Mel-Kul-Bkk-Ubp

JBL

Hi guys - have the above flights Emerates-MAS-Thai booked Melbourne thru to Ubon

Wondering if our checked in luggage will go thru or need to be collected & checked in again @ any of the short stopovers

And where would we clear customs BKK or Ubon?

Ta

JBL

and of course clear customs / collect luggage in KUL too.

as long as your several flight-legs are not listed under the same PNR (booking code), there will be no luggage-forwarding. how should such thing be possible ?

If Emirates have an inter-line agreement with MAS, then I don't see why it would not be possible to wave bye-bye to your hold-luggage at MEL, and next see it at BKK. Show both tickets (Emirates & MAS) when checking-in at MEL.

Don't see why KUL wouldn't be used to transit/interlining passengers either, so not necessary to clear Immigration/Customs for Malaysia, although I must admit that I'm not speaking from direct-experience of KUL, only in-general.

Thanks for the input, BTW the run is all on one ticketed journey.

Looks like we will join the Queue's @ swampy -

UBON is still named as a international airport - but I guess they no longer have customs/immigration facilities as it has been years since such international flights have happened from there

JBL

Edited by JBL