the medical examiner in the deceased's home country says so, because all I see here is negligence.

• Like 2

Another very serious and violent crime against a tourist on Phuket. My feelings go out to the family.

The massive PR marketing machine will work hard to keep this as much out of the headlines as possible.

He wasn't a tourist, he was a teacher.

R.I.P. I hope they catch the person/s that have done this, but I don't think they will.

R.I.P. I hope they catch the person/s that have done this, but I don't think they will.

Maybe you should read the OP again.He was a tourist in Thailand before heading off to Taipei to take up a teaching position.

If you've been here twenty years or more, if you have even a Thai family, job (off the 'reserved for Thais list), you are still a 'tourist' if you're white.

• Like 1

Maybe you should read the OP again.He was a tourist in Thailand before heading off to Taipei to take up a teaching position.

I stand corrected. I was half asleep when i read the artical. jap.gif

Looks like a nice friendly active out going person. RIP and hope the family of mark receives some closure very soon

Realizing that the Freedom Beach body was recovered on January 25, just two days after Mr Robson’s last known bank transaction, the Gazette news editor contacted Mr Tomenson to ask if police had looked into the possibility that the as-yet unidentified body could be that of Mr Robson.

They hadn’t.

What you have to take into account and realise is that the corrupt Phuket Police francise system does not give a damm about crime so long as it does not affect their dirty income. There was no money here uinless they were paid to look for him.

They are about the worst police force in all of Thailand and need a major corruption sweep. If that happens I dooubt there would be a policeman left on Phuket.

RIP Mark Robson.

In a case like this The South African and certailnly the UK government MUST demand and want evidence a thorough investigation by the so called "law enforcement" of Thailand, Indeed The Uk government needs to act in the same way with advice to their citizens as the Chinese did recently when one of theirs was attacked badly in Chiang Mai. "warning against travel in a particular City". This is justified if a country's police does not show serious effort to tackle crimes against visitors. The only way this country is going to learn that falang are not to be treated differently, in fact should have even greater justice. I hope the family do not have to launch their own investigation , but sadly it is often neccessary for outsiders to do so,

RIP Young Mark Robson

Edited by KKvampire
  • Like 1

From Phuket Gazzette January 26.

An unidentified man was found strangled in a hilly area near Freedom Beach in Phuket yesterday afternoon.

Police believe he took his own life by hanging.

So case closed then ?

Another suicide , no other explanations according to the local police.....