Double Quotes And 'Too Many Opening Closing Tags'

silsburyhill

On the serendipitous occasion I am able to include the post in my response thereto, my reply always duplicates such included quote.

Also, when posting a response including multiple (more than one quote) getting irritating 'problem occurred, too many opening closing tags' which soever quotes I attempt to delete.

So have to revert to twitter style @'s. Wa's going on?

PS No 'stupid 'you give people the shits' quotes please. One tssr once took the 'too much time on his hands' trouble to post this, whereby turned out tv okay in Chrome but not FF or IE for me, anyway (just forestalling any more imbecilic 'responses')..

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this as well when I first started.

The problem seems to be once you to get to about 5 quotes. The error message appears as you described it. You have the correct number of opening and closing quotes ... but it's not accepting more then 5 quotes at a time.

Which is sort of understandable because a quote of 5 repeat quotes could almost be a page long.

What does work is if you hop in and remove some of the original quotes which may have been superseded by the subsequent posts.

Here is an example below which was taken from here http://www.thaivisa....ng/page__st__75 post #95

I must admit i dont like it when a small kids call me a farang when im just walking along minding my own business.

Such racist little fkers.

Don't blame the child. Blame the one that taught the child.

The kids are not taught because most of the parents are busy swilling whiskey down there mouths or playing cards whilst the kids are out playing on the roads.

You've succeeded in posting one of the more idiotic comments on this thread. I point this out because that's really saying something.

Edited by David48

Ha ha ha ... I fell victim to this problem also when I tried to add the solution below ...

What you could do is remove the original 2 posts without destroying the feeling of the argument ...

The kids are not taught because most of the parents are busy swilling whiskey down there mouths or playing cards whilst the kids are out playing on the roads.

You've succeeded in posting one of the more idiotic comments on this thread. I point this out because that's really saying something.

Hope this helps

David 48 cowboy.gif