Why Do My Scooter Tyres Keep Losing Air Pressure

nattydread

try a yamaha official shop ,they "might " have OEM tubes from Yamaha

i think the smal soi shops are more likely to have cheaper chinese parts but YMMV

there must be quality branded tubes somewhere .......

yamaha uses V-rubber tubes at factory

never heard of those guys before but they must be decent if yamaha is using them

Bridgestone makes the tubes for yamaha bikes in the states but i guess they dont

send scooters to the states from thailand anyway

i think the smal soi shops are more likely to have cheaper chinese parts but YMMV

never heard of those guys before but they must be decent if yamaha is using them

Bridgestone makes the tubes for yamaha bikes in the states but i guess they dont

never seena honda wave or dream, Th most sold bike model ever, leaving factory on anything else than Vee-rubber. On the other hand wave/dream isnt my cup of tea

never seena honda wave or dream, Th most sold bike model ever, leaving factory on anything else than Vee-rubber. On the other hand wave/dream isnt my cup of tea

you are correct ,i have seen up close the inner tube of a honda wave or dream

its not on my to-do list either :D

Visited my Yamaha dealer today and asked about available tubes for my Yamaha Nouvo (AT135; spoked wheels).

They only have something called Y-TEQ available there. I was told that most people want these, because they are cheaper than the OEM tubes:

post-129800-0-25074200-1329909058_thumb.

The OEM tubes are from Dunlop, as shown in the parts catalog:

post-129800-0-26246700-1329909062_thumb.

I ordered the Dunlop tubes. It will need one week or so for them to send to the shop.

Front tube 110 Baht

Rear tube 120 Baht

For mounting the tubes they want 130 Baht. So altogether its 360 Baht.

I will report if the problem of loosing pressure remains with the new tubes. If i forget please remind me in a few weeks smile.png

Visited my Yamaha dealer today and asked about available tubes for my Yamaha Nouvo (AT135; spoked wheels).

They only have something called Y-TEQ available there. I was told that most people want these, because they are cheaper than the OEM tubes:

post-129800-0-25074200-1329909058_thumb.

The OEM tubes are from Dunlop, as shown in the parts catalog:

post-129800-0-26246700-1329909062_thumb.

I ordered the Dunlop tubes. It will need one week or so for them to send to the shop.

Front tube 110 Baht

Rear tube 120 Baht

For mounting the tubes they want 130 Baht. So altogether its 360 Baht.

I will report if the problem of loosing pressure remains with the new tubes. If i forget please remind me in a few weeks smile.png

i bought the yamaha tubes in the blue bag when i renewed the tyres on my Nouvo.....still lose 30% pressure over a week

• 2 weeks later...

Here some additional info to my previous post (post #34):

Seems that replacing my tubes (Y-TEQ) with the original mounted Dunlop-tubes has now solved the problem of losing pressure for me. After waiting 10 days the tires have only lost a very small amount of air (less than 1 psi). Before it was more than 7psi in the same time.

These are the tubes that lost much pressure. They had been mounted by a Yamaha dealer last summer. Since then i always had the problem.

post-129800-0-89220400-1331116180_thumb.

These are the new Dunlop-tubes. They seem to lose much less air than the tubes from Y-TEQ:

post-129800-0-28309000-1331116770_thumb.

post-129800-0-93850800-1331115915_thumb.

So if you are keen to keep the pressure steadily than you should take the Dunlop tubes. Your Yamaha dealer may have to order them for you, but it is worth it.

I paid exactly the same price for Dunlop and Y-TEQ.

Y-TECH for 360 Baht (front and rear; inclusive mounting).

Dunlop for 360 Baht (front and rear; inclusive mounting).

Edited by wantan