BANGKOK 18 March 2019 22:28
David48

Australian Tourist Visa Application

1 hour ago, JohnMidnight said:

Hi

Same here.  Last month I also applied online for a Subclass 600 for both my wife and myself.  But as we are in Chiang Mai the missus was able to get the biometrics done here in CM.  Me, I had to do a medical in CM Ram hospital.   The wife received her "Granted"  three days later.  It was another three weeks before I got mine.

No complaints, excellent service

Forgot to add :   For us both, they approved a 12 moth visa when I only applied for three months.. Better still again it was for 3 month multiple visits on each occasion for a period of 12 months

On 3/24/2014 at 8:29 AM, scd said:

Hello

I'm wondering about the exact definition of "Certified Copy" of Thai Documents as required by the Australian governement when making a visa application.

I'm looking at taking my partner over for a short holiday and want to provide as much proof of return documentation as possible i.e tabien baan, her business registration, etc.

I've currently got a thread going on the Chiang Mai board - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713124-certified-copies-of-thai-documents/?p=7601410 also.

Any help and/or adivce would be very much appreciated.

With thanks.

Sometime you need to read between the lines because DIAC won't come out and say

"you have only known each other for 2 months" or something similiar.

To me, that will be DIAC's biggest concern. There's only approx 2 months of knowing each other.

Another issue could also be the length of time she requested the visa for. If it was for 3 months first

up after only meeting In Jan, that would be a deal breaker IMO.

A letter from an employer wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day, DIAC probably want to see

a bit more time togther.

56 minutes ago, MONIKATSI said:

Sometime you need to read between the lines because DIAC won't come out and say

"you have only known each other for 2 months" or something similiar.

To me, that will be DIAC's biggest concern. There's only approx 2 months of knowing each other.

Another issue could also be  FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus the length of time she requested the visa for. If it was for 3 months first

up after only meeting In Jan, that would be a deal breaker IMO.

A letter from an employer wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day, DIAC probably want to see

a bit more time togther.

Hi guys, thanks for the answers and insights!

Just one additional thing: do they only start reviewing the submission after the biometrics have been collected? Or is it the case that they already start reviewing as soon as you submit and then they let you know the outcome shortly after you've dropped by for biometrics?

Reason I'm asking: processing times are roughly 2 weeks and she can only go to Bkk for biometrics in 2 weeks time. So if they only start processing after she has done the biometrics, I lose 2 weeks basically. Since I had hoped to get her here by the 22nd of March so we can then go back to Thailand together to celebrate Song Kran, that would basically kill that plan.

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 3:06 AM, Silvermane said:

Hi guys, thanks for the answers and insights!

Just one additional thing: do they only start reviewing the submission after the biometrics have been collected? Or is it the case that they already start reviewing as soon as you submit and then they let you know the outcome shortly after you've dropped by for biometrics?

Reason I'm asking: processing times are roughly 2 weeks and she can only go to Bkk for biometrics in 2 weeks time. So if they only start processing after she has done the biometrics, I lose 2 weeks basically. Since I had hoped to get her here by the 22nd of March so we can then go back to Thailand together to celebrate Song Kran, that would basically kill that plan.

When we did ours, got an email within 24 hours of the biometrics to say it was approved.

Edited by rhodie

On 2/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, Olmate said:

Under Anglo Thai legal Bangkok 

You can contact me direct at info AT offshoemigration(dot)com(dot)au or contact Anglothailegal(dot)com

Changes to Partner visas expected to be introduced in July along with an increase in fees and requirements.  Applicants will need to apply for approved sponsorship prior to submitting a partner application.  This will add delays and costs.  Details are expected to be announced in April. 

48 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

Changes to Partner visas expected to be introduced in July along with an increase in fees and requirements.  Applicants will need to apply for approved sponsorship prior to submitting a partner application.  This will add delays and costs.  Details are expected to be announced in April. 

Do you work for AU immigration?

The reason I ask is after many complaints, even to the ombudsman I still have a large problem dealing with AUI...

I have been visiting Australia for many years, dating back to 1994. I had three work visas and - since 2004 - three tourist visas to visit family and friends.

At this point I will add that I am a (white) South African man, in his 50s with three grown up (Australian citizen) children (and a gaggle of grandkids). Am I sounding like a national security threat to Australia yet? I must be, as when I apply for a tourist visa I face incredible hardship trying to deal with all the ridiculous obstacles put in my way.

For example, I have to provide army discharge papers, from 1984 when they know very well there was conscription at the time so nothing nefarious going on there!

Also, I am now required to provide a Police Clearance Cert (PCC) from Bangkok.

Let me add also I live in the south so getting to and from the BIg-Smoke is expensive and tedious - when you are forced to make at least two trips - one for PCC and then back for BIO and even possibly a medical. In total a 3 month tourist visa will cost me about 15,000 THB.

I complained that their online system does not give you all the facts before you make payment, allowing you to plan for all this bullshit. Once you pay only then do you get informed of BIO and medical requirements - a scam if you ask me as you are also only given limited time...

I also complained about the fact I have lived here in Thailand, at the same address since 2005, and have visited Aus twice from here since - without all this crap.

We are informed the BIO data will be required EVERY visa. Do my fingerprints expire?

Let me say again - TOURIST VISA, 3 MONTHS. You know, the one my English friend who lives here can apply for in the guise of an E-visa. $20 and off he goes.

If this is not discrimination then what is? 

Edited by ParadiseLost

9 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

Do you work for AU immigration?

I see your previous post is from a legal firm. My mistake, unless I can sue these dicks for keeping me from seeing my family.

3 hours ago, OffshoreMig said:

The changes to the Partner visas requiring the sponsor to be approved first will take effect no later than 10 June 2019. The law was given Royal Assent on 10 December 2018.

On 1 July the fees will increase.