The England Squad For The Euro'S

MrRed

Seen as the FA and Capello(and Terry of course)have totally undermined the public again i thought us good folk(the public)who seem to be more in touch with reality than most could from now until the squad is named go about devising who should and should not be going to the finals.

My shout is for giving youth a big chance if nothing more than the freshness they will bring and the experience gained for the up coming World cup qualification.

I have a list of wonderful young players but will we still have the backbone of experience in the team?

If Harry is to become the manager will he favour King Lennon for example or Parker and Defoe.

What will Pearce do at the Holland game.....i can imagine Gerrard will be back as captain if fit or will he give the youngsters he has faith in a game?

There are many questions at this moment in time and obviously the season is getting to its hardest point now.... so we will have injuries and players who lose form(thank god Torres is not English)so there is time like others to come through.

Chamberlain Wilshere at Arsenal

Sturridge at Chelsea

Richards Johnson at City

Walker Livermore at Spurs

Wellbeck Cleverly Smalling and Jones at United

Shelvey Kelly Henderson at Liverpool

Just to name a few here.....

This is the last squad Cappello picked........and in bold who i would like to see go......with others i have yet to decide or are not on the list ie Rooney and Gerrard

Ashley Cole

John Terry ©

Glen Johnson

Joleon Lescott

Phil Jagielka

Gary Cahill

Joe Hart

Scott Carson

David Stockdale

Stewart Downing

James Milner

Theo Walcott

Leighton Baines

Phil Jones

Kyle Walker

Frank Lampard

Gareth Barry

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Danny Welbeck

Bobby Zamora

Daniel Sturridge

Scott Parker

Adam Johnson

Jack Rodwell

Darren Bent

Who would you like to see go at the moment? or given a chance in the next squad.

EDIT ...the C next to Terry can only mean one thing!

Edited by MrRed

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there a reasonable case for the inclusion of Dawson and Lennon.

I'd omit Lampard and Barry and the jury is very much out on Cahill for me. i don't think Agbonlahor is up to it

Now the big one for me is Ashley Cole. The Oldgit makes some good observation on the Chavs thread and he really does see Cole a player in decline and losing pace. That aside, is he the future? No.

My feelings are i'd like to see the back once and for all of the "golden generation" of tropyless losers. Bunch of overhyped egos.

Secondly i'd like to see the new coach sit down with Rooney and explain to him that he's a senior player now in the squad so start behaving like one.

Edited by carmine

Yes agree with Dawson but i think Lennon has much more competition and they are younger and better also he has not showed too much for England before and at Spurs is up and down to inconsistent for me to be in the squad.

Dawson is consistent but maybe even Jagielka and Ledley are before him at the moment.

Sadly we are lacking a great choice of strikers,out and out goalscorers i mean of course.

Apart from Baines there is not a lot of competition for Cole at left back.

Edited by MrRed

Yes agree with Dawson but i think Lennon has much more competition and they are younger and better also he has not showed too much for England before and at Spurs is up and down to inconsistent for me to be in the squad.

Dawson is consistent but maybe even Jagielka and Ledley are before him at the moment.

Agree with you about Jagielka. Wouldn't take Ledley.

We had a cunning plan on the Spurs thread that we could use Walker on right midfield if necessary. He's lightening quick so yes maybe do without Lennon an use Walker as a wing back. Johnson really impressed me to in our match at Anfield and he's another one to go. Close competition between him and walker.

Was the C for Terry castration by any chance Red?

IMO we should include players like Richards, Parker, Chamberlain and Wilshere. I'd like to see England play with the pace and power that Premier League sides play. We'll find it hard to beat the better teams trying to play the 'total' football of the likes of Holland and Spain. Phil Jones would have to go simply because he can cover, and play well in, so many positions.

The good thing for you is that you don't have the same problems England have.

Your biggest problem has been management. If Pearce gets the job you're sorted.

Why? I think Pearce is without the experience not good enough tactically and trophyless.

Has he had any success in the premier league.

So not really qualified in any department..............makes him a shoo in

Why? I think Pearce is without the experience not good enough tactically and trophyless.

You should be asking yourself....Is there any manager out there who could deliver us a trophy this summer?

The only one you might see this year is the FA Cup carms. England should give much needed experience to the younger players and build for Brazil.

You should be asking yourself....Is there any manager out there who could deliver us a trophy this summer?

The only one you might see this year is the FA Cup carms. England should give much needed experience to the younger players and build for Brazil.

Pearce reminds of a certain Pointy Shouty Bloke....and i get the distinct impression his tactics begin and end with "we gotta get into them" similar to Keggy Keegan.

Pearce reminds of a certain Pointy Shouty Bloke....and i get the distinct impression his tactics begin and end with "we gotta get into them" similar to Keggy Keegan.

Pleeeese give him the job! Seriously though give him the summer to prove his worth then decide. Not too difficult is it?

I watched pearse manage in last years u21's euro's And quite frankly he was poor, IMO, we had more than enuf players to go and win that tournemount, the reason we didnt was pearse didnt pick a team to win , that sounds crazy? but it was true he picked primarly defensive teams to make sure we didnt lose and we didnt but we didnt win either and by the time he let the attackin players like sinclair and lansburyout of the traps it was to late, and bang we were out , the fault was not with the players it was with pearse's set up. I'm probably not explaining myself very clearly, but bottom line pearse , AIN'T UP TO THE ENGLAND JOB. Having said that , would i be correct in sayin that hes' the only Englishmen currently around the set up thats lead a squad into an international tournament, even though pearse aint that bright ,his experience we should use.

As for the squad, gerrards a shoe in for the captaincy, imo he should have been the capt from the start tried tested and even with his whiny nasal drawl, a truly inspirational player, who WINS match. Will be interesting to see if he takes dawson and king, and also wether he takes defoe, a player he's taken to almost every club he's been to. Would it be so surprising that ari could raise the flag and get the players truly motivated, something thats not been seen in an england shirt, probably since robson's day, could we see england having a really good tournament?, personally I wouldn't bet against it.

Edited by rijit

I watched pearse manage in last years u21's euro's And quite frankly he was poor, IMO, we had more than enuf players to go and win that tournemount, the reason we didnt was pearse didnt pick a team to win , that sounds crazy? but it was true he picked primarly defensive teams to make sure we didnt lose and we didnt but we didnt win either and by the time he let the attackin players like sinclair and lansburyout of the traps it was to late, and bang we were out , the fault was not with the players it was with pearse's set up. I'm probably not explaining myself very clearly, but bottom line pearse , AIN'T UP TO THE ENGLAND JOB. Having said that , would i be correct in sayin that hes' the only Englishmen currently around the set up thats lead a squad into an international tournament, even though pearse aint that bright ,his experience we should use.

As for the squad, gerrards a shoe in for the captaincy, imo he should have been the capt from the start tried tested and even with his whiny nasal drawl, a truly inspirational player, who WINS match. Will be interesting to see if he takes dawson and king, and also wether he takes defoe, a player he's taken to almost every club he's been to. Would it be so surprising that ari could raise the flag and get the players truly motivated, something thats not been seen in an england shirt, probably since robson's day, could we see england having a really good tournament?, personally I wouldn't bet against it.

I think its sad that some here don't think Pearce will have learnt a few things from that experience. International football is a whole game in itself. Take him on for the long term and you will reap the rewards.

Anyway do or don't what do I care? I will retire now and watch the fun!

I think its sad that some here don't think Pearce will have learnt a few things from that experience. International football is a whole game in itself. Take him on for the long term and you will reap the rewards.

But whats he actually won? I think i know why the Scots would like him as our coach.

But whats he actually won? I think i know why the Scots would like him as our coach.

Scots, hmmm! - Remind me - what exactly have they got in their trophy cabinet ? :)

Scots, hmmm! - Remind me - what exactly have they got in their trophy cabinet ? smile.png

Dust, and lots of it.

Scots, hmmm! - Remind me - what exactly have they got in their trophy cabinet ? smile.png

Dust, and lots of it.

Even our trophy cabinet has more in it than Scotlands and this is saying something !!

I could see Grant Holt and Rooney together being dynamite.

:D

think chamberlain looks a must, proper player that lad and a genuine wildcard. what england still lack most is a top class striker really, though grant holt could be worth a go. i think england's biggest issue right now - aside from the lack of manager or captain - is how to play a system which embraces both their strengths and the need to keep possession of the ball in tournament football. 4-2-3-1 is probably the best way to go.

Dust, and lots of it.

Even our trophy cabinet has more in it than Scotlands and this is saying something !!

I would imagine they don't even have a cabinet - probably sold it a long time ago :-)

Dust, and lots of it.

I would imagine they don't even have a cabinet - probably sold it a long time ago :-)

i am not sure that they ever had a need to buy one ! :)

I know this is a difficult subject of conversation, but it is one that people feel passionately about. So I happen to believe that Mourinho is not as good as advertised but others disagree. Why does it matter what he has historically won. Why cannot matter that all you have won is the FA cup but your club has gone into into admin? And Liverpool were one step away from bankruptcy and nobody seems to notice,

Harry Redknapp wants Paul Scholes at Euro 2012

Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United veteran Paul Scholes should be included in England's Euro 2012 squad.

Redknapp, favourite to take the England manager's job vacated by Italian Fabio Capello, likened the 37-year-old to Barcelona pair Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

"You'd love to have Paul Scholes in the Euros," the Tottenham boss said.

"He'd be in your team, he's that good. He plays like a Spaniard, he can play like Xavi and Iniesta. He doesn't give the ball away."

Harry Redknapp wants Paul Scholes at Euro 2012

Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United veteran Paul Scholes should be included in England's Euro 2012 squad.

Redknapp, favourite to take the England manager's job vacated by Italian Fabio Capello, likened the 37-year-old to Barcelona pair Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

"You'd love to have Paul Scholes in the Euros," the Tottenham boss said.

"He'd be in your team, he's that good. He plays like a Spaniard, he can play like Xavi and Iniesta. He doesn't give the ball away."

I can't resist this. Knowing your views on the England set up MrRed, would you take him?