Samsung Service Center Moved

rmicheald

• 4 months later...

I started to experience problems with my 13 months old Samsung Galaxy Tab after my 8 y.o. son had played with it and downloaded some strange games from questionable locations. All was a very probable virus activity or some other software incompability: the device was freezing constantly, rebooting itself, refusing to accept pushing of buttons, etc.

I brought it to Pattaya Samsung service center, and after a day they called me and happily announced how my device would need a new screen and battery, and the estimated cost would be 5 600 baht. I refused to believe them, and told them not to repair it. Instead I picked it up, and drove it to TukCom.

There a young chap took it to his repair-shop, and after 15 minutes and 300 baht it was working like a dream again. He simply did what I had also asked Samsung to do; a software update.

Edited by Rimmer
Libelous comment

I had a similar experience to the post above. My DVD player open/close mechanism jammed. Samsung wanted some silly amount to fix it (can't remember exactly but it was literally thousands), so I said don't bother since new DVD players cost less than what Samsung wanted to fix it. I went to Tukcom and some technician said no problem! He fixed it for 300baht.

My second ever Samsung (probably my last) was a smartphone. Warranty card is in Thai (not bilingual, as would be the case for other expensive smartphones). No worries I'll do it online. God help you if you bought in Thailand and select Thailand. There is no English option although I noticed other non-English countries have an English or native language option. So much for being an "international" brand. They do lack some finesse of say an Apple.

I bought my first and last Samsung product 4 years ago, it was a widescreen tv that developed a fault

with the screen, after calling in to Samsung who sent an engineer that told me it needed a part that was no longer available.

This resulted in a 3 month wait for a conclusion as to what to do about it, i ended up buying a new LG tv and eventually Samsung

offered to take back the faulty tv and refund me with half of the initial value.

I also noticed at the numerous times i had to go to their service centre the amount of people that were there with their faulty

products to the point where you need to take a queue ticket upon entry and sit and wait for up to an hour before you can be seen to.

I no longer own or plan to own any Samsung products in fear that i would be subjected to their very slow and poor after market service here

in Pattaya.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I came across it trying to find the service center and since I realized that the same things that people have described here are still going on there I thought I'd post about my experience here.

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. My friend gave me his old phone, a galaxy z, which was locked but with a letter from the operator with the code to use to unlock it. This didn't work (maybe you need to be in the same country?) so took the phone and the letter to the service center and they couldn't get it to work with the code either and said I needed a new motherboard for 6.000 baht. I asked about unlocking it some other way or just re-installing the software or something but they said "No, impossible, only way is to put new motherboard". Having read the this thread before I went there I didn't take their word for it but went to tukcom, 45 minutes and 500 baht later the phone was unlocked. I don't know if it's incompetence or some sort of scam or what's going on at the service center but I will definitely try to avoid that place in the future if I can.

I think it has all to do with after-sales and repair policies.

There are matrixes of faults and errors and solutions to solve them.

Often new software or new hardware is solving the problem although a much cheaper way is on hand, like the unlocking activities of tukcom.

I did experience the same with my Nokia N86 who froze and crashed on a regular base.........they offered replacement of sliding-parts, display and some hi-tech part for the amazing sum of THB 4800. The phone is in a drawer now and I bought a cheap Samsung which works well.