Golfing And Getting To The Courses

livestrong

I'll be in Pattaya for a week next month and considering taking my clubs with me to play some golf.  What's the best way for me to get from beach road to the near by golf courses?  Should I book a car for this transport or are there other options?

Pattaya Sports Club used to run a bus service, pick you up, drop you off.

Maybe some one else has more upto date info.

Bring your clubs for sure. Some of the best golfing in the world can be had in this region. As suggested Pattaya Sports Club is a good starting point. The 2 closest courses are Siam and Pheonix and you could just charter a baht bus for around 300 baht each way for these 2. Any of the courses further away it might be more ecconomical to rent a car if you want to self organise a game.

The Diana Hotel group have organised trips and there is also a small golf shop on Soi Chaiyapoon that does organised trips. The O.K Coral bar on Soi Rungland also has a weekly organised game.

Go to Pattaya sports club on 3rd road and get your membership card for about

700 baht ( I think that is the cost of a 5 year). Two rounds of golf discount will pay for the card. All the courses in the area give a discount to pattaya sports club members something like 27 courses.

Look in pattaya mail sports section and there is a list of bars that play friendly

day outings. You will meet some decent people to play with and they will get you a ride with someone who is driving or the group minivan. It is normally an enjoyable day out and many hackers along with more serious players. You should fit in fine and this time of year has many people who are on vacation and drop ins

for a game of friendly golf. There must be 20 different bars that have group outings at least 2 days a week and some have it everyday like lewinski's. Weekends the courses get crowded and expensive as many people come out of bangkok and green fees about double even with the discount.

www.pattayamail.com

This price sounds about double what it should be if you have the pattaya sports club card which takes about 10 minutes to get.

green fees should be around 900 to 1100 baht which includes caddy fees.

Golf cart if you want one, around 5 - 600 baht.

It is most common to tip the caddy 200 baht at the end, 300 baht if they were extra helpful. Most don't appreciate being touched they are not the downtown girls.

I have had a few times they complain about someones grabbing them. Not all activities around Pattaya is the bar life. In all the same they are fun to joke with, sure makes a bad day on the course a little more enjoyable. It is fine to buy them a juice or coke when taking a break at one of the stands on the course.

Most will have ice, water and a glass to drink from while walking down the fairway if you can communicate it to them before you start. Just give them a couple bottles and of water and ask them do they have Ice and glass or cut one of the plastic bottles in half to drink from. Many courses have a drink stand every 3rd hole so plenty of places to get a beer or whatever while playing.

I find some times it is better to drink a few brews and joke with the caddies than have a miserable day on the course. Not all of us get to play more than a few rounds a year. Enjoy

You can also try Diana Inn on 66-38-429675 for prices starting from 3,490 including green fee, caddy and pick up transport.

The Pattaya Mail web site also has the restaurants/bars that have daily outings listed in their sports section.

Find one of the restaurants/bars and show up with your clubs. You can get a ride to and from the course.

If you wish to go to the Pattaya Sports Club, it is on Third Road behind Pattaya Driving Range. The 6 year card cost me 2,000 baht a couple of months ago, but the one year is 700. Be sure and bring a couple of small photos. I am on my third 6 year card and it is a bargain.

A couple of good links are:

http://www.pattayamail.com

http://www.pattayasports.org

Enjoy your golfing.

They do pics on site now. I had to replace a lost one a few years back.

Not sure about cost and price anymore, believe this is my second 5 year after several one year ones.

Make a few rounds to a couple bars the night before and sign up or get info on

ride and stuff for the next day with what ever bar you decide to play with.

Ring Roy at The Caddy Shack. Great little bar. I don't play but this guy is in the know and organises twice a week competions at different golf courses in the area.

071414702. I know he gets discounts it's up on the board in his bar.

I can't find a golf emoticon ??

Edited by MP5

Ring Roy at The Caddy Shack. Great little bar. I don't play but this guy is in the know and organises twice a week competions at different golf courses in the area.

MP5 it took me ages to find the golf emotion you were looking for , so here it is

:o:D:D

wouldn't you agree

MP5 it took me ages to find the golf emotion you were looking for , so here it is

:o:D:D

wouldn't you agree

Where is The Caddy Shack located?

On 3rd Road heading towards Jomtien turn left at the 7/11 same Soi as the Harley Bar and Lion Bar.

It's about 500 meters down on the left next to a Family Mart behind is Four Men House.

Ring and get precise directions if you want to get a m/c taxi

• 8 months later...

Dear Livestrong:

You can find enjoyable, competitive golf at any number of golf bars.

You may want to check out " Lewiinski's Golf Bar "on Soi Pattayaland 1 .

They have 4 golf outings per week; club hire and transportation .

You will save time trouble and $$ by doing so and you will meet like minded golfers there.

Experienced Expat