Anyone Know What The Trees With Long Green Seed Pods Are?

Now we have a picture, They are not edible they are called, hang nok young. they have a red flower.

PS will not hurt you if eaten just act like a laxative.

Yes thats what "they" want you to think, those of us who are informed KNOW they are the Pod People...............................

Jacaranda?

samsiam has it right, flame tree, the Hang Nok Yoong is the Flame tree or Royal Poinciana latin name Delonix Regia. Its very commonly grown along road sides and looks beautiful when in full flower. I've never had any luck starting it from seed tho, some little worm always eats my seedlings

640px-PikiWiki_Israel_4368_delonix_regia.jpg

The thing is, we haven’t heard back from the OP. I saw three different trees with long thin green seedpods on my walk this evening. The flame tree seed pods are flat and wide, not what I would call long and thin.

Sadly not uncommon for someone to start a topic and never return.

Jacaranda?

samsiam has it right, flame tree, the Hang Nok Yoong is the Flame tree or Royal Poinciana latin name Delonix Regia. Its very commonly grown along road sides and looks beautiful when in full flower. I've never had any luck starting it from seed tho, some little worm always eats my seedlings

640px-PikiWiki_Israel_4368_delonix_regia.jpg

In my garden Flame of the Forest are self-seeding, to the extent that they have become a nuisance. Give us some of your worms, SBK.

The thing is, we haven’t heard back from the OP. I saw three different trees with long thin green seedpods on my walk this evening. The flame tree seed pods are flat and wide, not what I would call long and thin.

Hmmmm. I was only gone 3 days ( I was sick ) So sorry not to be here every day.

BTW if you bothered to look at other threads I start, you'd know that I always say thank you to respondents, and that really is a rare thing on some forums!

Hmmmm. I was only gone 3 days ( I was sick ) So sorry not to be here every day.

BTW if you bothered to look at other threads I start, you'd know that I always say thank you to respondents, and that really is a rare thing on some forums!

My apologies and sorry you were ill. I jumped to an ill founded conclusion based on my experience with other posters. I have been nursing one long running thread through more than 87000 page views and get a little irritated, I suppose, at those who hit and run with no follow up.

Probably not a Kapok tree as the seed pods are short, fat and filled with that fluffy material they use to fill mattresses. The stamen of the flowers are also used in the soup of a favorite noodle dish (naam neo). Does your tree by chance have white edible flowers? Don't recall the name but they have long string bean like seedpods.

Local Kapok tree.

Winter%2520Color%2520%2520012.jpg

Probably not a Kapok tree as the seed pods are short, fat and filled with that fluffy material they use to fill mattresses. The stamen of the flowers are also used in the soup of a favorite noodle dish (naam neo). Does your tree by chance have white edible flowers? Don't recall the name but they have long string bean like seedpods.

Local Kapok tree.

Winter%2520Color%2520%2520012.jpg

Not KAPOK, KOPAK. However, you can be forgiven for not knowing it, even google tried to divert me to Kapok.