Public Transportation

x-pat

I live outside of the city in the Mae Jo / San Sai area and I wonder whether there is any form of public transportation here. If I understand correctly, neither Mae Jo road nor San Sai road has been graced with a new bus line. And the infamous rot daeng seldomly venture into this area of the town. So what are our options besides private motorization?

Walking? :o

Cheers, X-Pat

The reason why the rot daeng (red songthaew) isn't around your area is because they're for in-town (Chiang Mai)...

The rot kiew (green songthaew) is for your area, and heading into/out of Chiang Mai... Their parking point in town is at Kad Luang...

Edited by Ajarn

Ajarn: The rot kiew (green songthaew) is for your area, and heading into/out of Chiang Mai... Their parking point in town is at Kad Luang...

Oh boy. The sight of a rot kiew is even rarer than rot daeng here. I guess I'm stuck in suburbia!?!

X-Pat

'On-your-bike' works for me - except it's all-uphill, where-ever I go.

There are certainly occassional song-thaews along the Mae-Jo-to-San-Sai road, but you rarely see a blue or red bus out this way, wonder why not.

We also have motorbike/side-car taxis in Mae-Jo, one place to find them, is outside the day-market.

But yes, it's a country-area, which is why we like it so much :o