BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Soph

Tuna Pies From 7 11

I made a new discover the other day in 7 11 - those pies that spin round in the cage - tuna (the best) chicken or pineapple.

They are yummy, I have one every day now which is really bad as im sure they will make you very fat :o

I made a new discover the other day in 7 11 - those pies that spin round in the cage - tuna (the best) chicken or pineapple.

They are yummy, I have one every day now which is really bad as im sure they will make you very fat  :o

we used to eat them a lot as well

post-14019-1134025017_thumb.jpg

Yep I know, "who at all the pies" and all that. But what my usual trend is to find something I really like, eat it every day for a few weeks, then go off it completely and never eat it again. So im not too worried about getting fat just yet!!!

no skint Soph anymore.. she can take pie ......yippppieeee :o

(BTW i will try the pie u recommend) :D

I really like those taro pies they are soooooo addictive so I try to keep away from them :o

I'd recomend you try one Soph. They are great!

I know nobody really cares - when they like something, they like something! However, if you knew what goes into pies you'd never eat one again!!!

I know nobody really cares - when they like something, they like something! However, if you knew what goes into pies you'd never eat one again!!!

I care - please tell me.....

Pies have always been the rubbish bin of the catering world - I don't know about these exact pies! Most pies will have the poorest ingredients possible, too poor to use in any other dish. Also they are usually packed with fat, that's what makes them so tasty, this coupled with high sugar and salt contents means you are on an unhealthy snack. However, that's the good quality pies! The really bad ones are packed with artificial colours and flavorings. Also it's not just the ingredients inside the pies, the pastry is a storage zone for all sorts of nastys. If you really like pies think about making them yourself at home then you can use the best possible ingredients. Good luck.

Pies have always been the rubbish bin of the catering world - I don't know about these exact pies!  Most pies will have the poorest ingredients possible, too poor to use in any other dish.  Also they are usually packed with fat, that's what makes them so tasty, this coupled with high sugar and salt contents means you are on an unhealthy snack.  However, that's the good quality pies!  The really bad ones are packed with artificial colours and flavorings.  Also it's not just the ingredients inside the pies, the pastry is a storage zone for all sorts of nastys.  If you really like pies think about making them yourself at home then you can use the best possible ingredients.  Good luck.

Hope you're not telling "Porky Pies" there?

Pies have always been the rubbish bin of the catering world - I don't know about these exact pies!  Most pies will have the poorest ingredients possible, too poor to use in any other dish.  Also they are usually packed with fat, that's what makes them so tasty, this coupled with high sugar and salt contents means you are on an unhealthy snack.  However, that's the good quality pies!  The really bad ones are packed with artificial colours and flavorings.  Also it's not just the ingredients inside the pies, the pastry is a storage zone for all sorts of nastys.  If you really like pies think about making them yourself at home then you can use the best possible ingredients.  Good luck.

Hope you're not telling "Porky Pies" there?

:o:D

7-11 junk food is probably the best beer food around!!

I love those Pizza Roller things when inibreiated. Sober I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

Funny how a few beers really changes how you view food. I'm usually very careful about what I eat but with a few beers I become danger man...

More chilli and garlic sauce on my kebab please...

The 7-11 "chicken steak burger" is also not too bad - not the chicken burger mind you as too synthetic. The chicken steak is an actual chicken breast - and I take of the skin after it has been nuked to cut down on the fat and fill on as much of the salad bar as can fit into the paper holder (Thai style - he,he) and all that for 30 Baht. Resonably healthly (stay away from the mayo - but ketchup/chili is ok) too.

Cheers!

The 7-11 "chicken steak burger" is also not too bad - not the chicken burger mind you as too synthetic. The chicken steak is an actual chicken breast - and I take of the skin after it has been nuked to cut down on the fat and fill on as much of the salad bar as can fit into the paper holder (Thai style - he,he) and all that for 30 Baht. Resonably healthly (stay away from the mayo - but ketchup/chili is ok) too.

Cheers!

Sounds alreet. Is it lunchtime yet? :o