Best Tailor For Shirts?

I'm sure this has been covered numerous times before, but I cant seem to find the appropriate topic.

So, who is the best tailor for shirts in Bangkok? I have bought a few that didn't impress me at all. I'm sure there's somone who can deliver shirts with high quality stitching. I also want the guy to actually know something about shirts, not the average Joe from Nepal who doesn't have a clue what a spread or a cutaway collar is.

Any ideas who to visit?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go and see K Somboon at Infini Tailor on the 2nd floor of Thaniya Plaza (BTS Sala Daeng). He is a Thai Master Tailor and makes exceedingly good shirts. They are well finished and fit beautifully. I have been using him for 6 or so years now and always been happy.

Go and see K Somboon at Infini Tailor on the 2nd floor of Thaniya Plaza (BTS Sala Daeng). He is a Thai Master Tailor and makes exceedingly good shirts. They are well finished and fit beautifully. I have been using him for 6 or so years now and always been happy.

I'll give it a try today, thanks for this.

I'll give it a try today, thanks for this.

K Somboon's shop is called "Infinity", and is located on the third (3rd) floor in Thaniya Plaza.

As usual, I didn't check out any of the demo shirts since this usually has no relevance to the actual work performed. He seems to be very knowledgeable. He also stocks some serious cotton, actually some of the best I've seen, Saville Row and Jermyn Street included, at 7500 Baht per shirt. If this guys work is class I might go for a few.

Try Bangkok Bazaar @ 3rd floor Central World....they have some unique shirtings...very uncommon..the stitching and fit is also

great; just that they take some time to finish atleast a week or two; not like the 12-24 hr shops on nana smile.png

Approx. price 2000-2500

Edited by Jaykiss

Just looking in my wardrobe at the labels in my shirts and the name of the tailor is in fact Infini.. as for the floor level in Thaniya Plaza, well that depends on how you see it and where you come from. Try a shirt.... I don't feel you will be disappointed.

Just looking in my wardrobe at the labels in my shirts and the name of the tailor is in fact Infini.. as for the floor level in Thaniya Plaza, well that depends on how you see it and where you come from. Try a shirt.... I don't feel you will be disappointed.

Ehh, did I just write "Infinity"...? My bad, the name is "Infini" just as you said.

I ordered two shirts with different specs (cut, collar, cuffs etc.) and will report back what the result is. He does know his stuff, he's the first one I've met in a while who knew the difference between collar specs.

I can highly reccomend Button Up. They have a small shop inside Paragon with pre-made shirts for 2,000++ and then they have their tailor shop at Thong Lor. Their shirts are around 4,000-5,000++ and suits are 20,000++. But try to go to their shop at Paragon (men's area) and you can get a good idea of their quality.

I am always surprised that there are many satisfied customers willing to promote Thai/Indian tailors. I have used 6 over the last 19 years and they have all been poor. I will never use any of them again and buy shirts off the rack in Bangkok and pants and jackets off the rack in Singapore.

I am always surprised that there are many satisfied customers willing to promote Thai/Indian tailors. I have used 6 over the last 19 years and they have all been poor. I will never use any of them again and buy shirts off the rack in Bangkok and pants and jackets off the rack in Singapore.

There are plenty of charlatains around waiting to pray on tourists, but there are good ones too. Mine is always busy with (mainly) Americans from the nearby embassy and also has numerous photos/business cards/letters from high profile Americans including both presidents Bush.