Phuket Kickboxer Murder Fugitive Lee Aldhouse Wins Right To Appeal Extradition

webfact

Phuket kickboxer murder fugitive Lee Aldhouse wins right to appeal extradition

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12344hfUYbYVkNNUArOVABXpYxuKQdt.jpg

British fugitive Lee 'The Pitbull' Aldhouse has won his right to appeal extradition to Phuket to face murder charges. Photo: James Goyder

PHUKET: -- The return to Phuket of fugitive British murder suspect Lee Aldhouse remains on hold, as the kickboxer has won the right to appeal an extradition order, the UK media has reported.

Lee Aldhouse, 27, successfully fled Thailand after he allegedly stabbed American Deshawn Longfellow to death in August 2010. He was later arrested at Heathrow Airport on an unrelated charge when he tried to re-enter the UK.

The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) in Bangkok, citing a preponderance of evidence in the case, moved quickly to request the extradition of Mr Aldhouse, known as “The Pitbull” in boxing circles.

Learning from past mistakes, the OAG assured the British Government that he would not face the death penalty if convicted.

Despite British Home Secretary Theresa May previously claiming Aldhouse “had forfeited his right” to appeal extradition, two senior judges have now ruled his complaints were “far from frivolous” and allowed him to press ahead with his High Court challenge, according to a report today by the Birmingham Mail.

Mr Aldhouse has argued his extradition should be blocked because conditions in Thai jails breach Article 3 of the Human Rights Convention, which prohibits “inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”, according to the report.

In a development described as “Kafkaesque” by a senior judge, Mrs May claimed he should not be allowed to appeal because he had failed to correctly inform the Home Office of his ongoing legal battle, said the news report.

However, two judges have now ruled that the Home Secretary’s administrative objections should not get in the way of Mr Aldhouse’s request to appeal.

“Whichever way the issue might go, it is far from a frivolous one… The issues are of sufficient importance and arguability for it to be only just that the appeal be heard. Accordingly, we find against the Government of Thailand and Home Secretary on this preliminary issue,” one of the justices wrote.

Like most Thai penal facilities, Phuket Provincial Prison is overcrowded with inmates, about three-quarters of which are serving time on drug-related charges.

The Thai government, in the midst of its latest anti-drug offensive, is reportedly considering ways to better separate drug convicts from the general population.

However, the move is not being pursued as a way of improving conditions, but rather as a way of stopping drug dealers from continuing to run their operations from the inside.

No date was set for the full hearing of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12343.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-02-18

Ohh boo-hoo, poor steroided out freak murderer might be subjected to inhumane conditions in a Thai prison.

Can someone enlighten me on British Prison conditions, is it tea and crumpets at noon?

O.K., lets compromise, try him in the U.S. and send him to a U.S. prison, lets see how the jerk fares once inside there.

• Like 1

so the pitbull loses the fair fight and then goes and stabs the guy who beat him in a fair fight?

so we are looking at premeditated as he dropped into a 711 to get a knife if i remember correctly

then fled the scene via a back door in Cambodia

now this legal challenge in the high court is not cheap and so whos paying

not that I care but it will be expensive so big pockets are somewhere in all this

I would imagine legal aid would be picking up the bill for the appeal.

Not to worry, he has only won a right for an appeal to be heard. Hopefully sane heads will prevail and he will be extradited.

I fail to see what the conditions of the jails have to do with it if he is innocent. Guilty mind, already thinking of what life will be like in jail.

Hope some yank servicemen get a hold of him and teach a few lessons the only way he will understand.

As I posted way back when this first went down

He will never serve a day in a Thai Jail the UK will NEVER extradite him, all he has to do is show the picture of the Naked UK ex punk rock singer that was left to die in a Pattaya prison until Andrew Drummond reported on it and it turned out he just needed his meds but in the meanitme he was beaten and left to die chained to a Thai prison bars

that picture alone will win the case for Aldhouse

DK

Just curious so if his appeal is successful and he cannot be extradited what happens then is he a free man or is there any way they could try and sentence him in the uk

At some point perhaps the yanks will get involved if he does not face his accusers. And yes, if he is not working he will get free representation. angry.png

How stuffed up is the British "justice" system.

They're doing all they can to prevent this viscious, murdering (alleged), thug from being extradited to face up to the consequences of his crimes. Justice for the victim apparently not a consideration.

The same system that refuses to deport a convicted terrorist back to his own country, even though he has no right of residence in the UK, because they don't like how the evidence against him was found.

The same justice system that has kept an online blogger (who embarrassed several governments by publishing truthful documents) in custody for years on trumped up rape charges for which no evidence has ever been presented to the appeal courts!

No wonder seemingly half the population of Britain has moved to Thailand!

Eat yer heart out Gary Glitter!...What a great world we live in as long as you are a low life sh.t scumbag and you can be rehabilitated and protected by politically correct 'self serving' lawyers and politicans'/ Lord Longfords and of course you aren't a honest law abiding taxpayer!!!Forget about the victims(did it really happen anyway?)Just keep paying your taxes folks and let the under achievers and overpaid tossers in Brussels and 'The Hague' keep influencing what we all know as common sense and justice...Off my soap box now!!
  • Like 1

Just curious so if his appeal is successful and he cannot be extradited what happens then is he a free man or is there any way they could try and sentence him in the uk

No, he will walk. He is now in jail for some petty crimes I believe but after that he will be a free man. As someone said, the British judicial system today is a disgrace in so many ways.

Why so much outrage by the Americans in this case. It seems that it was OK for Amanda Knox to get away with murdering an English girl and she will be 4 million dollars better of for it by selling her story. Will the parents of the victim have the right to try her in a UK court. The answer is a big fat no! Best look at your own judicial system which is pretty much on a par with that of the UK.

I think that LA is guilty of the crime but unless the Thai authorities make a case, he will be staying in the UK.

• Like 2

Why so much outrage by the Americans in this case. It seems that it was OK for Amanda Knox to get away with murdering an English girl and she will be 4 million dollars better of for it by selling her story. Will the parents of the victim have the right to try her in a UK court. The answer is a big fat no! Best look at your own judicial system which is pretty much on a par with that of the UK.

I think that LA is guilty of the crime but unless the Thai authorities make a case, he will be staying in the UK.

Way off the mark Bangkokrick, the evidence in the two cases polar opposites. Video of sh*tbag Aldhouse stealing the knives, victims GF witness. Nothing like that in the Knox case.

And what is wrong with using a Human Rights Convention to appeal extradition? The British system of justice sees all before it as equal. And innocent until found guilty, no matter what the apparent evidence.

I see lots of comment on these forums about attempts to change things in Thailand while allowing the Thais to save face. It must have been a huge turnaround for the OAG to preempt one problem by indicating that there would be no death penalty. Strike one! They are not stuck in stone. Only gradually will they see that their prison system doesn't help, rather damages.

A lot of Western countries, Australia and the US in particular, have yet to see this. That they change a fairly dangerous person into an uncontrollable monster with a lengthy prison term in a 'hard prison'. Compare that with some systems in The Netherlands, for example. Which countries have big crime problems, particularly against the person? I would wager it's those who have the most savage prison systems.

Way off the mark Bangkokrick, the evidence in the two cases polar opposites. Video of sh*tbag Aldhouse stealing the knives, victims GF witness. Nothing like that in the Knox case.

Similar I think. Both murdered outside their own countries and I don't think that justice will be done in either case.

Similar I think. Both murdered outside their own countries and I don't think that justice will be done in either case.

The only similarities is that a murder occurred in a country outside the accused's. It ends there

How stuffed up is the British "justice" system.

They're doing all they can to prevent this viscious, murdering (alleged), thug from being extradited to face up to the consequences of his crimes. Justice for the victim apparently not a consideration.

The same system that refuses to deport a convicted terrorist back to his own country, even though he has no right of residence in the UK, because they don't like how the evidence against him was found.

The same justice system that has kept an online blogger (who embarrassed several governments by publishing truthful documents) in custody for years on trumped up rape charges for which no evidence has ever been presented to the appeal courts!

No wonder seemingly half the population of Britain has moved to Thailand!

You are right it is a mess but it is a mess because the law is controlled by europe not britain,all this human rights bullshit stems from "the hague".

Also the muslim cleric you are talking about has been imprisoned now for about 9 year but its europe that are blocking the extradition,the british goverment had to appeal against the last <snip> up just to keep him locked up.Europe says he cannot be extradited because he may be killed in Jordan which breaches his human rights.This is one of the most dangerous men to threaten the western world but europe are prepared to let him walk free in the uk.its a disgrace,same with this boxer,if its proved he went looking for and murdered this guy he should face the music in Thailand.

I think you are partly right this is one of the reasons we are leaving the uk and thailand seems to be a favourite destination along with aus and the us,people feel like they are the minority we pay huge taxes for everything but seem to be the ones with the least rights.

Edited by metisdead
3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.
  • Like 1

The only similarities is that a murder occurred in a country outside the accused's. It ends there

Also Knox was allowed to appeal and was aquitted. No?

so the pitbull loses the fair fight and then goes and stabs the guy who beat him in a fair fight?

so we are looking at premeditated as he dropped into a 711 to get a knife if i remember correctly

not that I care but it will be expensive so big pockets are somewhere in all this

Unfortunately this cowardly scum will be protected by the 'Legal Aid' system in the UK, so the affair will be long and drawn out, so the lawyers can get rich, all at the expense of the British tax payer.

He does not deserve the luxury of a UK or US jail, get him back here to face up to what he did and pay the penalty.

What a shock!!! Abu qatada the radical muslim cleric has just been released on bail,he faces charges in his OWN COUTRY (jordan),he poses one the biggest dangers to the western world but yet he has been released because the european court of human rights says he may not get a fair trial in his own country.

So if we cant deport a jordanian terrorist(which we have been trying to do since 2001) who poses a high risk to uk security,there is no chance of deporting a british kick boxer who killed someone in a fight.

One thing always puzzles me,how do they get a lawyer to represent them? do they have no morals!

Unfortunately this cowardly scum will be protected by the 'Legal Aid' system in the UK, so the affair will be long and drawn out, so the lawyers can get rich, all at the expense of the British tax payer.

He does not deserve the luxury of a UK or US jail, get him back here to face up to what he did and pay the penalty.

Could not agree more and I am from Briton. The entire legal system in the UK has been destroyed by legal European bull designed to protect those the system should be punishing. Human rights is the call,obviously he already knows he will be found guilty and prefers carpeted floors, good food, colour TV, and playstations.