Update On Kota Bharu Embassy For Multiple Non B

Hi Guys

I went to Kota Bharu, Malaysia again to renew my 1 year multiple non B, and had no problem at all.

I took all relevant company documents plus copies of work permit & passport etc....my work permit had 6 months and 2 weeks left on it.

My company is registered at 2m baht.

From Krabi it costs about 1000 baht to get there via 3 different minibus + taxi from the Malay border. About 8 hours travel time.

Stay the night, put your visa application in the following morning, and pick it up the next morning

Then head back to the border and into Thailand.

This might only seem a viable option people in Krabi, but its feasible from BKK too:...

Fly to Narathiwat with Air Asia

Taxi to border

Taxi to KB (30 mins from border)

Stay the night, put your visa application in the following morning, and pick it up the next day.

You pick up the visa at 9-10am, which will give you time to get over the border to Narathiwat for the flight to BKK at 1230

by the way I had heard the Kota Bharu require a certain amount on months left on the work permit to grant a new multiple Non B (7 or 8 months according to different sources)

But I had no trouble with my 6 months and 2 weeks, and didnt have to show any proof of employment contract

Note that as Khota Bharu is a strict Muslim area the Consulate is open Sunday to Thursday, excluding Thai and Malay public holidays.

Consulate opening hours are 09:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 - 15:30

Seem to remember the application must be made in the morning, not sure as to the regular visa pick up, again I remember afternoons.

Edited by digitalchromakey