Tick

skanky external parasite.. which egg can stay atleast 7 mth in evironment..and its the carrier of ricketsia as E.canis - tick fever(infected in mono neuclear cell of white blood cell)

mow em over - keeping grass and weeds trimmed ( they live on it..and wait to jump on your dog

get him new coat- spray,dip or powder containing pyrethrins. amitraz

spot it- as Frontline spot on ( can use with animal who has atleast 3 mths old) ..unlucky .. durg disperse with oli don hair .. mean . if u shower doggie often , drug will lost the power :o

comb em out - after sprayed your pet with insecticide.. comb it with fine comb

injection - ivermection , 500-600 microgram /Kg dog.. make round worm /heartworm /mite and tick get paralyse and die

tidy time - clean all your home, cage, bedding , and other thing that dog use .. for getrid , egg,larva ,tick as insecticide, boiled water ..

E.canis

sign - high fever (normal 102 F) fatique, anorexia ,bruise,epixtasis,hurt at joint ,bloody urea (harmful in alsatian , siberian husky)

Tx .. bacteriostatic as Tetracycline group for 14 days

ciaooooo :D

Ahhh tick's. We are fighting a constant war on tick's, without much sucsess.

Bambina I know it's not your field, but do you know what I can use to spray my land, for large scale tick control. It would have to be harmless to animals, been trying to find something for a while now.

Tick's are a real problem with my cows, we inject with ivermection but you can't sell the milk for 45 days after injecting so we usually inject when we dry the cow off prior to it clafing. I have some spray for the cows as well, but it only kills the tick that are on them, I could do with something that will remove the source of the tick's I know I will never win but am just trying to keep the population down.

RC

I use Frontline....It is quite pricy but does the job well. It comes in spray form, liquid form or collars....The single dose liquid format is the easiest. It takes care of fleas as well. For dogs and cats, its' good....for cows, I don't think so. Ticks come in waves, it is not throughout the whole year but like 3 or 4 times a year when they are all around....

Bambina I know it's not your field, but do you know what I can use to spray my land, for large scale tick control. It would have to be harmless to animals, been trying to find something for a while now.

maybe try insecticide as pyrethrins .. (brand as Radd Water-Base) u can grab in from supermarket

coz low-residue (diff from organo phosphate /DDT) and after expose light , air ,temp ..it will be gone(in-activate) in few days

alternative way " rotenone " from plant

" LOTIN"

โล่ติ๊น
- crashed it's root .. and then add water , keep it for 24 hrs and then use the (white) solution which contain "rotenone" spray around (can use with animal too)

hang.jpg

Derris elliptica (Roxb.) Benth.

common name - Derris, Tuba root กะลำเพาะ เครือไหลน้ำ โพตะโกส้า โล่ติ๊น*

โล่ติ๊นแดง ไหลน้ำ อวดน้ำ

*** toxic to FISH

Edited by BambinA

maybe try insecticide as pyrethrins .. (brand as Radd Water-Base) u can grab in from supermarket

coz low-residue (diff from organo phosphate /DDT) and after expose light , air ,temp ..it will be gone(in-activate) in few days

alternative way " rotenone " from plant

" LOTIN"

โล่ติ๊น
- crashed it's root .. and then add water , keep it for 24 hrs and then use the (white) solution which contain "rotenone" spray around (can use with animal too)

hang.jpg

Derris elliptica (Roxb.) Benth.

common name - Derris, Tuba root กะลำเพาะ เครือไหลน้ำ โพตะโกส้า โล่ติ๊น*

โล่ติ๊นแดง ไหลน้ำ อวดน้ำ

*** toxic to FISH

Thanks Bambina.....I must of missed your reply a few days ago. The problem is that I want to spray where we keep the cows and I have'nt really got anywhere else to put them for even a few days, so the first one is out really.

I might have a look at finding that root, and trying to make some up.

Thanks RC