Tuna Pies From 7 11

Soph

I made a new discover the other day in 7 11 - those pies that spin round in the cage - tuna (the best) chicken or pineapple.

They are yummy, I have one every day now which is really bad as im sure they will make you very fat :o

Yep I know, "who at all the pies" and all that. But what my usual trend is to find something I really like, eat it every day for a few weeks, then go off it completely and never eat it again. So im not too worried about getting fat just yet!!!

Pies have always been the rubbish bin of the catering world - I don't know about these exact pies! Most pies will have the poorest ingredients possible, too poor to use in any other dish. Also they are usually packed with fat, that's what makes them so tasty, this coupled with high sugar and salt contents means you are on an unhealthy snack. However, that's the good quality pies! The really bad ones are packed with artificial colours and flavorings. Also it's not just the ingredients inside the pies, the pastry is a storage zone for all sorts of nastys. If you really like pies think about making them yourself at home then you can use the best possible ingredients. Good luck.

Pies have always been the rubbish bin of the catering world - I don't know about these exact pies!  Most pies will have the poorest ingredients possible, too poor to use in any other dish.  Also they are usually packed with fat, that's what makes them so tasty, this coupled with high sugar and salt contents means you are on an unhealthy snack.  However, that's the good quality pies!  The really bad ones are packed with artificial colours and flavorings.  Also it's not just the ingredients inside the pies, the pastry is a storage zone for all sorts of nastys.  If you really like pies think about making them yourself at home then you can use the best possible ingredients.  Good luck.

Hope you're not telling "Porky Pies" there?

Pies have always been the rubbish bin of the catering world - I don't know about these exact pies!  Most pies will have the poorest ingredients possible, too poor to use in any other dish.  Also they are usually packed with fat, that's what makes them so tasty, this coupled with high sugar and salt contents means you are on an unhealthy snack.  However, that's the good quality pies!  The really bad ones are packed with artificial colours and flavorings.  Also it's not just the ingredients inside the pies, the pastry is a storage zone for all sorts of nastys.  If you really like pies think about making them yourself at home then you can use the best possible ingredients.  Good luck.

Hope you're not telling "Porky Pies" there?

:o:D

The 7-11 "chicken steak burger" is also not too bad - not the chicken burger mind you as too synthetic. The chicken steak is an actual chicken breast - and I take of the skin after it has been nuked to cut down on the fat and fill on as much of the salad bar as can fit into the paper holder (Thai style - he,he) and all that for 30 Baht. Resonably healthly (stay away from the mayo - but ketchup/chili is ok) too.

Cheers!

The 7-11 "chicken steak burger" is also not too bad - not the chicken burger mind you as too synthetic. The chicken steak is an actual chicken breast - and I take of the skin after it has been nuked to cut down on the fat and fill on as much of the salad bar as can fit into the paper holder (Thai style - he,he) and all that for 30 Baht. Resonably healthly (stay away from the mayo - but ketchup/chili is ok) too.

Cheers!

Sounds alreet. Is it lunchtime yet? :o

I can't believe theres a thread discussing the merits of junk food in western style Thai convienience stores going on here. Just shows that you can not beat the stuff!

I used to like the pizza slices a few years ago. They came back recently to family mart but for some reason they put mayonnaise in them :o:D

• 3 weeks later...
I made a new discover the other day in 7 11 - those pies that spin round in the cage - tuna (the best) chicken or pineapple.

They are yummy, I have one every day now which is really bad as im sure they will make you very fat  :D

Doesn't it bug you that all the filling is always in one half of the pie? :D

It bugs the heck out of me. :D

I'll be buying some more again tomorrow to see if they still bug me. :o

They are yummy, I have one every day now which is really bad as im sure they will make you very fat  :D

It reminds me of when I first arrived in Thailand. I turned up here with just a bag of clothes and was living up in the Wang Hin area of Bangkok. I couldn't speak much Thai and I didn't know what any of the Thai dishes were.

So basically, for the first 3 months that I was in Thailand, I lived off 7 Eleven or Family Mart food and khao phat gai because that was the only Thai dish that I knew. :o

Edited by Spit the Dog

They are yummy, I have one every day now which is really bad as im sure they will make you very fat  :o

we used to eat them a lot as well

post-14019-1134025017_thumb.jpg

haha!! fat slags - classic, havent seen them for years!! who ate all the pies!!

I can't believe theres a thread discussing the merits of junk food in western style Thai convienience stores going on here. Just shows that you can not beat the stuff!

I used to like the pizza slices a few years ago. They came back recently to family mart but for some reason they put mayonnaise in them  :D  :D

I've found that also... i think they think it is a substitute for cheese... not to mention the bucket of suger they put in 'em :D

totster :o