BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
RedStain

Chiang Mai Night Safari - Here We Go Again

Of course, some of the cleverer establishments don't exactly advertise the dual pricing system, being among of the few places that utilise Thai numerals at the ticket booth , which most farangs wouldn't have a clue about.

I have also discovered a tourist shop selling so-called local speciality foods on Phuket, which operates a dual pricing system on the food it sells. It's popular with buses and Thais pay 50% of the price that farangs pay, some of the difference between the two prices probably paid as a commission to the driver. I find this less acceptable than the two tier price for attractions. I can't recall the name of the shop in question.

When i finally move up there I think I will open up my own night safari park.

I have already made arrangements to import some unique specimens of tatti-boogles,mountain hagai,and couris timoris beasti.

In the same vein I will work out a transport system probably based on the govan kertie with halogen lighting.

This should prove to be a hugely successful enterprise but only visitors who bring their ain "kerryout" will be admitted...free of charge..of course.

At the end of the tour I will B-B-Q all of the above animals and serve them up wi neeps and stovies....an oriential delight and not to be missed... :o

I have also discovered a tourist shop selling so-called local speciality foods on Phuket, which operates a dual pricing system on the food it sells. It's popular with buses and Thais pay 50% of the price that farangs pay, some of the difference between the two prices probably paid as a commission to the driver. I find this less acceptable than the two tier price for attractions. I can't recall the name of the shop in question.

These comission sales are common. I know a Tuk-Tuk driver who has three houses, (two rented to Farang) and is sending his two children to university in Australia. He pays for all of this out of commissions from shops, (mainly gold & jewellery,) he takes tourists.

He can receive up to 60% comission on tourist purchases. One day he was over the moon having received over 1 Million Baht in commission from purchases made by a single couple!